PDA

View Full Version : What Manufacturers Do You Want?

RedRkt01
06-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Fellas, when I started trying to modify my Celica in 1997 I didn't have a place that I could count on that knew Celicas like I did. The places I did business with just didn't give a shit. It was always about making a buck for them. And none of the websites were comprehensive in their support for my car. So it was really a lose lose situation when it came to finding parts and then buying them from someone who was interested in what they would do for me.

To this day I think that problem still exists to some level. I want to change that. That is why I started a company to deal parts. I want to be a one stop shop for all parts Celica. And it is my intention to only serve Celicas. That is what Celica-Alltrac.com is all about. You won't see parts for any other cars there. Not even MR2s or Supras. Sure, I deal some major brands but you won't see me listing those brands for anything but Celicas. Celica-Alltrac.com is meant to be your interface with a member of the community that genuinely wants to help you. I am a new vendor on Celicatech, but remember that I have been a regular member like you for much longer.

With that in mind I am going to try and price every product I have as low as I can. But first I need to gather those products. Since this is the one stop shop for Celicas I'm going to need you guys to tell me what you want me to sell. Go ahead and start naming brands. It'll give me a list of dealership agreements to pursue. I could do this on my own, but at this stage I don't know every brand that covers products for every generation. That is why I need you. And this is really the only way that I can fulfill this symbiotic mission of supporting every generation as thoroughly as possible.

That said, let the list grow:

RedRkt01
06-02-2009, 02:16 AM
These are the companys that I already have agreements with:

Whiteline Flatout
Whiteline Plus
Drummond Motor Sport Suspensions
Go Fast Bits
Baer Brakes
Koni
Eibach
Suspension Techniques
Bilstein
Tokico
Power Slot
KVR
Addco
KYB
B&G Springs
KW Suspensions
OBX Racing Sports
Aeroform
H&R Springs
Wilwood Brakes
Stillen
Megan Racing
TWM

Ricksta
06-02-2009, 02:29 AM
its nice to see someone with such dedication to the celica family. i once had the same glare in my eye untill some punk kid ran a red light and destroyed my beautiful gts. for starters i think it would pretty great if you were able to offer a complete selection of oem parts at a good price.

the dirtbike site i frequent has its own online aftermarket and oem store and when i buy in bulk of the oem stuff i def save a lot of money through them. just something to think about.

also i cant even begin to tell you how much i spent on aftermarket parts. if someone were to offer them at a reasonable price i think this site would have a little more then just daily drivers on it.

hks cams, top feed/side feed injectors, fuel pumps, you name it....sell it!

KoreanJoey
06-02-2009, 06:29 AM
Rota?

METDeath
06-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Tein?

And Rick, there are Toyota Dealerships that are selling parts below retail already via websites.

RedRkt01
06-02-2009, 01:35 PM
TIEN is in the works.
Rota is one I'll have to look into.
Selling OEM parts is something I could pull off, but is not something I'm allowed to do.

grayscale
06-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Ground Control
ARP
Any bodykit/body part manufacturer, like your new fender/bumper supplier, particularly the ones that people can't seem to find anymore but no one seems to know if they are still around or not. I can't think of any of them off the top of my head though. Onederground?Aeromagic? Maybe VIS too.

Cavanagh
06-02-2009, 08:15 PM
You have a good list of suppliers going already, congrats!
BUT is there anyway these deals work for MRs's too or just Celicas?
Anyways, good job! Keep up the good work.

METDeath
06-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Oh, +1 for ground control.

As for OEM I wouldn't bother, since the dealerships can undercut your pricing anyway...

RedRkt01
06-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Oh, +1 for ground control.

As for OEM I wouldn't bother, since the dealerships can undercut your pricing anyway...

Yeah, I have asked GC and they said they are game. The only problem is they want me to order 10 units right off the bat to get in as a dealer. At ~$400 a set I really can't see that happening. I'd do it if I knew I was going to sell that many and recoup the cost.

As far as OEM goes..........I can actually undercut the dealers. But to do that I would have to put all of my personal projects in jeopardy. I won't do that. There are ways to get around that, but I think it's risky. Dealers don't like being undercut.

Cav, I'm not going to expand into MR2s just yet. And Celica-Alltrac.com will always remain a dedicated Celica site. But I do plan on expanding in the future with other sites should this one work out (by that time I'll be quiting my day job.......if we're all that lucky). It does make sense since MR2s share some of the same engines. What I can do for you (since you seem to confused as to what to drive) is deal to you on a case by case basis. Come to me with a list of what you want and I'll price it out for you; Don't come to me with questions about what I can get you because, as you can already see, the list is getting pretty long. In short, the only work I should have to do is look up the part number in my price sheets and send a quote back to you.

METDeath
06-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Well, I'm looking to be buying a set of Ground Controls eventually (probably before next April). If you can get 9 other guys to commit, we can take care of that for you. Not sure on my spring rates though... I may get some stupidly stiff springs (ie 450 front 300 rear) or something slightly softer since it's still a daily driver.

grayscale
06-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I have asked GC and they said they are game. The only problem is they want me to order 10 units right off the bat to get in as a dealer. At ~$400 a set I really can't see that happening. I'd do it if I knew I was going to sell that many and recoup the cost.

Well, I'm looking to be buying a set of Ground Controls eventually (probably before next April). If you can get 9 other guys to commit, we can take care of that for you...
Hence you should open a thread for a group buy on them! :bigthumbu

METDeath
06-03-2009, 05:20 PM
^Why me? I don't have any pricing on the things... Plus I won't be able to commit to such a purchase for at least three months.

RedRkt01
06-03-2009, 05:23 PM
^Why me? I don't have any pricing on the things... Plus I won't be able to commit to such a purchase for at least three months.

He meant me. I should do the group buy to get me started.

METDeath
06-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Ah, quite right. Reading comprehension > me... this time.

However, I am squirreling away funds for when you do. I should probably pester KoreanJoey for spring rate info, since he also has a coupe, and a ton more experience with suspension bits.

RedRkt01
06-03-2009, 09:55 PM
I should probably pester KoreanJoey for spring rate info, since he also has a coupe, and a ton more experience with suspension bits.

That'd be a good idea.

andy
06-04-2009, 04:07 AM
can you get me the megan racing exhaust for a ae86 ? drift spec!

Cavanagh
06-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Cav, I'm not going to expand into MR2s just yet. And Celica-Alltrac.com will always remain a dedicated Celica site. But I do plan on expanding in the future with other sites should this one work out (by that time I'll be quiting my day job.......if we're all that lucky). It does make sense since MR2s share some of the same engines. What I can do for you (since you seem to confused as to what to drive) is deal to you on a case by case basis. Come to me with a list of what you want and I'll price it out for you; Don't come to me with questions about what I can get you because, as you can already see, the list is getting pretty long. In short, the only work I should have to do is look up the part number in my price sheets and send a quote back to you.
Sounds good! Thanks!

RedRkt01
06-04-2009, 07:26 PM
can you get me the megan racing exhaust for a ae86 ? drift spec!

PM sent!

Žusty
06-04-2009, 10:11 PM
how about C one?

and im sure the guys over on 6gc.net could be interested

KoreanJoey
06-05-2009, 06:15 AM
Talk to rota yet? :)

RedRkt01
06-05-2009, 02:07 PM

Haven't heard back yet. Which ones are you looking at so I know?

Mafix
06-05-2009, 02:22 PM
kaaz, quaife, lucas, borg warner, str (canada), bullseye, tial, hks, toda
just to name a few!

Lonestag
06-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I think if you could get some cams made, you could probably move them.

Cams are the best power for our money for all us N/A guys, but a lot of us are probably intimidated by the fact that we don't know enough about profiles to make a good decision. Given that there are not too many shops that make cams for our celies (i'm thinking 4th-6th gens here), if you could get a good deal on a couple of select profiles for the 5S and 3SGE, that would be dope.

Just a thought.

Didn't list a manufacturer B/C I don't know any.

RedRkt01
06-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Well the G heads are covered by TODA, HKS, and Greddy (IIRC) so I think the 3SG crowd will be okay. I have talked to TODA before and there is no way I could afford them....not even if I were doing this full time and quit my dayjob would I be able to justify the expense. HKS is in the works.

As far as the 5S crowd goes I think the market is too limited to contract with somebody to have that done. By the time I contract to have a bunch of stock cams reground and mark the price up to cover my costs we are already a decent percentage into the total cost of moving up to a 3SG. Even if someone wanted to keep the 2.2L block they'd still have the option of upgrading to a G head and using the aforementioned manufacturers.

Just my thoughts......

Mafix
06-05-2009, 03:51 PM
you can try webcams but everything you have done by them will need to be tripple checked. they do good work but not quite to the specs you supply. and they have no consistancy.

METDeath
06-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Oh, STRI Gauges would be nice

Lonestag
06-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Well the G heads are covered by TODA, HKS, and Greddy (IIRC) so I think the 3SG crowd will be okay. I have talked to TODA before and there is no way I could afford them....not even if I were doing this full time and quit my dayjob would I be able to justify the expense. HKS is in the works.

I guess I didn't know that. I know you are a man of many 4th gens, could you maybe reccomend a manufacturer and profile for my 1st gen 3SGE? I would just like to grab some extra HP while sticking to pump gas and at least some drivability.

As far as the 5S crowd goes I think the market is too limited to contract with somebody to have that done. By the time I contract to have a bunch of stock cams reground and mark the price up to cover my costs we are already a decent percentage into the total cost of moving up to a 3SG. Even if someone wanted to keep the 2.2L block they'd still have the option of upgrading to a G head and using the aforementioned manufacturers.

Just my thoughts......

Well, I could argue that there are a lot of us that just arn't that interested in going to a 3SGTE, and the 5SGE just hasn't been done that many times (though I would REALLY like to). I think if you stocked maybe two preground cam specs (sort of a stage one/stage two idea maybe) you could probably move them. I think that there are a fair number of people who are willing to drop +$500 for that extra 15-20WHP.

I guess I really shouldn't be trying to convince you seeing that you probably have put a lot more thought into this then I, but I would really like to see sombody stock cams for the 5S...

I'm sure there are some camry peeps out there who might also jump on some decent cams.

Either way, I'm excited about what you are doing, I hope it works out!

RedRkt01
06-05-2009, 05:21 PM
I guess I didn't know that. I know you are a man of many 4th gens, could you maybe reccomend a manufacturer and profile for my 1st gen 3SGE? I would just like to grab some extra HP while sticking to pump gas and at least some drivability.

Well, I could argue that there are a lot of us that just arn't that interested in going to a 3SGTE, and the 5SGE just hasn't been done that many times (though I would REALLY like to). I think if you stocked maybe two preground cam specs (sort of a stage one/stage two idea maybe) you could probably move them. I think that there are a fair number of people who are willing to drop +$500 for that extra 15-20WHP.

I guess I really shouldn't be trying to convince you seeing that you probably have put a lot more thought into this then I, but I would really like to see sombody stock cams for the 5S...

I'm sure there are some camry peeps out there who might also jump on some decent cams.

Either way, I'm excited about what you are doing, I hope it works out!

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate that. I'll try to accomodate F head cams at a later date. After I have a good amount of capital to work with I'll venture out into some more unorthodox ideas like this one. Though, in principle, I really discourage spending money that way. It's just a reaction I have having been an F head driver in the past.

And just FYI, the 5SGE thing has been done more than you think. It is pretty succesful. Check out xeazy2001x on MR2OC.com; He is running the 5S with a 3rd Gen 3SGE head. I think there are a bunch of MR2 guys that are doing it as we speak.

I'll figure out what to do with your GTS. Lemme get back to you.

-Red Rocket

Žusty
06-18-2009, 09:11 AM
how about kelford cams they do all gen of 3sge/gte, a NZ performance mag did an expriement on cams using a subrau, using some brand 272 degree cams then compared them to 272degree kelford cams (both lift was the same). the difference was +15kw, and the kelford cams still had room to improve.

rev_head
06-18-2009, 04:23 PM
cusco? they have some good stuff

RedRkt01
06-18-2009, 04:39 PM
I have to make an initial order of about 10 items to get in as a dealer. So I'm working on that. I just have to see what people want. If there is enough interest I might even be able to line 10 people up right there and secure the inital order with RRP&D pricing.

autogunner
07-11-2009, 03:57 AM
im thinking wheels, bbs, oz racing?

KoreanJoey
07-11-2009, 05:24 AM

:)

RedRkt01
07-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Sorry mate.......I haven't. So much to do, so little time. I'll get to it; Perhaps not as fast as you'd like, but I'll get to it.

ChrisD
07-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Want to make a killing? Here's my tips.

Define and standardize some upgrade paths for people, specific to Celica engines. You could also allow a bit of manipulation for some people that already have a peice of those kits, or allow them choice of different brands +/- the $$. That would be cool.

For example on the 3sgte

Red Rocket Engine Stage 1
Intake, exhaust, plugs, wires, boost controller, boost gauge, bov. Include a full instructions kit.

Red Rocket Stage 2
Fuel pump, intercooler upgrade, EGT gauge, oil pressure gauge.

Red Rocket Stage 3
MHG, turbo upgrade, water injection, ARP head studs, clutch, flywheel.

Red Rocket Stage 4
Standalone EMS or an ATS ROM upgrade, fuel injectors, fuel rail, adjustable FPR, bigger turbo upgrades.

Obviously you'd have to allow some flexibility...but if you think about it that way, it will help you identify which brands you should carry.

Similar kits for handling and braking would be cool too. Even audio...things like the midbass subs are a pain to find that fit.

RedRkt01
07-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Thanks Chris. As I get away from the brakes/suspension side of things and move more towards engines I'll definately offer something along these lines. However, the nature of my activities has largely been where the rubber meets the road and I don't have a huge engine lineup; This will change and when it does you'll see something similar to your suggestion.

Mafix
07-14-2009, 12:32 AM
KAAZ! i'm in for a unit. lol.

alexgt4514
08-05-2009, 05:30 AM
me what i would like to buy is some TRD parts from jpn , C-one parts , Jspeed and the last i think is VERY important for evry one , Samco .
They are the best from my opinion , but the hardest to find too i think

RedRkt01
08-05-2009, 02:19 PM
TRD Parts are very hard to source. I have talked with TRD at length about this and there is a hefty mechanism in place to keep TRD Japan parts from coming into the US. C-One, J-Speed, and Samco are doable.

KoreanJoey
08-06-2009, 07:34 AM
*cough*

alexgt4514
08-25-2009, 04:46 AM
any news ?

RedRkt01
08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Is the purpose of your question to find out if you can get parts through me that you can't elsewhere? Or do you simply want to see if I can provide them for cheaper than you have found so far?

METDeath
08-26-2009, 05:00 PM
I think it's more of a "When will you be having group buys to get into the 10 item vendor list?" Stuff like... oh say Ground Control? :lolhittin