PDA

View Full Version : Alltrac pops out of 1st gear when I try to move

BlueDragon
07-18-2009, 04:22 AM
My car pops out of first and only first. I can start it in second (not fun) and everything is fine. I thought if syncros went it would screw up first and third or second and fourth. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? :thumbsdow

Mr. Babb
07-18-2009, 04:24 AM
it does that because it wants you to give it to me...................

broderp
07-18-2009, 01:55 PM
it does that because it wants you to give it to me...................
:bowdown: LOL

BlueDragon
07-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Trust me I am about to that point. I cannot drive this thing for more then a week without something going wrong.
I just had the entire drive-train out for 2 months. Brand new clutch pressure plate and lightweight flywheel and throw out bearing and now it starts this b.s... It never ends.
Anyone else ever run into this?
I have checked my cables nothings in the way. Toyota God please I don't wanna pull the engine again.
My Upgrade Thread....here (http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37857)

renegadex
07-18-2009, 02:55 PM
The only pop out problem that I have heard of is on the MK1 MR2. On the older transmissions, 5th gear tends to pop out due to worn syncros. Perhaps you are having the same problem only with first gear? How are your motor mounts?

BlueDragon
07-18-2009, 03:10 PM
I always hear stuff about second gear and my last alltrac grinded second sometimes at redline... but this is stupid it does it right when i try to move.
My front and back engine mounts are speed-source poly and the "hangers" on either side were not ripped when I put it back in.

Mr. Babb
07-18-2009, 03:39 PM
on a serious note, it kinda sounds like first gear may not be fully engaging, maybe check those cables again and also check on the shifter assembly itself

BlueDragon
07-18-2009, 06:32 PM
I think thats a good description of what is happening, I will check them again. Is there any way my larger slave cylinder pushrod have anything to do with this? Ive drivin it weeks without this problem dont kno why it would do it now.