PDA

View Full Version : newbie

Kobzilla
05-13-2009, 05:19 PM
hey what's everyone? I'm new to the car world and am eager to learn as much as i can. i recently bought a 92 celica ST which my friend immediately put a short ram intake on. He also recommended buying a jet chip and getting an exhaust for the car from a local shop. I know nothing about cars and bought the chip, had him install it. Shortly after that, I actually blew a rod. Another friend of mine is in the process of getting parts of the engine remachined for a very low price. Once he's done w/the engine i want to know what my next upgrade for the car should be. should i get an exhaust or something else done to it?

ciento44
05-13-2009, 05:24 PM
hey what's everyone? I'm new to the car world and am eager to learn as much as i can. i recently bought a 92 celica ST which my friend immediately put a short ram intake on. He also recommended buying a jet chip and getting an exhaust for the car from a local shop. I know nothing about cars and bought the chip, had him install it. Shortly after that, I actually blew a rod. Another friend of mine is in the process of getting parts of the engine remachined for a very low price. Once he's done w/the engine i want to know what my next upgrade for the car should be. should i get an exhaust or something else done to it?

Sure! Next upgrade would be to remove the chip!

Then get a decent suspension setup, wheels and tires, and call it a day. You won't make much power on that motor without swapping it out or turbo. And if you're messing with chips and blowing up your motor, you probably don't want to touch a turbo. :p

Welcome to the site. :)

geebes
05-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Welcome!

I wouldn't listen to your friend anymore. But, yeah what ciento said...it's definitely not going to be a powerhouse, but fun and nimble. The best way to get power out of an ST is to swap the motor unfortunately.

Sorry to disappoint, but on celicatech there is a wealth of info for just about anything that you could do to your car. The search button is your friend! :)

Any pictures of the car?