PDA

View Full Version : BGB (7th gen) question

broderp
06-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Has anyone noticed that some of the BGB system circuits have the same page numbers?

Example:

"Power WIndows" starts on page 118, but appearantly so does the "Stop Light" circuit.

Were there two different manuals?

I'm attempting to piece togther the entire manual and book mark etc... for my personal reference.

Also, what engine were in these? I thought they were the "ZZ" series, but I see starting and ingnition schematics on the 5S-FE and 7A-FE. What am I missing?

(I'm new to the 7th gen so be gentle!) :laugh:

Thanks,
Raymons

vip09
06-29-2009, 07:07 PM
You sure you have the right book? I had an electronic copy of the 2001 Celica BGB and it only had 1zz and 2zz.

broderp
06-30-2009, 12:09 PM
I just rechecked, and I still see the 5S-FE and 7A-FE engine listed in "system circuits" in the 7th gen BGB section. I believe the other duplicate numbered pages are there as well.

I took the time and assembled them based on page number and what matched (the 7th gen Celica stuff says "2002 celica" on the bottom)

I don't know what the other stuff is for, (6th gen?)and some of it seems to conflict with the 2002 stuff.

Perhaps a moderator or someone in charge of the web site can look into this. This has the potential to be quite dangerous and costly if someone uses the wrong book to work on thier car!

Raymond

broderp
07-03-2009, 08:29 AM
FYI,

There IS an error in the BGB section of this website.

Unless 7th gen Celica came with engines other than 1ZZ-FE & the 2ZZ-GE AND were available as a CONVERTIBLE, you need to pay attention to the systems circuits you are looking at!!

I spent hours looking at the wrong schematics, and then to top it off, the 7th gen wiring CHANGED from one year to the next, (connector type, pin numbers AND wire colors!) so be cautious, just because its the right "generation" don't assume it's right!

A long trip to the dealer and a few photocpies later proved this theory.

Moderators, web guys,are you listening? :eek: :eek:

FYI