PDA

View Full Version : THis accident really screwed me...

Freshnicity
04-28-2009, 05:55 AM
You guys remember i was in that accident last feb. Slow moving accident, she got paid for the damages, now shes claiming injuries.

My insurance for the ST an GT are now 168 a month.

But anywhere else, with any other insurance company, its instantly $300++

Man. Im getting screwed with this accident, i hydroplaned into her, at SLOW speeds. Smh. Stupid, ill be screwed on insurance for a long time now.

Pretty pissed. Im getting played due to one persons ignorance that thinks its ok to play the system, an come after me

/rant

85gtsblackman
04-28-2009, 06:19 AM
if the case was already resolved how can she come back after u isnt that what insurancewas for the 1st go round

id suggest consulting a lawyer if things get really bad

yeah i rearend someone 6 years back, i pay 115 a month for basic on the rolla, but if i did add the truck and gts its only 175, go figure :wtf:

btw now that i think about it 115 for the rolla is strange cause i was only paying 75 for the truck by itself

Freshnicity
04-28-2009, 06:28 AM
if the case was already resolved how can she come back after u isnt that what insurancewas for the 1st go round

id suggest consulting a lawyer if things get really bad

yeah i rearend someone 6 years back, i pay 115 a month for basic on the rolla, but if i did add the truck and gts its only 175, go figure :wtf:

btw now that i think about it 115 for the rolla is strange cause i was only paying 75 for the truck by itself

Yeah not sure, the insurance company said theyll hire me a lawyer if it comes down to it. Pisses me off though.

$75 a month for your truck would be dope..wtf at the rolla being over $100 though?

TheNefariousOne
04-28-2009, 06:32 AM
You guys remember i was in that accident last feb. Slow moving accident, she got paid for the damages, now shes claiming injuries.

My insurance for the ST an GT are now 168 a month.

But anywhere else, with any other insurance company, its instantly $300++

Man. Im getting screwed with this accident, i hydroplaned into her, at SLOW speeds. Smh. Stupid, ill be screwed on insurance for a long time now.

Pretty pissed. Im getting played due to one persons ignorance that thinks its ok to play the system, an come after me

/rant

I'm not following...how is the insurance elsewhere relevant here? If you're paying $168 now why would you be looking elsewhere when it'll just cost more.

Maybe I'm missing something...?

Freshnicity
04-28-2009, 06:36 AM
I'm not following...how is the insurance elsewhere relevant here? If you're paying $168 now why would you be looking elsewhere when it'll just cost more.

Maybe I'm missing something...?

Originally i was looking to switch companies, thinking ill find something cheaper, this was before i knew the case was reopened due to her now claiming injuries.

Now because of this, all those cheap qoutes i had, cheaper then my current one, are now around $150 more..

thats how its relevant.

Slider
04-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Ugh, welcome to the USA. All tough after I was in a at fault accident my rates went down by $50 :shrug:

hobbie2k
04-28-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm paying $98/mnth for comprehensive on the Fusion and liability on the Vic, but it would probably be more like $120 if I didn't have renter's coverage with the same company...

I also don't have any tickets or at-fault accidents...in fact...I might not have any accidents on me record at all anymore...I think it's been more than three years now...

Still, it is pretty screwey...I thought once the chick is paid and the case is closed, that's that. I suppose maybe they can come after you directly with a civil suit...

Colossus20v
04-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Rates will go back down over time. Just dont get in any other accidents or traffic violations.

TheNefariousOne
04-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Yay for insurance fraud! People are always looking to get a buck, kinda disgusting.

Freshnicity
04-28-2009, 05:01 PM
It is.

Funny thing is. Ive seen the car again, her bumper is still dented, looks like she got $1200 to just play with. Which im cool with, if it ended there.

I really hope it comes back around to bite her in the ass for pulling this

joe's gt
04-29-2009, 01:10 AM
If she is indeed reopening the case claiming injuries I think a brick through a window is in order...... :thefinger

zmile06
04-29-2009, 05:07 AM
She most likely won't get shit if things have been resolved. Unless she gets a decent lawyer which i doubt anyone would re-open a case that was settled for 1200.