PDA

View Full Version : alright does this sound crazy?

tekstep01
05-08-2009, 01:43 AM
i haven't had a heater since i owned this p-o-s! because im lazy! and when i swapped in the og 3sge i did the interior harness completely as well.(to retain the cluster/ecu/ect...)
the longer its been the more crap seems to go wrong.
this was my motivation to replace the pushbutton crap i swapped in a month ago...(the center is diffrent than the st slide type, and that center is cut up all bad by the prior tool who owned her!!! and it makes the radio look really un-professional ) so i set the slide(SLIDE TYPE in ST)settings at defog/floor and all the way hot.
took a big gulp, and cut them out, striped the plastic back and bent the control wires so i could change the settings if need be.
i soldered up a big ol switch, and made a direct line to the bat.
and now my heater only comes on at full blast and hot....(defogging the window is instantaneous!)
this makes me happy. and when im happy i also do this; i put in the battery kill switch right there next to it, along with the floor lights&hood lights switches. then i pull the lighter out and fit in a little oil-pressure gauge. this is the fun part.... move the lighter to the center console next to the e-brake and vwalaww!
(Insert pik asap)
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/3344/console1r.jpg (http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=console1r.jpg)
i know i just wasted your time! but it looks cool..... isnt that the point!???
(notice the oil pressure gauge in the cig-lighter?)

andy
05-08-2009, 05:49 AM
pics noa~!

celica91gts
05-08-2009, 06:26 AM
i wants to see or i kirr yous

METDeath
05-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I read this drunk last night... decided I'd attempt it again in the morning to see if it helped my comprehension any.

It didn't.

Shift key, for love of God, use it for something other than punctuation!

That is all.

Fox 21 Alpha
05-08-2009, 04:16 PM
I read this drunk last night... decided I'd attempt it again in the morning to see if it helped my comprehension any.

It didn't.

Shift key, for love of God, use it for something other than punctuation!

That is all.
:rolleyes: Actually as long as you use the space bar and break up the lines in to paragraphs or something of the sort I wouldn't be too worried about it. Like a damn middle school around this joint sometimes.

Back on topic....

Yes. Its crazy. You need money like a hobo needs a ham sandwich.

balang_479
05-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Pics. cant picture it.

tekstep01
05-08-2009, 08:39 PM
i admit i myself was drunk oh shiiiiiiiiit........

tekstep01
05-13-2009, 09:22 PM
there is the un-holy large ass pik for good detail LOL!!!!

Shadowlife25
05-13-2009, 09:38 PM
I still fail to realize why you would spend all this time trying to re-engineer everything on this car when it already worked to begin with.

So you did a motor swap. Ok. Retaining all your electronics is as simple as reading a wiring schematic and soldering a few wires.

So why all the un-needed extra work?

I applaud your effort, I guess I just don't get it.

tekstep01
05-13-2009, 10:29 PM
explanation... i lost use of these systems.... i had the slide system, then i put in the "PUSH BUTTON" system it sucked... it burnt out....im done .... i did it simple simple indeed! no complaints since! isnt that what counts?

OH AND THE BATTERY KILL HAD TO BE ON THE DASH! WHAT BETTER PLACE HUH? :burn: