PDA

View Full Version : Kelly's '94 GT...

H8PVMNT
05-12-2009, 02:51 AM
:bigthumbu

So we went down to Three Forks MT about 3 hours south from where we live and picked up the '94 GT that was posted in the parts for sale section for $500. It turned out to be a 114K mile car with a clear title and a good tight sounding engine. Interior is perfect! We were even able to drive it on the trailor under it's own power. The damage is only on the front portions and doesn't appear to have tweaked anything as far as frame or suspension.

My wife is going to fix it up for auto/rally cross fun and daily driver duty. We are thinking of painting it some sort of silver or maybe metalic blue. Anybody have some fenders, a bumper cover and a hood?

Here's a pic, sorry about the huge size... :)

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/7/2/0/1/100_3602.JPG

Murgatroy
05-12-2009, 03:02 AM
Edited to a link, that picture was just too huge.

H8PVMNT
05-12-2009, 03:18 AM
Thanks, it was the right thing to do... I forgot to resize it.

Ryan
05-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Another 6th gen!!!!!!!! YAY! lol.

congrats on the car man, lookin forward to future progress.

Cavanagh
05-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Doesnt look TOO bad.

H8PVMNT
05-12-2009, 07:24 AM
I'm sure I'll be swearing at it before it's all straitened out but what the heck, it was $500... Gotta do some scroungin' for parts though. Think I can color match Super White?

VikingJZ
05-14-2009, 05:18 PM
They could match Super Red II at NAPA in town, so I don't see why Super White would be a problem.

importrcr13
05-14-2009, 07:20 PM
only issue with color matching white , which i found out about my 7th gen, is depending how long it has been in the sun the parts might not match due to yellowing in the paint... Bumpers and mirrors for the most part...

But it looks very nice... what's up with the frame from the body to the top of drivers window... looks bent?

tuner4life
05-14-2009, 08:05 PM
I dont think there's a windshield in it

H8PVMNT
05-14-2009, 08:26 PM
That's right it's missing the windshield. The only thing really bent is the very front of the framrail on the passenger side. I think I can jack it back pretty easily. I'm still shopping for fenders, hood, bumper cover and radiator core support peices if you guys know of any good deals let me know. I might be able to salvage the drivers fender.

I will also need the headlights for the passenger side, an AC compressor, condensor and an alternator if you happen to see any good deals at a wrecking yard.

ciento44
05-14-2009, 08:37 PM
That's right it's missing the windshield. The only thing really bent is the very front of the framrail on the passenger side. I think I can jack it back pretty easily. I'm still shopping for fenders, hood, bumper cover and radiator core support peices if you guys know of any good deals let me know. I might be able to salvage the drivers fender.

I will also need the headlights for the passenger side, an AC compressor, condensor and an alternator if you happen to see any good deals at a wrecking yard.

For all these parts, car-part.com.

There is a 6th gen where i am, but i think it has.... one headlight last i checked, and no much else to it.

importrcr13
05-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I've used this site in the past, pretty good... http://www.certifit.com/

H8PVMNT
05-15-2009, 03:00 AM
Thanks fellas!

I was able to get the driver's fender out to where the pinch next to the door is in the right place. I think it will work with a little fine tuning with the dollies and a smidge of filler...

H8PVMNT
06-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Update:

We're moving a little slow on this car since we are right in the middle of my body work and paint, but so far she scrounged a few items on ebay pretty cheap. We have 3 out of 4 headlights, and the front cooling fan. She wanted clear turns signals so we found some listed at '94-'99 bumper lights, which thanks to Joe I now know are only for the '96-'99 front end. Thankfully we haven't ordered her bumper cover yet so we will now be doing the '96-'99 facelift to go with the turn signals. She got clear side markers lights to match. I was able to salvage the drivers fender. We will pick up a hood, bumper cover and the other fender in Washington on our vacation to the coast. I bought a new radiator from Napa for $145. So far the total invenstment is around $900 including the gas to haul it home. Our goal is $2,000 after paint and everything, we'll see...

The paint will be some kind of deep metallic blue.

Anybody have an alternator, AC compressor and condensor?

presure2
06-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Update:

We're moving a little slow on this car since we are right in the middle of my body work and paint, but so far she scrounged a few items on ebay pretty cheap. We have 3 out of 4 headlights, and the front cooling fan. She wanted clear turns signals so we found some listed at '94-'99 bumper lights, which thanks to Joe I now know are only for the '96-'99 front end. Thankfully we haven't ordered her bumper cover yet so we will now be doing the '96-'99 facelift to go with the turn signals. She got clear side markers lights to match. I was able to salvage the drivers fender. We will pick up a hood, bumper cover and the other fender in Washington on our vacation to the coast. I bought a new radiator from Napa for $145. So far the total invenstment is around $900 including the gas to haul it home. Our goal is $2,000 after paint and everything, we'll see...

The paint will be some kind of deep metallic blue.

Anybody have an alternator, AC compressor and condensor?
i know i have most of those parts here in the loft in the garage, shipping would be expensive, but if your interested, PM me some offers.

85gtsblackman
06-20-2009, 08:03 AM
to bad u dont live here there is a guy ive been getting parts from a few towns/citys over that has a indoor junkyard and he has 2 6th gens that had everything u needed

my front end was 220 dollars

off the top of my head heres whats still there u can use

hood teal
driver fender black
passenger fender teal
windsheild
radiator, i think its metal
a/c bits
mirrors black or teal
black radiator/whole front core support
air bags
whole interiors, one black cloth 1 tan cloth, neither system 6 or 8 (i bought one of the center consoles)

the rest of the front end stuff either bought or it was sold, the black car had a good front end, the teal one has slight front end damage and busted winsheild but the hood was fine oddly enough

oh btw nice find i saw that car on 6gc

btw when u get a hood get the hinges with it

H8PVMNT
06-22-2009, 12:47 AM
to bad u dont live here there is a guy ive been getting parts from a few towns/citys over that has a indoor junkyard and he has 2 6th gens that had everything u needed

my front end was 220 dollars

off the top of my head heres whats still there u can use

hood teal
driver fender black
passenger fender teal
windsheild
radiator, i think its metal
a/c bits
mirrors black or teal
black radiator/whole front core support
air bags
whole interiors, one black cloth 1 tan cloth, neither system 6 or 8 (i bought one of the center consoles)

the rest of the front end stuff either bought or it was sold, the black car had a good front end, the teal one has slight front end damage and busted winsheild but the hood was fine oddly enough

oh btw nice find i saw that car on 6gc

btw when u get a hood get the hinges with it

I wonder how much it would cost to ship that fender and the a/c stuff? The best I can do over here right now is $140 for a new fender w/o shipping. A new hood was only $100 and I'm sure that sould cost a fortune if I had to ship it. I was going to pick it up next week on vacation but I have been trying to find a decent used fender cheaper.

85gtsblackman
06-22-2009, 05:06 AM
im pretty sure i can do less than 140 for a fender, if you can wait my buddy maybe parting out a white 95 gt, unless u wanna come get the whole thing for a few hundred bucks so i dont.

H8PVMNT
06-22-2009, 06:23 AM
im pretty sure i can do less than 140 for a fender, if you can wait my buddy maybe parting out a white 95 gt, unless u wanna come get the whole thing for a few hundred bucks so i dont.

Keep me posted. I'll pick up what I can cheap up here, but if you are going to have a parts car around in the near future that might save us alot of $$. Even after the fender and hood we will still need the ac stuff, an alternator and lots of little bits and peices. I am going to a few pull it yourself yards on the coast over vacation. When I get back I'll make a new list of what we still need.

We also need some airbags, which have been really hard to find.

You should probably just buy that GT, you will come out on it if you part it out.

broderp
06-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Post progress on this, my 95 was just declared a total loss by the insurance company, and to be honest, I dont think it looked as bad as your car (No offense intended). I made the desicion to keep her and rebuild her.

H8PVMNT
06-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Post progress on this, my 95 was just declared a total loss by the insurance company, and to be honest, I dont think it looked as bad as your car (No offense intended). I made the desicion to keep her and rebuild her.

No offense taken... As long as the frame isn't to mangled I think you are probably salvagable. I am keeping track of our total invenstment so that should help you in the decision making process. Our goal is under $2,000 for the car painted and everything.

presure2
06-23-2009, 05:27 PM
hey man, havent had a chance to get out to the garage, i will check on those parts we exchanged PM's about for sure today.

H8PVMNT
06-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey whenever you get a chance. No emergency, we will be collecting parts for a while before we really get started. Just shoot me a PM when you figure out what you have. We are going to the coast for a week and I will be looking in a few yards there as well.