PDA

View Full Version : Fog Lights not on GT-S?

broderp
06-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Every thing I read (brochure, on line specs etc) state that the GT-S comes with fog lights.

My new (new to me) 2003 GT-S does not. I didn't recall it being an option.

The car has the factory "Action Package", I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Other bits to add:

-The car has clean title
-Carfax reports no accidents or damage
-Does not come with fog light switch, just the standard light switch
-Vin does state it's a GT-S (Has all other GTS options, leather, JBL stereo etc.)

Any thoughts?

I hope I can buy the correct OEM light switch, and the wiring is the all there (plug and play). I've priced the OEM fog lights.....expensive!

vip09
07-01-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm pretty sure the fogs were an option. The fog lights for the TRD front bumper are $$$$!!!!!

BTW, your sig says you have a 2ZZ-FE. It's a 2ZZ-GE!

importrcr13
07-01-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm pretty sure the fogs were an option. The fog lights for the TRD front bumper are $$$$!!!!!

BTW, your sig says you have a 2ZZ-FE. It's a 2ZZ-GE!

Yeah i think the GT-S came standard with fogs, GT model only with sun and sound package you get fogs.

Vip's right though the fogs for TRD are expensive, but bada$$

i think its GT = 1ZZ-FE, and GTS 2ZZ-GE?

Also, if you're unsure if it has the GTS engine, i think the visual difference is the way the intake manifold is sitting. On the GT the intake manifold is Straight forward 4 pipes, and on the GT-S the manifold is kinda at an angle pointed to the right

vip09
07-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Also, if you're unsure if it has the GTS engine, i think the visual difference is the way the intake manifold is sitting. On the GT the intake manifold is Straight forward 4 pipes, and on the GT-S the manifold is kinda at an angle pointed to the right

Or... the 1ZZ has a black plastic intake manifold, and the 2ZZ has a gray aluminum intake manifold.. :)

broderp
07-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Well I'm sure I have the 2ZZ-GE (Thanks for the correction) engine, and the VIN comes back to a GTS, but I have no fog lightss and only the 6 speaker sound system.

The car came with the OEM "Action Package", perhaps this meant no fogs, as there may be clearance issues? (There is also no switch on the control stalk)

??????

vip09
07-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Do you have rear disc brakes?

broderp
07-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Do you have rear disc brakes?

Yes I do have rear disc brakes, I also have leather interior, "aimable" front head lamps, from what I can tell, aside from the fogs and radio (only 6 speakers). it's a GTS.... :wtf: Right?

I'd be suspicious of rebuilt or salvage title but the title is clean, I got the car from a reputable dealer.

????

vip09
07-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Yes I do have rear disc brakes, I also have leather interior, "aimable" front head lamps, from what I can tell, aside from the fogs and radio (only 6 speakers). it's a GTS.... :wtf: Right?

I'd be suspicious of rebuilt or salvage title but the title is clean, I got the car from a reputable dealer.

????

Take your door panels off and you will find your two missing speakers.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/vip09/parts%20car/STP63327Small.jpg

importrcr13
07-03-2009, 08:13 PM
I didn't realize it had the action packages standard... If you have that on from manufacter, the fog lights are only optional because the standard fogs of the GT sun and sound , and the GTS sun and sound will not fit without modification. The action package has different fog lights which were extra purchased only after market.

They are big blue round ones that fit on the end hole of your bumper.

broderp
07-14-2009, 06:14 AM
I didn't realize it had the action packages standard... If you have that on from manufacter, the fog lights are only optional because the standard fogs of the GT sun and sound , and the GTS sun and sound will not fit without modification. The action package has different fog lights which were extra purchased only after market.

They are big blue round ones that fit on the end hole of your bumper.

This is GOOD news. THANKS. Seeing as the car started down the assembly line as a GT-S, do you think it has the wiring installed?

I'd be Ok with buying the OEM light switch and installing it, hopefully the connectors match.

I'd be interested in purchacing the TRD Fog lamps, any good links? :wiggle:

hyoctane
07-20-2009, 03:06 AM
Do you have a picture of the front fascia where the fog lamps "should" be? I think even the action package equipped GT-Ss had fog lamps.

Here's a link: http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115704

They aren't true TRD fogs, but you'll get the idea.

BTW, do you have a 6 speed or an automatic? Just curious...

broderp
07-20-2009, 06:13 AM
Do you have a picture of the front fascia where the fog lamps "should" be? I think even the action package equipped GT-Ss had fog lamps.

Here's a link: http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115704

They aren't true TRD fogs, but you'll get the idea.

BTW, do you have a 6 speed or an automatic? Just curious...

They go on the ends of the front bumper cover in the large (4") opeinings. If you do not have them, there are black louvered caps.

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/4/5/9/3/celac.jpg

Believe it or not, I bought an automatic w the steering wheel shifter controls. The only GTS I could find in my area (Within 200miles) with the 6 speed was a 2002, but it had been suped up with a turbo and a bunch of other racing stuff that I felt would make it an impractical daily driver. Even though it has less milaige than the car I bought, the engine was quite a bit dirtier than my car.

I kinda liked the Yellow color and action package as well.

vip09
07-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Damn, you got the slow one. :(

It's pretty though.. just don't try to race a 7th gen GT.

Back on topic.. I've seen action package cars that have the normal fog lights, but they are mounted in the hole between where the a/c condensor is and the big 4" hole for the TRD fogs.

broderp
07-23-2009, 02:31 AM
Damn, you got the slow one. :(

It's pretty though.. just don't try to race a 7th gen GT.

Back on topic.. I've seen action package cars that have the normal fog lights, but they are mounted in the hole between where the a/c condensor is and the big 4" hole for the TRD fogs.

Yeah I hear that....good thing I'm "old" and my racing days are long over. The auto feels much peppier than my 95 (5 speed) which is just fine with me. :cool:

I've seen several normal fog lights on action packages as well in the location you mention, but to me they don't have the same "cool factor" as the large 4" lamps in the right place.

If I can't get some TRD fogs (can't seem to find them anywhere) I might go for some Hella 4" 'angel eyes' lamps, custom fit to the OEM location in the bumper with an OEM light switch for the "standard fog light" lamp stalk.

v3
07-23-2009, 03:56 AM
Go for the wally world fogs hyoctane linked, they are cheap, way cheaper than TRD fogs and look just as good.

importrcr13
07-23-2009, 04:50 AM

Then they were put on after-market. (unless the person had them originally without the action package)

If the action package is from factory there are no fog lights put in, however they ARE wired for it, you will just have to have an optional switch to turn them on or swap out the headlight column from one that has the fogs standard.
Or just get a car with fogs standard, upgrade to action package, then you're set :)

broderp
07-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Nyone ever use these?

TRD-ish FOG LIGHTS (http://blinglights.com/shopbling/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4377&CategoryProductId=8290)