PDA

View Full Version : Will it work?

importrcr13
07-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Okay, so while replacing the wheel bearings in my conversion i put everything back together then put the wheel back on... everything ran GREAT for almost 2 weeks straight.

This past sunday I went to my fathers house and on the way the car made some horrible noises from the wheel we replaced the bearing in. Once I got there I hopped out of the car and pushed the wheel and it was rocking VERY BAD.

I thought the wheel bearings went bad again, so backed the car up, lifted it, pulled off the wheel, and the CV Axle thread where you screw the nut on completely BROKE OFF!

SO here's my question... evidently this part is as rare as a unicorn... i've called EVERYONE autozone, checker, BAP imports, carquest, etc etc. only one that has it is the dealer and they want almost $600.00 for the half shaft... i told em "shove it"

Will the knuckle, cv joint from the front wheels FIT the back? Or does anyone know where i could find this half shaft part???

Thanks !!

Trance4c
07-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Junkyard dude..

Use car-parts.com, nation wide inventory search engine for junkyards.

Find what you need. Go from there.

importrcr13
07-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Junkyard dude..

Use car-parts.com, nation wide inventory search engine for junkyards.

Find what you need. Go from there.

Been there done that. Searched for 2 days of being transfered, between phone and email... no one can tell me where to get it or if they know they have it.

Trance4c
07-15-2009, 05:45 PM
oh come on man.. try a bit harder.

Had to do the same thing a few years ago for my front driver side, found one 30 minutes from the house searching the junkyards.

You gotta get out there and work for it. Get movin'!!

importrcr13
07-15-2009, 06:09 PM
oh come on man.. try a bit harder.

Had to do the same thing a few years ago for my front driver side, found one 30 minutes from the house searching the junkyards.

You gotta get out there and work for it. Get movin'!!

Rofl... Friend of mine work for BAP imports and I have them looking for some too.

I'll keep trying but just out of curiosity, do you think the front cv joint would link up with the rear axle? Or are they simply not compatible?

Mafix
07-15-2009, 08:36 PM
so you need an axle for what? AWD axles are like 100 bucks each and FWD axles are even cheaper. i can get tham all day long. where is the issue.

importrcr13
07-15-2009, 08:43 PM
WTF!? I've been going everwhere asking for "91 Celica AllTrac RL CV AXLE" and no one can seem to find it or order it... are there any other cars that will work as well? help me out here I have tons of people that have the fronts with no problem... but the rear no one seems to have....

By AWD axles i'm asuming not EVERY axle is compatible...

Kastigir
07-15-2009, 09:12 PM
napaautoparts.com shows them for $60/each, + $84 core.

joe's gt
07-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Take out the CV part. Maybe they're thinking you just want the CV joint when in reality you want the axle.

importrcr13
07-15-2009, 09:23 PM
napaautoparts.com shows them for $60/each, + $84 core.

Napa shows having them , but when calling and asking for it, they show not in stock and not being able to order them... i saw that too :-x

Mafix
07-15-2009, 09:38 PM
lol rookie
napa in stock
part number - NMD 954149

importrcr13
07-15-2009, 09:54 PM
lol rookie
napa in stock
part number - NMD 954149

Rookie? hardly... It shows in stock... I call:
them: thx for calling
Me: i need this part #yada yada
them: one moment
me: singing the hold music
them: okay we show it not in stock here it will need to be ordered
me: okay how long is the wait for the shipping?
them: one moment
me: back to singing hold music
them: okay its showing the item in stock however its not able to be ordered. you may have to try carquest, or bap import, etc
me: i've tried them all they say they dont have them.
them: Im sorry you can try doing a search online.
me: *CLICK*

this is pissing me off its like none of these f*cking retailers can help me... I just tried to buy it online... hopefully they dont screw me over... i've been carpooling with the wifey and its not at all fun.

Mafix
07-16-2009, 02:00 AM
there is one in the dc hub store.
i checked. they don't want to ship it i would imagine.

importrcr13
07-16-2009, 05:27 AM
there is one in the dc hub store.
i checked. they don't want to ship it i would imagine.

Guy says he found one. Wouldn't tell me where though... possibly the same one you found. Said "Oh yeah they can ship it, depending on when they do it can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks."

I just don't have that much time to have only 1 operating car.

Mafix
07-16-2009, 04:06 PM
PM me.