PDA

View Full Version : can we get a west-coast dragon like meet going?

tekstep01
05-25-2009, 12:33 AM
i have the best place.... angeles crest... hwy 2..... best road, campings 12$ a nite, close to la....
whats up? anyone down?

ChrisD
05-25-2009, 08:05 PM
CTech is sponsoring the Run of the Ogopogo - Vernon, BC Aug 7,8,9 (http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40540).

Easily accessible for NW folks.

:)

importrcr13
05-25-2009, 08:11 PM
i have the best place.... angeles crest... hwy 2..... best road, campings 12$ a nite, close to la....
whats up? anyone down?

I'm down! The dragon is just TOOOO damn far for me... A west coast meet would be SICK!

Everythings better in the West side! :-P j/k

Anywho i'm good for that i'll check into the other one too!

My91GTS
05-25-2009, 08:37 PM
i guess it can happen specially if close to LA :P

importrcr13
05-25-2009, 10:03 PM
We need something that isn't too busy yet has a lot of fun curves and such... probably going to be more in the la jolla area maybe?

92st184
05-26-2009, 07:20 AM
there is GMR, there is also Mulholland drive. lots of twisties, and all near LA. there is also highway 138 near I-15. i would be up for this. there was a meet a while back in irvine that i could not attend and would like to attend another celica meet here in so cal.

Freshnicity
05-26-2009, 08:29 PM
im about 7 hours from LA.

If i can get my car stable(blah) ill deffinatley come.

ST185
05-27-2009, 05:15 AM
yeah same here i'm like 6 hours from LA. I live all the way up in Sacramento

Trance4c
05-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Why don't you guys plan something?

Sounds like there is interest and people, even if Ogopogo is too far, there are a few of you farther south from the sounds of it.

Murgatroy
05-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Creating an event takes a bit of work and dedication. Just because you create it, doesn't mean folks will show. However, if you stay determined and find something to set it apart and make it worthwhile, folks will show.

A lot of events consist of folks showing up, looking at cars, talking, eating and then going home. Then there are the events that involve driving.

First, decide which kind of event you are going to have. Where it will be. Who is the organizer and coordinator for it.

After you have decided what kind of event it is and where it will be held, set a date that is convenient for the attendees. This can be done through a planning process or just picking a date and hoping it works.

After you have an event planned you need to promote it, bump the thread, cross post it on other related forums or local forums.

It takes some dedication as well. Even if you have a low turn-out, try it again the next year and so on.

The key is to offer something that not everyone else offers, make it interesting.

tekstep01
05-30-2009, 06:46 PM
sounds like a good start, and the 2 (angles crest highway) is one of the most challenging roads in Cali Rated at a difficulty level of 12... the lower ladybug and upper ladybug are two back to back 280* turns! making one sick S, closest thing to mt. touge here in the usa!
SEE www.lateralg.com
http://www.lateralg.org/roads/orange/foot1.htm
for crest highway info or youtube it!
im telln ya! its worthy of a dragon-like-run! (uphill from La cresenta to Writewood and back!!! bout 50miles round) then theres the camping! rite there!
plus you guys can come to my house and help me get rid of all these 4th gen parts i got. and they are almost all for free too!!!!!!! yeeeeeah!!!!

i wanna see your cars! and in return you get to see my stripped out bald tyre wearing, ff drift mobile! ha-ha!

keep the idea alive... and lets have a poll for a date/time! and i will start working the idea through the homie who works USFS, on the crest for the permit.... witch i dont think we really need if we meet-up, at the bar by chilaeo, where car/motorcycle meets and runs are the norm!!!!!

sounds like a plan pinky! (NARF! Brain? what are we were gonna do?) why take over the world of course pinky! :lolhittin

tekstep01
05-30-2009, 07:10 PM
so im gonna post for a roll-call for a SOUTH-WEST chapter meet....
i will organize the posts,dates,bumps,cross-posting. if anyone wants to help say so on the roll-call!