PDA

View Full Version : Cant decide on what to do...?

Freshnicity
07-13-2009, 07:57 AM
So i got my 90 GT. Fuel line broke, patched it, probably wont hold, whatever. Its got major PS leakage, thats never been addressed, so its killed the right side of the car underneith, its pretty gross, trying to clean up after previous owners suck.

Im trying to turbo a 5s, and drop it into a lovely 5th gen LB, which i have one. Cause i got a lot of parts to turbo one already.

So...couple choices i need help on.

Save money for a second car to drive daily, so i can do work on the celica, replacing hard fuel line(couldnt do it cause front sway bar bolts were so coroded couldnt get a socket on them), cleaning up PS mess, replacing needed things. would be a real project, which im cool with.

Or

Save up for another Celica in better condition. And work on that instead, and not have it have so much down time.

help me out

85gtsblackman
07-13-2009, 08:47 AM
buy a 3rd gen, swap it to a 1uzfe

fix up the things that already fucked on the 5th gen use it as a daily, or sell and upgrade to a 6th gen, or toyota truck or subaru

Freshnicity
07-13-2009, 03:09 PM
buy a 3rd gen, swap it to a 1uzfe

fix up the things that already fucked on the 5th gen use it as a daily, or sell and upgrade to a 6th gen, or toyota truck or subaru

Word. yeah im thinking of getting a 6th gen. seem to be harder to come by.

Would really like a 4th gen coupe if i could find one.

85gtsblackman
07-13-2009, 10:20 PM
thats why there is craigslist

Freshnicity
07-13-2009, 10:37 PM
found a couple.

all automatics though, which i cant get down with.

Ive decided to get a 4th gen GT or GTS coupe. Now just to get the money

CollapsedNut
07-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Ima have a 5th gen st with low milage engine and tranny swap for sale in a month or two...

Freshnicity
07-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Ima have a 5th gen st with low milage engine and tranny swap for sale in a month or two...

Had an ST, was a cool car. But im looking to get a 4th gen as a project

CollapsedNut
07-13-2009, 11:05 PM
I see... I've got my eyes on you punk

Cavanagh
07-13-2009, 11:22 PM
4th gen? Why? People on the boards will hate me for this, but they are teh Yucky-ness.

Freshnicity
07-13-2009, 11:56 PM
4th gen? Why? People on the boards will hate me for this, but they are teh Yucky-ness.

Actually I think the 4th Gen Coupes have nice lines. I like the body of the 4th Gen coupe

Not to mention if I get a GT I can stick with the engine ive been working on, which is a turbo'd 5sfe, which i have a lot of parts for already. Not to mention all the research ive been doing, and work on my own NA 5s.

So im saving right now for a 4th Gen Coupe to have as my turbo project. Keeping the GT as a DD for now. Even though people try to race me at every light due to the gauges.

How much will a decent condition 4th gen coupe run me? and are they easy to come by?

85gtsblackman
07-14-2009, 07:26 AM
4th gen eh

ok well enjoy the fake fwd 3rd gen

ug2

Freshnicity
07-14-2009, 07:28 AM
4th gen eh

ok well enjoy the fake fwd 3rd gen

ug2

I will.

There scarce around here though, sucks.

Oh well ill wait it out.

Hows the GT-S Joe?

Cavanagh
07-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Get Grot's, he has such a clean shell.

Freshnicity
07-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Get Grot's, he has such a clean shell.

I wish. So far though. Theres a REALLY clean one out here, but its an ST, $1750. 5spd. All stock which is what i want, dont want anyone elses project. Right now I dont have any money saved, come wednesday i should have a couple hundred packed down for it though.

Ill find one though, ive been assured they are easy to come by. I see A LOT at the wrecking yard. So ill get one, and make it a monster.

Cav you should get one to. Either that or a Caddi CTS :)

85gtsblackman
07-14-2009, 09:04 AM
its awaiting for me to reverse dismatle it