PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean oxidized chrome?

extremeskillz
05-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Well I have had my wheels for over two years now and now they are showing signs of oxidation. When I wash my car i use Meguire's wheel cleaner to clean them but obviously the oxidation doesn't come off easily unless polished. I wanted to know what you guys are using on your aluminum and/or chrome wheels to fight the oxidation. I used to wax my wheels but that only works for a short time.

I heard dawn dish washing soap works to get rid of it then use a polish to shine them. But I just want some more opinions.

Discuss....

-Extremeskillz

alltracman78
05-13-2009, 01:13 AM
Chrome polish.

Instead of wax use an acrylic, it's tougher and lasts longer.

Galcobar
05-13-2009, 02:06 AM
:stupid:

Or a polymer.

goretro77
05-13-2009, 02:20 AM
Chrome polish.

Instead of wax use an acrylic, it's tougher and lasts longer.

Yes, chrome polish works well and lots of elbow grease.

Ryan
05-13-2009, 02:55 AM
Try Eagle 1 Nano Polish wheel polish. It works wonders. It also works on headlights very well..

Ricksta
05-19-2009, 02:35 AM
pick up some blue magic from autozone. its a deoxidizer and polish. works great! have plenty of rags ready cause your going to get plenty of black shit.

Okctrd
05-21-2009, 06:14 AM
i don't know if this would work with chrome, but i did it on the lips of my rims, that are polished but were not shiny anymore.

i applied some turtle wax rubbing compound with a pad and scrub it and after that the pad was all black. Then clean whats left of the compound and apply a polisher called "Noxon" it's the best. Its a green bottle and they sell it Ace hardware stores or automotive shops.

hopefully this is helpful.
good luck!