PDA

View Full Version : pedestrian question?

zmile06
06-17-2009, 03:27 AM
Ok so my fiance was driving home, and i was with her... And it was raining very heavily outside, we turned down a neighborhood plat. about 30 feet after the turn there are like 3 of the dumbest teenagers I've ever seen walking slowly across the road out of the way of a car going 25. We didn't even see them until the lights caught them on a road sloping down and turning. They see us and just keep moving like snail shit, luckily my fiance swerved some and didn't make them moron pies.

My question is if she would of hit them would it be her fault or the pedestrian? Keep in mind there were no street lights, 10 pm pitch black out, and heavy rain. I would think it would be theirs, but what do you guys think?

My91GTS
06-17-2009, 03:40 AM
Well was she driving with the high beam on? But most likely it would be consider her fault specially since driver are supposed to give the pedestrians the right to pass and should be very careful when driving in those conditions as u saw what could of happened. Then again I'm just a teen so what would i know right. I'm not trying to be an ass but you have to understand that as a driver you have to keep in mind other ppl well being on the road either driving or them walking.

Fox 21 Alpha
06-17-2009, 03:42 AM
Assuming you were not speeding and there was no signs of you not paying attention/being negligent (ie, skid marks don't start till after the bodies cause you were changing the radio station lol), then they would most likely be at fault. Thats also assuming they weren't in a cross walk and/or didn't have any green/walk signals. Also varies from state to state too, so depends on where you live, but generally speaking, if you weren't being stupid and they walked out infront of your car and you couldn't stop in time, it'd probably be on them. Thats not to say it wouldn't be a court case or easy, but you know how that is.....

DudeMan
06-17-2009, 03:46 AM
I would say the driver is at fault.

Just like if someone pulls there car out of a parking spot out of no where and you rear end them, its your fault. Even though it was really the other assholes fault its just one of those things the driver is usually liable for anyways.

My91GTS
06-17-2009, 03:47 AM
I agree depends on state but just be careful out there. Some ppl can be really stupid but not just bc there stupid mean they deserve to die or get hurt (except some occasions lol)

Hookecho
06-17-2009, 04:34 AM
pedestrians have the right of way. they know this and for some reason become oblivious to the fact they are mortal.

if you run one over by accident than that's all it is...an accident. as long as you are with the speed limit and not driving recklessly/carelessly then all is good. poor visibilty and stupid people are a good recipe for injury.

zmile06
06-21-2009, 03:39 AM
They were just seemingly standing in the road and while we approached they decided to stare at us and walk slow like a deer almost. I was just amazed of the stupidity.

The thing is though if anyone hits a pedestrian you most likely have a lawsuit... I watch for people, but honestly who stands in the middle of street at night pouring cats and dogs.

Accident avoided, but everyone keep out for suicidal teenagers!