View Full Version : Easy answer but I have a question..

05-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Where is the PCV valve located at on a 2.2L 92 GT

05-20-2009, 01:10 AM
It goes from the valve cover to the throttle body.

It's just a molded rubber hose, not a valve.

For the newer 5sfe 2.2 which you *may* have, it is a valve with a grommet on it that goes directly into the valve cover. It should be to the left hand (driver) side.

05-20-2009, 01:11 AM
So right side near the back?

05-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Gimme 5 minutes, I'll go take a quick picture to show you. brb

05-20-2009, 01:16 AM
aight thanks a lot.


05-20-2009, 01:24 AM
here you go:

05-20-2009, 01:26 AM

It's still daylight there!!!

Thanks a lot!

Totally woulda guessed the wrong one..

05-20-2009, 01:31 AM
Well, it's also 8:30pm for you. ;)

Glad I could help.

05-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Is the hose supposed to come off from the valve cover?

Or not?

...cuz mine isn't

05-20-2009, 01:34 AM
That's the PCV hose. If, as shadow mentioned, you have the newer 5SFE, you will also have a connection to the throttle body more or less from the middle of the valve cover to the throttle body.

The BGB doesn't really have a good diagram of the location, but this gives you the idea of how there may be two connections depending upon your revision.


05-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Is the hose supposed to come off from the valve cover?

Or not?

...cuz mine isn't

The hose comes off a connection on the driver-side end of the valve cover. The valve is on the top of the valve cover, in the middle towards the throttle body.

05-20-2009, 01:36 AM
If you have a revision 1 5sfe, then yes.

If you have a revision 2 5sfe, then you will have a "valve" that goes into the top of the valve cover on the bank (side) closest to the throttle body.

05-20-2009, 01:37 AM
how can i tell which I have?

05-20-2009, 01:39 AM
I thought I would also mention, that if yours is a revision 2 5sfe, the rubber grommet that holds the valve in place likes to get brittle and break off.

If it does, you will need to remove the valve cover and retrieve the pieces.

05-20-2009, 01:40 AM
If you have a rev 1, it will look exactly like mine, with the pipe coming out from the side of the valve cover.

If you have a rev 2, it will come off the top. Regardless, you should have a section of tubing linking the two areas.

05-20-2009, 01:45 AM
ok I have one just like yours shadow... so I SHOULD be able to pull it off, right??

05-20-2009, 01:49 AM

If it happens to break just use a suitable size line from the parts store.

05-20-2009, 01:52 AM
I'm just gonna cut it off... it's NOT budging. :-(

05-20-2009, 02:00 AM
Take a set of pliers and rotate the hose end where it connects to break it loose, then use a screwdriver (standard) to push it off.

05-20-2009, 02:04 AM
I had to cut it... it wasn't coming off with the plier screwdriver method

05-20-2009, 07:08 AM
You could use a razor blade to get the remaining chunks off of the pipe if they're sticking on.

05-20-2009, 01:17 PM
1992 should be a rev 2 shouldn't it?

05-20-2009, 08:07 PM

05-20-2009, 08:55 PM
I provided answers for either option. Since he said that his is identical to mine (rev 1), my guess is that his car is a late 1991 hold-over that was sold as a 1992.