PDA

View Full Version : looking for an old thread

Simonhla
06-02-2009, 02:36 AM
Along time ago someone posted a thread about a DIY CAI system that routed in the fender sidewall. It was not the one that went down into the bumper.

I've done oodles of searches and for the life of me can't find it. Anyone remember what I am talking about?

andy
06-02-2009, 02:43 AM
http://toyotacelicaonline.com/intake1.htm

Trance4c
06-02-2009, 02:52 AM
Oh Henry! HenryVo dude

Simonhla
06-02-2009, 03:06 AM
http://toyotacelicaonline.com/intake1.htm

Nope, that one goes to the bumper. I was looking for the one that goes into the fender.

Thanks tho.

Galcobar
06-02-2009, 04:01 AM
Nope, that one goes to the bumper. I was looking for the one that goes into the fender.

Thanks tho.

It's not much of a difference. Remember, the stock intake splits into the fender for the primary resonator. Remove the stock setup and you'll see the hole. Then it's just a matter of feeding a pipe into that hole and attaching a filter, usually via removal of the wheel well covers.

Simonhla
06-02-2009, 06:36 PM
It's not much of a difference. Remember, the stock intake splits into the fender for the primary resonator. Remove the stock setup and you'll see the hole. Then it's just a matter of feeding a pipe into that hole and attaching a filter, usually via removal of the wheel well covers.

Yeah I figured it was fairly straight forward. I was just concerned with sizes etc.

omar
06-02-2009, 07:48 PM
I was looking into routing it to the fender as well because of personal preference. Plus I have something in the way of the path of what most of the pictures show. I think it has something to do with the ABS system. In a 93 geo storm I used to own I ran an intake out to the fender area. It worked really good, but I damaged and threw away the inner plastic fender/tub and the filter was always getting dirty, especially after it rained. I ended up buying a metal heat shield that APC used to sell. It helped out a lot on keeping the filter clean. But this time around I will keep the inner tub/fender so that I can keep the filter clean.

Simonhla
06-03-2009, 04:28 AM
I am looking at getting one aluminium straight pipe 2.5" and two 2.5" rubber elbows w/clamps. At the end of it all a k&N cone filter. In terms of sizes does this all sound good and proper? I want to make sure before I order anything.

On another note i need to drill a hole in the pipe for the intake temp sensor, what size and kind of drill bit (or hole) do i need for this if I am using the rubber grommet from the stock air box.

Finally.....is there a limitation on the size of the cone filter I can or should use?

Sorry for all the questions but I work a ton and have little time for trial and error. It has to be a one stop shop to the store...