PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy Fuel Pumps From High Flow Fuel Systems!

maxwedge
06-05-2009, 11:23 PM
So far I'm out $97 bucks I paid for a Walbro fuel pump from them off ebay. Called five times (got an answering machine that says they will call right back). Left several messages and got no response. E-mailed 3 different addresses, got no response... and now I'm going to miss an autocross this weekend because they never shipped the pump which was supposed to take 2-3 days. It's been over two weeks. No response from them at all. Tracking number they gave says they requested a pickup from USPS but it was never shipped. Guess I'll contact eBay and Paypal about getting refunded.

BabyBear
06-05-2009, 11:38 PM
My personal opinion, don't use a Walbro. That does suck though, I've had that crap happen to me on ebay before.

DudeMan
06-06-2009, 12:36 AM
What's wrong with the Walbro fuel pump?

Luni
06-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Theyre cheap and made like crap. Seen more of those fail than anything else out there.

I personally wouldnt go with anything other than OEM. Supra pump for me.

Nitro_Alltrac
06-06-2009, 01:30 AM
This isn't the first time I've heard people have issues with the Walbro. The Supra pumps come highly recommended from what I've seen.

Shadowlife25
06-06-2009, 05:53 AM
This isn't the first time I've heard people have issues with the Walbro. The Supra pumps come highly recommended from what I've seen.

But at over $300 they tend to make people shy away.

You can't beat OE quality though, I agree.

maxwedge
06-06-2009, 07:30 AM
I have had very good luck with several Walbro pumps in the past, which is one main reason I bought (or tried to buy anyway) another one. Walbro is a (if not the) major OEM supplier of fuel pumps and fuel systems to several auto manufacturers. I can virtually guarantee that all of you have driven something with a Walbro pump in it at one time or another. I used to work for their parent company, TI Automotive, and I know what they go through to pass through QC and QS9000 standards. I'm sure there are some bad pumps out there, but overall, I trust them to not make junk most of the time. www.walbro.com

Freshnicity
06-06-2009, 05:08 PM
same dudes sent me only the pump.

Didnt send me the butt splices and or anything else, took me a week or so and a dozen phone calls to get my proper hardware.

Cavanagh
06-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Makes you wonder how they are still in business.

vip09
06-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Don't forget that most of the Walbro pumps on ebay these days are chinese knock-offs.

VikingJZ
06-06-2009, 07:13 PM
That sucks.

I hate when these places have horrible communication like that.

OEM FTW

maxwedge
06-09-2009, 06:33 AM
Okay I did finally receive the pump today and it looks fine. Got the usual "it was back ordered" excuse, which I would have been completely okay with if he had ever bothered to return any of my emails or calls and tell me that before I went to the trouble of opening a Paypal dispute and posting all this nice info up here. Doesn't help that the USPS never updated their tracking info from the time it was tagged for pickup until it was delivered today. I guess Priority Mail is either 2-3days or maybe 11 days depending.

celica91gts
06-09-2009, 10:02 AM
glad to hear you got it at least.

Smaay
06-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Don't forget that most of the Walbro pumps on ebay these days are chinese knock-offs.

exactly. search google for the website that shows the differences.

Wicked Toys
06-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Had went through 3 pumps on my old GT, went OEM for the final.

Trac has a Supra Pump.

joe's gt
06-10-2009, 10:29 PM
My Walbro has held up fine for 4 years. :shrug:

Luni
06-11-2009, 03:05 AM
The recent failures (theyre all over the MR2 forums) might be attributed to cheap ebay knockoffs.

I have a buddy here in UT thats gone through 3 of em. Another buddy in Portland who just blew up his nice ass KO built 3S becuase his wal died on him. Pump was sold by KO, and installed by KO, and Id think KO wouldnt sell chinese knockoff crap.

I just know I wouldnt gamble a 1000+ dollar plus engine with a 100 dollar fuel pump. When I upgrade mine, it will be a supra pump purchased brand new from the toyota dealership, no questions asked.

kt
06-11-2009, 03:42 AM
(bugs)

and i bet ctech is gonna sponsor that pump as well.

joe's gt
06-11-2009, 05:18 AM
The recent failures (theyre all over the MR2 forums) might be attributed to cheap ebay knockoffs.

I have a buddy here in UT thats gone through 3 of em. Another buddy in Portland who just blew up his nice ass KO built 3S becuase his wal died on him. Pump was sold by KO, and installed by KO, and Id think KO wouldnt sell chinese knockoff crap.

I just know I wouldnt gamble a 1000+ dollar plus engine with a 100 dollar fuel pump. When I upgrade mine, it will be a supra pump purchased brand new from the toyota dealership, no questions asked.

Thanks for the tip. Seems to be a recent thing. Will have to make sure to find a trusted retailer if I ever get one again for another car.

Freshnicity
06-11-2009, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the tip. Seems to be a recent thing. Will have to make sure to find a trusted retailer if I ever get one again for another car.

buy mine

$25