PDA

View Full Version : my Gen 3 electronics and more came in the mail today

Carolina91GT-S
06-05-2009, 01:43 AM
I have a 2nd gen 3SGTE that I am rebuilding. I got it cheap but it didn't come with any wiring,sensors,ecu or anything like that so I was thinking about how to source this stuff. I came across a guy in the UK was able to sell me the following stuff for $450 US plus shiping

ST205 MAT sensor
ST205 MAP sensor
ST205 IAT sensor
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w198/Afishianado/gen3electronics112.jpg

ST205 Ignitor and coil
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w198/Afishianado/gen3electronics113.jpg

ST205 550cc injectors, fuel rail, and regulator
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w198/Afishianado/gen3electronics114.jpg

ST205 ECU
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w198/Afishianado/gen3electronics115.jpg

ST205 complete uncut engine harness
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w198/Afishianado/gen3electronics117.jpg

ST205 WTA intercooler..pump included
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w198/Afishianado/gen3electronics118.jpg

METDeath
06-05-2009, 02:09 AM
Was his car a LHD or RHD car? If it was LHD, score!

If not... well, you could always sent it to Tweak and ask him to make you a RHD one with OEM connectors and no splices/soldering.

Other than that, good deal man!

Trance4c
06-05-2009, 02:16 AM
damn, ya.. good deal, but you might just wanna use the GenII harness thats on there. Dunno, can't see it really being a difference, but since your starting with a GenII you might as well.

I have everything but an ignitor. I'll mess with it later on, see if its worth it. I think so, either way a good find for the price!

Carolina91GT-S
06-05-2009, 02:32 AM
I have no harness to start with, that is one of the reasons I asked him for the ST205 harness. It has all of the parts I need, that or I can get the others from a junkyard...ultimately all of this will be going into my 93GT-S...when it will be running like that I have no idea...could be a year

It came from a LHD...not an issue for me, I can wire anything, I'm not scared. Cars are the easiest thing I spend time dealing with. I'm no master mechanic or anything I still have a lot to learn, but there isn't anything I wouldn't try.

I felt like it was a pretty good deal, and it solves my missing parts issue and is even an upgrade I was thinking of doing for my other swap so just a cool thing to have all the tumblers fall into place.

Luni
06-05-2009, 02:46 AM
I wouldnt use the gen3 harness.

Id repin yours, or Id get a jumper harness.

Shadowlife25
06-05-2009, 02:57 AM
Just out of curiosity, what wouldn't work as far as electronics if he just starts with a gen3 harness?

Carolina91GT-S
06-05-2009, 02:58 AM
I have no Gen 2 harness to use. I am going to have to make the ST205 harness work somehow. I could make a frankenstein harness out of the thing. Use it for everything that will fit it and replace connectors/repin as required for everything else. The chassis connectors are different but I have several sets of those sitting around. and there is a U pull it nearby where I can whatever connectors I need.

I feel confident that in the end it will work out

Carolina91GT-S
06-05-2009, 02:59 AM
I agree with Mario...all of the electronics are gen 3 anyway.

For the most part the Gen 3 harness should be easier way to go...I think...but saying that I have never done it....yet

and speaking of Mario...I sent your stuff out monday morning...let me know when you get it

Shadowlife25
06-05-2009, 03:04 AM
Got it yesterday man. Thanks much!:bigthumbu

Just to clarify, I was asking about the differences, since I personally have no clue. ;)

vip09
06-05-2009, 03:08 AM
Nice! I hope everything goes smooth for you. You're going to enjoy tossing that AFM!

joe's gt
06-05-2009, 04:13 AM
Looks like you got a great build going and are doing it patiently and doing it right. If I were you, I would recommend getting it running right on the afm first and then switch over to the gen 3 electronics. Starting off with gen 3 electronics on a fresh build I think would introduce more problems than its worth.

Idk much about the mechanical part of the conversion, but if it isn't too much work, I think getting the car running right off the original afm setup to find immediate problems, and then switching over to gen 3 would be much less time consuming and much less of a rats nest. If the gen 3 electronics end up causing problems you might end up searching for mechanical problems that aren't really there. Just my opinion tho.

andy
06-05-2009, 04:43 AM
use the gen 3 harness man, just strip it and re wrap it to fit your needs.

Carolina91GT-S
06-05-2009, 04:48 AM
Looks like you got a great build going and are doing it patiently and doing it right. If I were you, I would recommend getting it running right on the afm first and then switch over to the gen 3 electronics. Starting off with gen 3 electronics on a fresh build I think would introduce more problems than its worth.

Idk much about the mechanical part of the conversion, but if it isn't too much work, I think getting the car running right off the original afm setup to find immediate problems, and then switching over to gen 3 would be much less time consuming and much less of a rats nest. If the gen 3 electronics end up causing problems you might end up searching for mechanical problems that aren't really there. Just my opinion tho.

I don't have an AFM either...essentially I only had the long block before this stuff arrived

Trance4c
06-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I have no harness to start with, that is one of the reasons I asked him for the ST205 harness.

Ya.. you totally said that, and I totally read it lol. I'm sorry, I R stupid and now myself and Luni sound like a broken record hahaha!

Good deal once again!

Luni
06-05-2009, 05:42 PM
I didnt know you didnt have a Gen2 harness.

You can make the Gen3 harness work, just a couple plug ends you gotta change, and youll have to modify the body harness too.

You should really get some gen3 cams to go in your engine prior to doing the conversion. It wont do ALOT, but it will help with the power loss youll encounter on the top end. If you have money, you should talk to Josh at CRW cause you can get a set of 256s for like 350 bones if you send in a set of cams to him to be reground.

Sang
06-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Nice pickup for only $450. And here I thought I got a good deal on my stuff for $250 with no harness or intercooler