PDA

View Full Version : NMA ranks your cops

VikingJZ
05-22-2009, 07:02 AM
http://www.motorists.org/rankings/

The National Motorist Association ranked the states that are most hostile to drivers as far as traffic stops go.

Agree with your states results?

tuner4life
05-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I have a hard time believing that Indiana cops are ranked 43/50. I guess they are not "hostile", just annoying and generally assholes.

Luni
05-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Utah cops are dicks too.

I disagree with findings.

VikingJZ
05-22-2009, 04:27 PM
I have a hard time believing that Indiana cops are ranked 43/50. I guess they are not "hostile", just annoying and generally assholes.

x2

Notice how on the way to the Dragon we couldn't wait to get OUT of Indiana.

Grot
05-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Tennessee is pretty bad, 13 hounds a bit too high tho.

Georgia should be above us

importrcr13
05-22-2009, 04:44 PM
1) New Jersey - ROFL they have like what 7 cops in their whole state?

VikingJZ
05-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Tennessee is pretty bad, 13 hounds a bit too high tho.

See I think thats kind of odd. I think most of us will bitch about our own state. Driving through TN on trips I find I can usually haul ass. Georgia slightly less, but still much faster than here.

Florida though, Jesus. On my way to Ft. Lauderdale in March I was driving SLOW at 90. People were flying by me left and right doing well over 100.

Freshnicity
05-23-2009, 07:53 AM
wow @ CA being 14.

Better change that to like 3

Chris
05-23-2009, 07:58 AM
38? I need to talk to some of the guys at the SO and step it up! :lupi:

Lonestag
05-23-2009, 08:08 AM
I think 28 for WV is about right.

There arn't too many assholes out here,
Some, but not a shit-ton

Nitro_Alltrac
05-23-2009, 02:01 PM
^Most of the issues here aren't with the state troopers or so much with the counties, it the damn cities that have annexed sections of the interstate or other four lane highways and use it heavy for revenue enhancement. That bugs the hell out of me.

cbarett251
05-23-2009, 04:40 PM
^Most of the issues here aren't with the state troopers or so much with the counties, it the damn cities that have annexed sections of the interstate or other four lane highways and use it heavy for revenue enhancement. That bugs the hell out of me.
I agree with Nitro on this. The problem is definitely the city cops. I would probably put LA on the top of that list. My local cops like to put speed traps around my neighborhood. They were doing it before they even annexed it, which is illegal according to city and state code. Unfortunately nobody has the balls to argue with them about it. I like the police until they start abusing their authority. If they want to enforce the law they should follow it as well.

Maruki-kun
05-23-2009, 05:24 PM
I agree with my state being the #3. I just got ANOTHER ticket for being 3 inches over the yellow curb line.

RedRkt01
05-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Looking at the criteria I'd say that Missouri is right where it should be; #27. However, I do have to voice opposition to the last criterion; Cell phone bans are beneficial to all motorists. That includes the cell phone users. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to percieve the degradation of driving skill while witnessing the use of a cell phone. Cell phones are convenient to have and a great tool, but taking that tool away during the drive is not antgonistic of the State and should not be percived as hostile. If you like being connected on the drive home get a hands free system.

T-spoon
05-24-2009, 12:59 AM
Looking at the criteria I'd say that Missouri is right where it should be; #27. However, I do have to voice opposition to the last criterion; Cell phone bans are beneficial to all motorists. That includes the cell phone users. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to percieve the degradation of driving skill while witnessing the use of a cell phone. Cell phones are convenient to have and a great tool, but taking that tool away during the drive is not antgonistic of the State and should not be percived as hostile. If you like being connected on the drive home get a hands free system.

I agree, and the same goes for things like requiring a seat belt for the driver.

joe's gt
05-24-2009, 04:41 AM
California all the way down at number 14 makes me laugh.

Grot
05-24-2009, 05:46 AM
See I think thats kind of odd. I think most of us will bitch about our own state. Driving through TN on trips I find I can usually haul ass. Georgia slightly less, but still much faster than here.

HP is fairly forgiving. Usually drive beside you and tell you to slow it down.
City and county are completely different. They get you for every moving violation they can.

Apperently its ok for undercover cars to weave through traffic but as soon as you follow them in their weaving it suddenly became a bad thing. and they ride your ass the rest of your trip looking for something to pull you over for.

My91GTS
05-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Dam i guess im lucky that cops haven't gotten me when I passed a red light in front of the cop. but then again i do park half of my car in red some times and cops come down the street in Long Beach like crazy specially my street the 2 years ive lived here 3 ppl killed just down the street and ppl shot at all the time so i guess they dont care about my car halfway in red. and ppl gotta stop having 3 cars per person gezzz they take all the parking.

Hookecho
05-24-2009, 09:13 AM
i usually only ticket drivers for running stop signs, redlights, speeding and careless/reckless driver. all the other bullshit traffic violations like broken tailights, no turn signal, bla bla bla, i only use that for probable cause when i know someones up to no good. i don't write bullshit tickets, and i refuse to ticket military and elderly people.

Hookecho
05-24-2009, 09:16 AM
c-tech members get a free pass too!

CriScO
05-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Shh! Everyone be quiet, there's one of them in here! :hehe:

CriScO
05-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Tennessee is pretty bad, 13 sounds a bit too high tho.

Tell that to Murgy. :hehe:

Slider
05-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Damn Illinois is up there. The bullshit stops I gotta give to the suburb cops. But I'm not complaining it's revenue for them. Gotta pay to play. Tints are illegal in the front and front plate is required, so I don't whine about that. Chicago cops though they can be down right dirty sometimes. For example taking a key to the tints so you remove them. Better yet there was this kid peeling out from stop signs, the cop pulled him over made him get out of the car, popped the trunk, locked the doors and threw his keys in there. That was actually pretty funny though.

zmile06
05-25-2009, 06:21 AM
Haha i have to agree with #2 ohio. We don't convict enough criminals but we defiantly give out enough tickets. But it really varies by city... Vandalia, OH. The cops are a bunch of corn eating ticket pigs. They give no warnings, no sympathy, and from what I've noticed they don't even know what there doing.

Highway patrol is also huge in ohio, I'm so tired of seeing them on the highway. There cars are some times a mile apart. Ohio cops also love no front license plate... They will pull you over every time for that.

VikingJZ
05-25-2009, 07:29 AM
i usually only ticket drivers for running stop signs, redlights, speeding and careless/reckless driver. all the other bullshit traffic violations like broken tailights, no turn signal, bla bla bla, i only use that for probable cause when i know someones up to no good. i don't write bullshit tickets, and i refuse to ticket military and elderly people.

That's how my dad was. Obviously a blatant red light/ stop sign miss is ground for it. Same with high speeds.

Military members deserve a break. Old folks a lot of times yes, but I feel they can be more dangerous some times than others.

Lack of using a turn signal absolutely bugs the piss out of me. I don't know why; maybe just the fact that its such a simple maneuver.

I could make the state millions for turn signal usage...lol

Better yet there was this kid peeling out from stop signs, the cop pulled him over made him get out of the car, popped the trunk, locked the doors and threw his keys in there. That was actually pretty funny though.

Not gonna lie, that's pretty funny. I'm sure in a huge city that can be overlooked.

In my town or a dinky town similar, he/she wouldn't be a cop anymore.

The Captain
05-25-2009, 01:30 PM

NJ has the most populated state per square mile. 100 people per. I grew up there. They have state, county, city and township police departments. It's ridiculous.

tuner4life
05-26-2009, 01:19 PM
And evidently they are all assholes.

lalojamesliz
05-26-2009, 03:09 PM
i feel the LAPD (in the north atwater) in california are a bunch of A-holes. especially the detectives. all they do is abuse the power of the badge.

Simonhla
05-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Damn Illinois is up there. The bullshit stops I gotta give to the suburb cops. But I'm not complaining it's revenue for them. Gotta pay to play. Tints are illegal in the front and front plate is required, so I don't whine about that. Chicago cops though they can be down right dirty sometimes. For example taking a key to the tints so you remove them. Better yet there was this kid peeling out from stop signs, the cop pulled him over made him get out of the car, popped the trunk, locked the doors and threw his keys in there. That was actually pretty funny though.

Another Chicago member yey!

We should meet up so that you can fix my car up ! :bowdown:

Chicago cops are fairly picky. I don't have any tints but have been considering getting them...i'll have to be ultra conservative though.

Lake Shore Drive is the epicenter of speed traps. The speed limit is 40mph even though it's a 4 lane road. You can get away with anything up to about 60. That said I got a ticket for going 59mph on NEW YEAR"S DAY! as I was the only person on the road (I had to work boo hoo) and the cop was just looking for a easy target.

Had to do an almost pointless traffic course to stop it being reported to my insurance.

Legacyofdan
05-26-2009, 10:43 PM

i have driven through that state enough times to know that the cops there would make the Gestapo very proud. i generally have a fun time counting how many people are pulled over...i have almost always gotten past single digit numbers(ie greater than 10)...no bullshit.

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
05-30-2009, 01:48 AM
Hah this is funny. I have a cousin who recently moved down here from NJ and before he was aloud to move down here to FL he had to appear in court because he got stopped by the same cop twice in the same week because there were 5 people in the car, 5 seats but only 4 seatbelts. Teh gheynus.