PDA

View Full Version : my weekend project

CoolHand1134
05-25-2009, 01:33 AM
so this weekend i wanted to quiet the car down some and get rid of some road noise and make the stereo sound better, so what i did was order up 30sq feet of sound deading matting and covered the trunk and my doors! it made a huge differance in road niose! :bigthumbu

was thinking about doing the floors too but that might be over kill

the work is on page 3
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3321371

DudeMan
05-26-2009, 01:16 AM
I never saw myself putting sound deadening in a car but now that you mention that I think I might. That's always been one of my few griefs with 5th gen Celica's, there's so much road noise.

How much did it cost you?

CPincy
05-26-2009, 03:34 AM
my whole celica is covered as well even the floors

tuner4life
05-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Nice, I am getting ready to do this (only with cheaper sound deadening). looks great!

BTW: what's up with your door speaker mountings? where are they from?

CoolHand1134
05-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I never saw myself putting sound deadening in a car but now that you mention that I think I might. That's always been one of my few griefs with 5th gen Celica's, there's so much road noise.

How much did it cost you?

for all the matting cost less than $120 i picked it up from a small shop around me, i did some shopping around to find the best price

CoolHand1134
05-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Nice, I am getting ready to do this (only with cheaper sound deadening). looks great!

BTW: what's up with your door speaker mountings? where are they from?

they speaker housings are the start to my fake 10 system, they are made from MDF same stuff as most sub boxes.

Simonhla
05-26-2009, 09:16 PM
I did this late last year with some Raam Mat. Great stuff. Covered all the floors and the trunk. Haven't done the doors yet which was a mistake because they are clearly letting in tons of noise. Am going to get around to that very soon.

Added some weight...maybe 50 to 70lbs....to do the whole car...which a lot of people aren't going to like but for a daily driver who really cares. I don't race it, it's cruiser. If it really bothers you, you can offset it by putting a lighter header on and a light weight battery. Racing seats too. At that point you are lighter and quieter.

CoolHand1134
05-27-2009, 01:19 PM
I did this late last year with some Raam Mat. Great stuff. Covered all the floors and the trunk. Haven't done the doors yet which was a mistake because they are clearly letting in tons of noise. Am going to get around to that very soon.

Added some weight...maybe 50 to 70lbs....to do the whole car...which a lot of people aren't going to like but for a daily driver who really cares. I don't race it, it's cruiser. If it really bothers you, you can offset it by putting a lighter header on and a light weight battery. Racing seats too. At that point you are lighter and quieter.

the doors were my biggest problem i could hear eveything! but now its sooo quiet! like you my celica is a daily driver so i just did it for me i dont really care about the weight factor just that i dont hear the road as i am driving down it