PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen wiper swaps

alwayzsidewayz
07-09-2009, 10:08 AM
I am fed up with the poor quality of the windscreen washing from the stock set up.
its prob my arctual arms. coz they are worn, but in heavy rain, its easier just to stick your head outa the window and see that way
so thinking bout a swap to different arms, the rear is easy, going to get a 205 one, but not sure bout the front, thinking gen 5? anybody done this already???

CriScO
07-10-2009, 05:40 AM
I was going to look into this today at work, but we were busy as hell and I forgot.

Would I be right to assume you think the springs on the wiper arms are getting weak? Because if it's a blade choice issue you can get around that.

alwayzsidewayz
07-10-2009, 07:14 AM
yeah its the actual arms that are shot, blades are new, but just no pressure on them, and 2nd hand 4th gen ones all look to be as worn, new from toyota they are , so want to see if there is any other ones we can use.
Cheers for the help

CriScO
07-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Okay, just making sure, I made a long rant on wiper arm adapters a while back that would have come in useful otherwise.

Last I checked I didn't have access to our wiper arms(I work at a parts chain), but I'll double check as our inventory's been getting huge since we merged with another chain. I've never checked for fifth gens. Anyway, I'll try and see what I can do. If I can get fifth gen arms locally I can compare length and mounts.

alwayzsidewayz
07-10-2009, 11:11 AM
thank you loads well appreciate it.

RedRkt01
07-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I'd like to know if 205 blades will work for us or not.

CriScO
07-11-2009, 05:44 AM
Nope, I can't get either. :( Something I'll look into next time someone with a fifth gen comes in, though.

alwayzsidewayz
07-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Cheers for trying..