PDA

View Full Version : Seat belts.

Ryan
05-17-2009, 07:01 AM
I have been contemplating getting some new seats.

My reasoning is this...

My seats are stained, and the drivers side seat has a tear in the bolster, and the foam is worn down badly.

My first idea was to get new seat skins, but the foam being worn down kinda shoots that idea down. Also, the skins are expensive.

Because of this, I have more or less decided to buy some racing seats until I find a nice set of leather seats, or get sick of the racing seats.

I plan on getting 2 of them so I have matching seats in the front.

My question is this.. Can I retain my factory seatbelts? Is there a placeon the racing seats to put the buckle?

Or will I have to buy harnesses?

The seats that I found look similar to 7th gen seats, so they arent too gaudy or anything. And I think having harnesses would be kind of flashy, and I want my car to be kind of low key...

Thanks in advance.

k.beaty
05-17-2009, 06:50 PM
I have my stock seatbelt with my sparco, and a few of my buddies have stock seatbelts with some of their racing seats.

Heres a pic for refrence
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp343/kbeaty47/IMG_2063.jpg

The part that the seat belt plugs into doesnt come up through the other hole, i have to go over top of the seat. It can be a little bit of a pain sometimes but its not bad.

Ryan
05-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Does the buckle part of it attach to the seat or what?

Thanks for the info beaty!

How do you like your seat?

I am looking at some reclining ones. Is yours comfortable?

k.beaty
05-17-2009, 07:59 PM
i just welded the buckle part to the seat bracket. haha, kind of hack, but it works, and it holds me in good.

I LOVE my seat, if you wear anything bigger than probably a 34" waist in pants, you might not fit very well. For me (size 32" waist) I fit perfectly. Mine is the Sparco Sprint JR. and it is a fixed back. It also doesnt slide back and fourth, its in that spot for good haha. I took a bunch of measurements and went to town welding and i fit perfectly!!!

Ryan
05-17-2009, 08:35 PM
well i might be able to figure something out..lol. The ones im looking at also slide...lol.

Thanks for all the info bro.

k.beaty
05-17-2009, 10:46 PM
no problem dude.

85gtsblackman
05-18-2009, 08:56 AM
just use air jordan skins like i did

just go get a good seat out the yard or 7th gen seats