PDA

View Full Version : US Postal Services...

RickyNo
06-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Hey southern neighboors, what the **** is wrong with your postal services? I know you have a large population but I hope the delivery is faster for you than international shipping...

Service(s): International Letter

Your item was accepted at 2:11 PM on May 29, 2009 in TACOMA, WA 98413. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:
- Electronic Shipping Info Received, May 29, 2009
- Acceptance, May 29, 2009, 2:11 pm, TACOMA, WA 98413

I should have paid for the fedex express shipping... damn it!
Now I wonder if they'll also lose the package...

If I had ordered it in Canada, it would have taken only 3 days...
I'm pissed!

T-spoon
06-08-2009, 06:17 PM
You do realize all international shipping takes considerably longer than domestic, yes? Well, you do now!! :hehe:

RickyNo
06-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah, but the package has not even moved from Tacoma yet... or they simply don't update the tracking page.

In the meantime, I've got to drive the GT-S like an old lady, I'm getting fuel cut... :(

DudeMan
06-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Its just something we have to deal with, takes forever for me to get parts too man.

RickyNo
06-08-2009, 09:29 PM
I could have paid for Fedex but, the shipping cost was the price of the parts I ordered and I wouldn't have saved any money at all compared to buying locally. I guess I'll just STFU and wait.

I've got a bad temper lately... trying to quit smokin' (yeah, trying) and everything bothers me... sorry guys. ;)

ChrisD
06-08-2009, 10:07 PM
USPS and Canada Post don't update their tracking near as much as Fedex / UPS. This is a service you pay for!

I generally bank on two weeks when shipping to/from the US. It's just the way it is, but at least it is cheaper. Also you'll thank yourself later when your brokerage fees are $50 less with Canada Post / USPS.

METDeath
06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Yes, the USPS system is horrible about updating tracking info. I've only actually found it useful once when they said they attempted to deliver a package to my work... on the weekend.

Nitro_Alltrac
06-09-2009, 02:57 AM
The post office seems only update when it is dropped off, maybe when it leaves its origination point and once its delivered. I wouldn't exactly call it a tracking system especially when compared with Fedex or UPS.

METDeath
06-09-2009, 03:53 AM
I have seen some updates on USPS tracking, typically after three days. Or when they do a delivery attempt or actually deliver the package.

RickyNo
06-10-2009, 06:23 PM
The tracking is really useless... guess what I found in the mailbox when I got back home last night? :)

The Captain
06-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Problem is the post office scanners are not wireless like the other big shippers. They download when they return to the office in a cradle. I was a letter carrier for 14 years.

I've mailed something in Canada to another Canada address and it took 4 days to go across town. Privatized Post sucks.

VikingJZ
06-13-2009, 07:32 AM
USPS tracking is a joke.

By the time you get the item, their online system still shows it as in transit.

I've checked a few times, and when I have the package had been at my house for two days (and I probably already opened it and used the item) before their system showed it as delivered.