PDA

View Full Version : Trying to determine price

ciento44
05-15-2009, 05:01 PM
This is not a for sale thread, not a feeler thread, nothing of the sort. I'm just trying to set a price on my car.

We're looking for a new place, and it's starting to look like there's a chance that i'll be in an apartment again. Possibly no garage. If the garage doesn't come with the unit, i'm not real keen on paying another $100 a month or whatever ass rapage most complexes pay for additional parking around here.

In the case that i cannot find a garage to store and work on my car, i'm selling it. I will do everything in my power to make sure this doesn't happen, but it is a possibility.

I'm not going to buy another set of tires to store it on outside, i'm not going to have it sit there for months and get threatened with towing or any of that bs. I don't want it stored outside, period. I'm not going to put it in a garage in an apartment complex that won't let me work on it when i want, and do what i want to it.

Sooo.... local-ish guys (Aaron, Ryan, etc, you know who you are), either find me a place within reasonable driving distance (any of you have a barn, cough cough) that i can keep my car at through the winter at a nominal fee, or everyone else, start hopping in with what they think i could get out of the car.

Current issues:
Major exhaust leaks. It's all there, resonator deleted, but there's leaks. Will be fixed shortly, so no worries.

Power steering leaks. Majorly. Will be fixed shortly either via new hoses, or a full delete.

Could use new front brake rotors. Will probably not fix this, as it stops just fine, pedal pulsates slightly. Was going with aftermarket fronts anyways.

No interior. I mean... some is there, but there's no headliner, rear panels, seats, carpet, etc. The front is mostly complete at the moment.

Hail damage. Nothing major, can't really notice it until you look for it. Hood is the worst part of it.

Paint could use a good buffing for two reasons: 1) i haven't wet sanded or buffed the new fenders, cs bumper, and sideskirts yet, and 2) last time i buffed it, i put swirls in it. Should be easy to get out.

Main cooling fan is hard-wired to a rocker switch.

The good:
Runs like a top. Newer clutch with less than 15k on it. Doesn't leak oil, at most, might need a half a quart top off between oil changes. Gets 34mpg mixes usually with me driving it. ALL and i mean ALL electricals work. Sunroof works. RUST FREE. There is very minor surface rust ONLY on some of the suspension components. No body rust. Period. Paint is in good condition other than needing a buff. No major scratches, chips, etc. Heat works great. NO RUST. Did i mention no rust? New battery and terminals. Newer starter, distributor, ignitor, ecu, plugs, master cylinder.

Mods:
EBC Greenstuff pads
Custom stainless braided lines, FRONT ONLY (i still have to finish one side, will be done shortly)
Short ram intake (who cares)
Grayscales front and rear strut bracing. (2point front, 3point rear)
Resonator delete
Full A/C delete
Limited Edition Enkei RP01 16x8 +35mm wheels (RARE)
Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212 245/45-16 tires. (200 miles on them now, will keep going up)
Kirkosaurus mount inserts
185performance SuperPro poly bushing kit. (Not installed, bushings on the car now are aftermarket and in good condition)
Megan Racing coilovers
CS bumper
GTS/AllTrac widebody front fenders
JDM Corner lights
JDM vented tails
JDM rain guards
JDM folding mirrors
Blue LED converted guage cluster
Real leather shift boot in decent condition. Could stand to be cleaned and stuff.
GTS power lumbar seats (not wired up)

And probably some other little things i left out.

This car is better rotors and pads away from being a solid trackday car. It corners like nothing i've ever driven before, it sticks until you chicken out, and even with the half sketchy front rotors, it'll still stop hard enough that you expect the ass end to lift off the ground. Ask Crystal.

If you were masochistic and lived in a warm environment, you could daily drive this thing with no worries.

Will sell with ST185 crossmember, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, and TRD Japan LSD for V6 Solara tranny. Grab an E153, 3sgte of your choice, and you're set to go.

Again, this is NOT a for sale thread. Just a general asking of what you guys would pay if you had the money, and what you think it would sell for.

Serious answers only please. I don't want any "I'll give you 2 dolla!!!" BS.

Slider
05-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Noooooo. I know of a storage place that does winter storage for $200 for the season. It's about 4 hours away from you. There is a small market for modded cars so it might be tough to sell unless you get lucky or set a low price. You'd probably be better off parting the car out then selling it as stock.

ciento44
05-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Noooooo. I know of a storage place that does winter storage for $200 for the season. It's about 4 hours away from you. There is a small market for modded cars so it might be tough to sell unless you get lucky or set a low price. You'd probably be better off parting the car out then selling it as stock.

I agree i'd be better off parting then selling as stock, but i don't have the parts to revert back to stock. Like... any of them. I threw out the interior, the old suspension, the struts were blown and Mario has the springs. And if i end up not having a garage, time is going to be very limited to make it happen, not to mention the fact that i wouldn't have a place to do any of it. Reverting this thing back to stock wouldn't be a quick job.

I'd really rather not just store it, to be honest. The only way i would store it would be on jack stands. I don't want it sitting on the tires the whole season. And i was going to be swapping it starting late fall, anticipated having it done and wrapped up by February so i would have ample time to test, tweak, and take care of smaller issues before next season/Dragon.

I DON'T think it's going to come down to this, i just want to be prepared/see what budget i might be looking at to get another car that might do better as a dual purpose dd/trackday/autox car. Like.... my buddy's Civic that he offered to me for a very good price. As in, easily less than half what it's worth.

To keep things clear, i do not want to get rid of it. But if i'm not going to be able to swap it in the next year, i'm done. The chassis is just crying for more power in the worst kind of way, and it's almost depressing to drive it the way it is right now. It's dog slow, and there's almost NO way you can overwhelm it the way it sits. It's too easy.

ciento44
05-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Oh yeah..... Slider, can you PM me the info of that place?

grayscale
05-15-2009, 08:40 PM
If you sell, you WILL sell me the rainguards separately.:D That is all.

car
05-16-2009, 03:31 AM
I can't help you personally, but the local storage places here rent out garage-sized rooms for $55 a month.

Ryan
05-16-2009, 04:52 AM
Find a storage unit place and throw it in there..

importrcr13
05-16-2009, 05:09 AM
pikcheeers! Sounds good from what i hear, If you consider selling, would you ever part out?

VikingJZ
05-16-2009, 05:46 AM
If my friend had a larger garage I'm sure you could throw him $100 for the winter, but he's allowing me to keep the first gen in their for the winter. Its now heated and air conditioned, so the hatch will not be going anywhere for the winter.

As far as the car goes, you won't get what you want out of it. I was lucky to get what I wanted out of the SC, and I'm glad I sold it when I did because I am still getting calls, emails, and texts asking how low I would go, or if I would take such and such amount for the car.

In my honest opinion, you would hard pressed to even get $2,500 for the car, especially with no interior. As it sits, you need a car-oriented person to pick it up. AND they need to like Celicas.

To sell it to some kid who thinks it looks cool, will not net you a desirable amount.

19celica90
05-16-2009, 05:03 PM
im surprised viking hasn't already said, tree fiddy!

Murgatroy
05-16-2009, 06:17 PM
The issue with selling it is that outside of an enthusiast, no one will want it.

You of all folks should understand this. It rides rough, it is loud, it is uncomfortable, it has no power.

However, it has some nice mods done to it and handles well.

Honestly, outside of the AutoX community and/or a Celica fan, you won't get more than $2k tops and I mean tops for it. $1500 is more realistic.

VikingJZ
05-16-2009, 06:29 PM
The issue with selling it is that outside of an enthusiast, no one will want it.

You of all folks should understand this. It rides rough, it is loud, it is uncomfortable, it has no power.

Honestly, outside of the AutoX community and/or a Celica fan, you won't get more than $2k tops and I mean tops for it. $1500 is more realistic.

That's probably more realistic.

With the economy, that's the reality.

I was lucky. I'll admit that.

ciento44
05-16-2009, 09:40 PM

Yessir. That's why i'm asking here. I'm not interested in selling it to just anybody. Either on this site, Grassroots, or a local enthusiast forum.

grayscale
05-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Gimme teh vizorz bioch!

ciento44
05-17-2009, 01:02 AM
If the car goes away, you have dibs on the visors, mmmmmkay?