PDA

View Full Version : need help finding a new engine for a 90 all-trac

woody240sr
04-29-2009, 05:41 AM
ok well im not very knowing about toyota i just got out of nissan but i have this new toy its a mint 1990 all-trac body only has 80k on it with a blown engine. i just want to start fresh with it i will build the one that is in it later when i have more money, but for now im on a tight tight spending amount because of college and other things. was wondering if someone in here could help me out with finding a engine to put in that is cheep.

P4160070.JPG
dont know how to post a pic never done a forum before haha sorry

Fox 21 Alpha
04-29-2009, 06:36 AM
You'd need a 3SGTE, 3rd gen I believe. Start looking around for that to start....its used in MR2s also....

vip09
04-29-2009, 06:44 AM
That would be a 2nd gen 3sgte.

woody240sr
04-29-2009, 06:58 AM
those are some of the things i have picked up on so far but just finding a place to get a used engine for next to nothing is hard i mean i dont need wiring or intercooler or stuff like that all i need is the engine,head,turbo and that type of stuff because this engine is solid as in wont move an inch i pulled out the spark plugs and used a 3 or 4 ft breaker bar and still did not move so i just wanna start fresh

celica91gts
04-29-2009, 08:41 AM
so basicly a long block. im sure you can find one for a decent price. the average price for a 2nd gen 3sgte engine with tranny and wiring harness is around 2500-3000. seeing as how you only need the long block it should be cheaper.

Fox 21 Alpha
04-29-2009, 06:25 PM
That would be a 2nd gen 3sgte.

The 2s and 3s and 3S and MR2 and 92s, just too many damn 2s and 3s , I get them mixed up :luvydunno

Nitro_Alltrac
04-29-2009, 10:28 PM
2nd gen 3SGTE's you can get complete with the tranny and everything for under $2K. Right now 3gens are well over $2K for some reason. Check with some of the importers like JHOT. Some of them might be able to set you up with a long block only. Take a look at the importers on Ebay, but before you buy, opinions from the folks here and at Alltrac.net. Some of the importers are great to deal with with others are a complete nightmare. I've seen the basic engine without the harness and electronics a few times lately for $700-900. Also check the For Sale threads here and Alltrac.net. There have been a few long blocks there as well.

Carolina91GT-S
04-29-2009, 11:00 PM
I got my 2nd gen 3SGTE JDM engine with AWD transmission, complete...manifolds, sensors, igniter, coil,turbo, intercooler, harness, ecu, axles...etc, for $1395. Then $175 for shipping, so $1570 complete... sitting in my shop. I seen them go for more and I've seen them go for less. But I do think this would be your best bet. Get a JDM engine set ...and have spares which can be hard to find these days...or sell off the extra stuff you don't need to help cover the cost of the engine set.

woody240sr
04-30-2009, 03:48 AM
ya the 1300 i could see in the future and i know thats about the same for most is somewhere around there thanks guys but if you hear of any that are cheep just let me know thanks agin

tekstep01
05-06-2009, 07:17 AM
heres your cheapest option; tigerparts.com

buy a 3SGE and FF tranny. and a ecu for it...
pull the track mo-mo, and tranny...
put in your okay temporary motor
should be plug-n' Play!

mar_phi6
05-06-2009, 08:59 AM
to be off topic where in az u at

Fox 21 Alpha
05-07-2009, 12:43 AM
heres your cheapest option; tigerparts.com

buy a 3SGE and FF tranny. and a ecu for it...
pull the track mo-mo, and tranny...
put in your okay temporary motor
should be plug-n' Play!

N/A alltrac....cute....

Quit trying to convert peeps.....

tekstep01
05-07-2009, 09:04 AM
sorta off-topic (reply to FOX21ALPHA)
hella fun though.... lil bro!you oughta see my slicks i made outta my tires, camping two times.... on angeles crest, you know what im doing at 3 am! drifting around pine trees, road ones, some funny stuff! and the 2 is so dead past mt. wilson @ 3-4! dude you oughta see me take the lady bug with the e-brake locked........woooooooo we! convert to N?A? what?! (apologies to the boost feinds!) i know im missin all dat fun with the gte, but i got some low end on this fe-ge frankin motor thats awsome...! its runnin at 21btc, extra cooling on #3, -w- aem intake, baffless exaust, no 87 octane for me... 91 or it makes "strange sounds" but i dont gotta cool the spool-d, or pay 3k for a new ceramic spinny disk! i might consider a stage 2 clutch and flywheel from exedy an still get some dem tc rims all under 2300$! thats why i love na, 6 motors swapped now for under 4k! thats 2 gte's id blow up fo sure the way i drive!

drifting dis lil coupe with the tourqe im grabbin now is gonna make some heads turn! like boom an shhhheeet!

lookin at gaining more sponsorship's, though on the daily! ACT (flywheels) is local and i bug them in person! oh and every company that has a sponsorship program posted on the net! bout hookin up the goods! enough to vomit over.... i bet the dudes at HKS were rollin on the friggin floor when they got my "sponsorship resume"

bro when we gonna get our own team goin huh? im workin it.... when i get something goin, your ass better get down here an help pull these motors when i blow em up @ work! lol
on topic!
oh dude if you cant turn the motor over w- a breaker-bar its shot on the bottom end! buy a 3sge 2nd gen shortblock, from toysport 300+shipping (3sge 2.0's from japan have the gte turbo crankshaft, and pistons.... mate your head (if its not warped or really F-ed off!) and then the tranny plug er in and drive away in 3 weeks or so....
thats bout 78 hours of fun if you got that kinda time. and it will only cost 1k if your really serious about its budget.....
esp, since your motor is a second gen as well, nothing will need to be modded to fit. its like legos man!!!
good luck with it.