PDA

View Full Version : 4WS For Racing?

jimbob789
07-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Lately, i have been having the idea of turning my celica GTR 4WS (3SGE) into the occasional autocross/ rally/ track racing car.

I was thinking of an exhaust system, TRD 1.5Way LSD, Bigger Wheels and Lower Springs on the original TEMS Suspension (Toyota Electronic Modulated Suspension).

Then the 4WS (Four Wheel Steering) popped up in my mind.

Obviously with my celica being FWD, it would have understeer.

Do you think with the rear wheels steering, it would have less of it?

Under 45 - Rear wheels turn the oppisite way from wheels
Over 45 - Rear wheels turn the same way as front wheels
Sport mode - Rear wheels always turn the opposite way from the front (I thought it would be better for racing)

I got some info on the 4WS in the 5th gen GTR section

http://nacelicas.darkbb.com/

What do you think.?

Mafix
07-20-2009, 01:22 PM
well a couple things need to change. you'll have to eliminate TEMS all together. thus destroying a very rare car.

jimbob789
07-21-2009, 05:44 AM
well a couple things need to change. you'll have to eliminate TEMS all together. thus destroying a very rare car.

I have thought of that, for a $1000, you can buy a 4ws celica with the paintwork faded, the tems suspension broken and a few dents here and there with the engine still running sweet.

I was thinking of replacing the broken tems and getting some coilovers, exhaust, intake, wheels, lightweight and take it from there.

That way i'll still have a wicked 4ws celica

Grot
07-21-2009, 05:53 AM
I have thought of that, for a $1000, you can buy a 4ws celica with the paintwork faded, the tems suspension broken and a few dents here and there with the engine still running sweet.

I was thinking of replacing the broken tems and getting some coilovers, exhaust, intake, wheels, lightweight and take it from there.

That way i'll still have a wicked 4ws celica

Better idea than destroying a rarer car

Mafix
07-21-2009, 01:29 PM
indeed. the TEMS works great for a street car. it's far too slow acting for racing.