PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a suspension

anachranerd
07-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Hey all,

Im compiling a list/budget for the parts I want to get for my 88 GTS. Right now im looking into suspension.

Ive spent three years on this car trying to perfect it as much as possible. So Im willing to spend some money if i know the right things to buy.

For the suspension. What would you all buy? I am going to get new mounts, springs, struts, ball joints, tie rods, bearings, end links, bushings. For the end links, bushings, bearings, etc I was going to go OEM.

But for struts, mounts, and springs, I wouldn't mind an upgrade. Let's just say I want the best grip possible. I like to take my turns hard :) And a somewhat smooth ride.

That being said, what recommendations do you all have for struts, springs? Should I go lowered? I want grip and more grip.

KoreanJoey
07-03-2009, 08:01 AM
... Hard to say what you'd like to compromise in. Remember it's always going to be a give and take game between grip and comfort.

DaneDog311
07-05-2009, 06:40 AM
I have intrax race springs and KYB struts ... works for me...

joe's gt
07-05-2009, 08:24 AM
I agree with Joey man. Let us know whether its gonna be dd, track car, mostly dd and slightly track, or mostly track and slightly dd.

anachranerd
07-05-2009, 09:51 PM
HUmmmm. Id like to say mostly track. When you sacrifice comfort for track performance, how much are we talking about? To the point where it is downright unpleasant? Or just some extra jolts. Id rather not have it at the point where I cant drive it to work, etc. Excellent grip can be a good thing for me even daily driving. I caught myself not paying attention and going around a turn at 50 mph through a puddle the other day. My maxima has awesome stock suspension and tires, thats what saved me.