PDA

View Full Version : Usdm Vs Jdm 3sgte

importrcr13
07-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Okay, I've searched this topic with different key words. Still can't seem to find it.

Can someone give me some ideas as to what the differences are physically between the 3SGTE "JDM" and the 3SGTE "USDM"?

I have the 2nd gen 3SGTE motor, i'm sure of that. However looking at the JDM motor swaps i've seen the only difference I can tell is that the alternator on the 2nd gens are located in the left side of the motor underneath the intake manifold.

Then again, when looking at OTHER 3SGTE's that claim to be JDM the alternator is in the front...

Anyone have pics, or can tell me the difference between the two? PHYSICAL DIFFERENCE not MECHANICAL I already know the mechanical spec differences (those are easy to find)

Thanks in advance!

T-spoon
07-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Physically? You're going to find almost nothing different. The best visual indication I can think of is the EGR. Even if it's blocked off and removed, you'll still see block off plates on the side of the manifold and valve cover if it's USDM. If it's JDM, there simply won't be an EGR or anywhere to connect it on the valve cover. If it's a USDM Manifold and a JDM shortblock, there will be no port or blocked off port on the valve cover but there will be a block off on the manifold. Alternator placement is the same. If you see one with the alternator down there, it's from an MR2.

Nitro_Alltrac
07-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Tspoon's right. I've got a JDM engine in my car and the EGR is the only difference.

wizzards581
07-12-2009, 10:31 AM
egr only. or else celica or mr2 difference