PDA

View Full Version : Celica-Alltrac.com sneak peak

RedRkt01
06-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Below you'll find a pic of the new site as it is being developed. There are some spelling and Celica oriented technical errors made on the part of the developer. So don't worry guys, that'll be taken care of. On the left you'll be able to search via part category and pull up everything in that category. If you were to then go over to the top and select a generation the previous list would be modified to only show the generation selected. Conversly, if one was to select a generation first all of the links on the left would be narrowed down to that generation.

There is a bunch of stuff missing, but I wanted to get this on here so you guys could see some progress.

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp80/redrkt02/Sitepic.jpg

Shadowlife25
06-09-2009, 01:02 AM
CriScO will be in love. OMG RED!!! ;)

Looks like a nice layout so far Eric. Good stuff. :bigthumbu

-Mario

Maruki-kun
06-09-2009, 01:04 AM
$2499.99 for some front sway bar end links is a bit steep, dontcha think?

(jk I know it's in the works)

RedRkt01
06-09-2009, 01:11 AM

Looks like a nice layout so far Eric. Good stuff. :bigthumbu

-Mario

Hey Mario........who's Eric? ;) lol

Shadowlife25
06-09-2009, 04:22 AM
Hey Mario........who's Eric? ;) lol

Kevin. Dammit, I spaced for a sec. :( <<<:old:

I do like the layout though. Looks simple and easy to navigate.
I would tone down the red just a hair though, as it's a very strong color.

Shadowlife25
06-09-2009, 04:30 AM
Also, just an idea, but many online storefronts for parts houses do this cool little thing where they show on the product page in green numbers how many units are currently in stock and red if the number is zero.

Makes it nice to know if you have to wait for things to get in stock from back-order.

CriScO
06-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Dude, that's almost too red for even me... :hehe:

Murgatroy
06-09-2009, 07:58 AM
I dig it.

Legacyofdan
06-09-2009, 01:34 PM
interesting, i like the layout as well, but i too agree that the red needs to be toned down a bit...but beside that great setup!

so is this why alltrac.NET is not working right now?

Mafix
06-09-2009, 01:49 PM
looks like someone didn't pay the bill...

RedRkt01
06-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Also, just an idea, but many online storefronts for parts houses do this cool little thing where they show on the product page in green numbers how many units are currently in stock and red if the number is zero.

Makes it nice to know if you have to wait for things to get in stock from back-order.

I hear you guys on the red. That actually IS toned down. You should've seen it before! The red brick is just a placeholder back fill so I think that'll go away in lieu of something else; That should also be easier on the eyes.

Mario, you're idea on stock levels is a good one. But the particular problem that I'd run into is that there are so many large items that I'd have to drop ship from a warehouse. And since they're in a warehouse I can't keep count of them. The bright side of that is that it keeps costs for both you and me down. The fee to dropship is so miniscule compared to the costs of shipping it to me, storing it, and then shipping it to you. All that overhead makes me less competitive.

I suppose I could do that with smaller items for which I have room. But another thing I intend to accomplish with this site is a personal feeling. In the "What Manufacturers Do You Want?" thread I talked about other merchants putting emphasis on their bottom line and a general lack of caring for the customer. I think that if you're on the phone with me asking for that shipping quote or asking me about availability it will show that I'm willing to spend the time to cater to your needs. I'm trying to keep you connected to me through the sale process. Of course, if the customer doesn't need it to be personal they can always just place an order without talking to me and keep it simple. And if something is on back order I fully intend to be in contact with you. I would never leave someone hanging.

grayscale
02-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Did you ever get your site up and running?

4thgenceli
02-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Did you ever get your site up and running?
Looks like it's having techincal issues :(

Connecting to celica-alltrac.com|72.47.228.218|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 502 Bad Gateway
08:35:52 ERROR 502: Bad Gateway.