PDA

View Full Version : I need to remove some stuff...

Frenchy
06-29-2009, 02:46 AM
Ok, I've been in the garage for like twenty minutes, trying to get the tail lights out of my 92 celica, and I can't figure it out..

I've removed like, 6 or more 10mm bolts, and still no luck...

I need to remove the tail lights, the little fiberglass part that goes around the tail lights and between them, and the rear bumper...

I need to figure this out before tomorrow... I'm starting some "work" on the rear end...

:)

Galcobar
06-29-2009, 03:12 AM
Assuming it's a hatchback?

Step one, pop the orange sidemarkers out with a screwdriver wedged in between the orange and red section. Pull two screws from underneath. Open the hatch, remove the little plastic cover along the edge of the trunk. Remove screw. Then pull the entire piece out slowly -- it's clipped in. Once it's out a couple inches, you'll have to disconnect the wiring. There will be two bars screwed into the back of the light assembly, remove one screw from each and rotate the bar out of the way so as to free the wiring, then unplug all the bulbs.

Frenchy
06-29-2009, 03:20 AM
nope... its a coupe...

METDeath
06-29-2009, 03:44 AM
For the coupe, you still have to pop off the corners, however, there is one screw on the top of each light. After those three screws (per side), the lights should gently pop out, you will have to loosen one more screw and remove one more that is holding the wiring harness to the assembly, then remove all the bulbs and then you're done.

Installation is the reverse of removal.

Frenchy
06-29-2009, 05:25 AM
I got it all right after I figures out how to get the lights out...

car looks weird without lights or bumper or anything for that matter...

Galcobar
06-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Heh, before I got my girl painted I disassembled her for the most part. Took off the front bumper, mirrors, all lights, every piece of trim, wipers, nozzles, interior panels around the doors and in the hatch... man, was it loud to drive.

theorhetoric
06-29-2009, 11:35 PM
my 4thgen has an adhesive on them as well :(