PDA

View Full Version : Got into a accident with the Celica :-(

extremeskillz
07-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Well, I'm just depressed. I was at work and had to respond to a client site as they were having some network issues, so I responded to the call and decided to take a ride to the site and check things out. I get in the Celica and take off, minding my own business, getting the usual nice car attention my car deserves, and all of sudden a fucking Honda accord pulls out and I had no where to go. I hit the brakes, hard in fact, locking them and at the same time turning my wheel left as I didn't want the to T-Bone the kid driving. I ended up in his driver side fender. He was a young one about 18 or 19 with is girlfriend. First thing I did was make sure they were ok and they were fine. Then i asked why did you just pull out and stop in the middle of the road? (Side note: He pulled out from a side street there was a blind spot, so he did sneak out a lil to see if it was ok to go). Well fuck me because as he pulled out with confidence, he lost his confidence in the oncoming traffic and stopped in the middle of my lane as I was approaching. As soon as he stoped i knew i was fucked. But with everyone ok, which was more important to me, I am at a lost for words for my baby.

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/7/9/4/0708091303.jpg

I'll get the police report tomorrow and take it from there. Hopefully its not totaled...but I'm so pissed! This is with the fact I was looking for another car to put mine away for good then this happens. I'm not in a good mood!

extremeskillz
07-08-2009, 11:20 PM
BTW hitting the brakes that hard must of snapped my passenger side brake SS line. After I rolled it to the side i saw fluid on the ground and notice my pedal pressure getting light. So she's not drivable for now :(

PhillyDRFT
07-08-2009, 11:40 PM
It'll buff out....

PhillyDRFT
07-08-2009, 11:45 PM
In all honesty though, First glance it doesn't look too bad for a novice to fix.

If they total it, just buy it back and use the extra money to fix it. (if your state allows that! I've heard about discrepancy with letting older model cars purchased back as part of a ploy to stimulate the purchase of newer more fuel efficiency vehicles. )

That's a total shame, You've always had such a nice GT-S. If the insurance claim doesn't work and you'd like... take some more pictures of the rad support and the full damage. I can definitely help direct you how to handle it yourself.

Gl buddy! That's a real tough break.

Murgatroy
07-08-2009, 11:54 PM
That sucks mang, your car was always so clean.

extremeskillz
07-08-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm pretty pissed and this was after a full wax treatment a couple days prior. Hopefully it works to my favor and I can rebuild the car.

importrcr13
07-09-2009, 12:15 AM
yeah i've repaired front end collisions worse than this... looks like new hood/ bumper 1 headlight trim and , pass fender looks fine from this angle... you could prob go to certifit, or ebay, and get those parts have it back together and painted for $400.00 easy.

Trance4c
07-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Damn man... sucks to hear! I hope you are able to do something.

Lonestag
07-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Owww, that sucks man!

burnyd
07-09-2009, 12:34 AM
oh well that sucks, could have been worse.... glad your okay, honestly does not look terrible... doesnt look like you need to get it pulled out and Im assuming your support is not bent... looks like youll just need body parts.

andy
07-09-2009, 03:10 AM
sux, but thats fixable, hit the junk yards.

broderp
07-09-2009, 03:16 AM
I know your pain. Sorry to hear the news. There are too few of us on the road as it is.

Given the age of the car, it may be close. Did the airbags go off?

Here was the damage to my Celica a few weeks ago. It's totaled, mainly due to the airbags going off. I bought it from the insurance company and will be rebuilding it, though with a salvage title.. :thumbsdow

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/4/5/9/3/DSC_1092small.jpg

Okctrd
07-09-2009, 03:30 AM
nooooo. sorry to hear that. hopefully they won't total it and can be fixed easily.

Slider
07-09-2009, 03:57 AM
I don't want to be too negative but it might get totalled. Any pics of the passenger side? Is the fender hitting the door? Judging by the passenger side headlight the radiator support is pushed back and possibly more might be tweaked. Either way good luck with everything man. I've been there and done that.

extremeskillz
07-09-2009, 04:12 AM
i checked the everything under the hood and all fine. its just everything forward thats bent like the crash bar. the passenger fender is bent, all carbon flax is damaged, and so is the pass headlight and fog light. it's mainly body panels and a hood and all the trim i need to get her back to looking great again. the drivers side is the best side right now.

Colossus20v
07-09-2009, 04:15 AM
that really sucks and I am so sorry to see that happen to your car.

If your interested, I have a stock hood in my garage in Pittsburgh that I was going to just junk because no one wanted to buy it. If its not to much trouble to ship, you can have it. PM me if you are interested.

5thgenkeeper
07-09-2009, 04:18 AM
That looks like a mirror image of what I did to mine when I rear ended a pickup with a trailer hitch that got cut off by some asshole that fled the scene. The dent looked exactly like that only on the left side. I had my headlights open at the time and smashed a brand new Bosch H4 I had put in the day before :( I got a used headlight assy, used bumper, new aftermarket hood and had to have the upper and lower rad support pulled out and the fender straightened a bit. Body shop tagged me for about $2k Canadian after it was all lined up and painted. I have the same bumper oyu do and that was a bit of a chore to find but there's tones of headlight assys around, I have a couple right hand ones myself if you need one.

goretro77
07-09-2009, 04:54 AM
glad your alright, cars can be replaced or fixed.

Hope you work it out quickly.

Shadowlife25
07-09-2009, 05:22 AM
Carlos, there is a guy on AT.net selling his front bumper and crash bar.is the link. Good deal on it all too. :) Hope this will help you.

-Mario

Link removed for security purposes. Thank you 5thgenkeeper

5thgenkeeper
07-09-2009, 05:27 AM
Carlos, there is a guy on AT.net selling his front bumper and crash bar.

-Mario

Wow that site is broken, that link logs us right into your account.

Ryan
07-09-2009, 05:56 AM
Im sorry to hear carlos... I am glad you are alright, and everyone in the other car is alright.

Im really sorry about your car bro..

If there is anything I can keep an eye out for you to help fix it, let me know, and I will do so.

Ghosty
07-09-2009, 06:05 AM
That sucks about the crash!

Good thing you and that little asswipe and his girl are ok, though.

Since your hood is bent... thinking of an AllTrac hood? Scoop or vent?

Okctrd
07-09-2009, 06:37 AM
i found this on ebay, all 4 the trim pieces, shipping is a high but here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front-Trim-90-93-TOYOTA-CELICA-all-4-Pieces_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a 2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1171Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trks idZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3a506f465fQQitemZ250 457572959QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcces sories

Grot
07-09-2009, 07:05 AM
^^Linky is JDM trim to IIRC

extremeskillz
07-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks everyone. I will begin the rebuild stage when the insurance figures out what they want to do. I'm going to persue this one. I'm no longer a nice guy and going to get as much as I can out of this. When this is settled I will start tearing her apart and see what exactly I need. I will put together a parts list and you, as you've awesome guys have done already, start posting links to parts. I'm prob now going to do a full JDM conversion but still going with the stock front bumper. As much as i love the RC bumper I still want to keep my car original as possible with the JDM upgrades.

METDeath
07-09-2009, 04:41 PM
^^Linky is JDM trim to IIRC

No, that's just 92/93. The JDM/Euro stuff says "CELICA" in place of "TOYOTA"

extremeskillz
07-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Yea I like my trim as it didn't say anything on them. It was cleaner that way! lol