PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen Fuel Tank Removal

RedRkt01
05-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Okay. So I am going to have some welding done on one of my 4th Gens. It will all be in the rear hatch area and inside the rear strut towers. I'm going to have to drop the tank and I'd like your opinions/experiences/suggestions so the job doesn't become a nightmare. While it is down what should I replace in terms of seals and all that.....

kungFUBAR
05-07-2009, 04:15 PM
The tank on the 162 is kind of tricky. I had to remove the exhaust and the heat shield next to the tank, then there's a cable for something (i assumed parking brake, but i never checked) that you have to hold out of the way while you drop the tank. My suggestion is to not do it by yourself. :)

RedRkt01
05-07-2009, 06:02 PM
My suggestion is to not do it by yourself. :) I don't plan on it, but thanks for the suggestion.

88st165
05-07-2009, 08:39 PM
I dropped the tank on my white 165 by myself and it was pretty easy, I also installed it by myself which wasnt bad either. I think that b/c there was maybe like only a gallon of gas in it helped alot. I pb blasted the bolts for the straps everyday for a few days before I went to attempt it.

RedRkt01
05-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Anybody else with tank removal experience? Suggestions on what to replace? Should I replace everything?