PDA

View Full Version : SC300 delete quest

VikingJZ
04-26-2009, 09:05 PM
So I am really sick and tired of dealing with this vac issue on my SC300.

I want to delete the EGR and Traction control in the car. Some people even are removing the ABS.

Anyone have experience removing this stuff?

I'd like to have it gone by the end of the summer.

I wouldn't mind finding a non-turbo MKIV throttle body to dump the trac system.

VikingJZ
04-26-2009, 09:09 PM
It appears after doing some searching that the TPS in my SC also fits a bunch of other Toyota products.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/THROTTLE-POSITION-SENSOR-LEXUS-ES300-SC300-LX450_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el111 6QQhashZitem180318206945QQitemZ180318206945QQptZMo torsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Ryan
04-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Cap off all the vacuum ports and get a blockoff plate for the egr.

As far as the trac, idk. I am surprised club lexus doesnt have a write up on it.

VikingJZ
04-26-2009, 09:29 PM
There isn't one write up on how to do it.

Tons of threads of people asking how to do so, but no definite answer.

Many moderators there just tell you to search.

I've been searching for nearly an hour and I've come up with some stuff for a 1U delete but not for the 2J.

I'll be poking on SupraForums later.

Ryan
04-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Oh, by the way, I uploaded your pics here under "anything not celica" and under my username.

H8PVMNT
04-27-2009, 12:51 AM
Want me to weld you up a big piece of black metal to put on there?

I know lots of guys who have deleted the egr on the 22re on the pickups. I've never done it but it seems pretty straitforward. A couple of them were total retards and they still got it right! Don't be afraid... Just start taking stuff out and blocking things off, then you can tell everybody how it's done. :laugh:

VikingJZ
05-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Want me to weld you up a big piece of black metal to put on there?

I know lots of guys who have deleted the egr on the 22re on the pickups. I've never done it but it seems pretty straitforward. A couple of them were total retards and they still got it right! Don't be afraid... Just start taking stuff out and blocking things off, then you can tell everybody how it's done. :laugh:

That might be an option.

Here are a pair of plates for sale via BoostLogic.

http://www.boostlogic.com/xcart/product.php?productid=80&cat=60&page=1

This link is to a thread describing it to some extent

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/339949-egr-delete.html

Here is the underhood diagram of the car for a GE non-turbo.

Red= removed shit
Green=retained hoses.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/gsxtacy07/cars/lineremoval2.jpg

I'll have the EGR out and work on TRAC too.

I want this shit GONE.

I think once the EGR and all those vacuum hoses are gone, and I can get the TPS calibrated correctly, my idle issue will be fixed and I will have a cleaner engine bay!

Considering ABS as well, but we'll see

Trance4c
05-02-2009, 01:05 AM
God that thing was a spaghetti mess man. Not as bad as the stock twins on a MK4 Supra.. but, still.. yes, need deleted!!

I would just pull everything, you just need a metal block off plate. You could probably fashion one with a piece of steel from Home Depot and a Bench Grinder, if you have access to one.

I'd want to make sure your have that TPS set right! But you'll know better once you delete all those possible vac lines. As for the Trac control, well.. yours was definitely electronic, there has got to be a way to just disable it. I'd think supraforums would have more on it then clublexus, I've on both and supraforums is more technical. Nothing?

Ryan
05-02-2009, 02:07 AM
I have access to everything he will need for the egr delete. We just finished putting steel on a barn today at work, so there are TONS of scraps. I also have a bench grinder and drill press so I can get it to shape and everything. I figure if we use that steel, and some high temp sealant, it should be ok.

As far as the abs goes. I am not screwing with that dude. I will not do it. besides that, it isnt worth it. The sc is nice, but it is not a show car. And do you really want to spend that much money, put that much time in, and mess with your brakes....???

I can see doing the egr and trac.

As far as the battery relocation, I have told you this already, but I will say it again, I dont think it is worth it. Here are some reasons why......

-You have a LOOOONNNGGGG car(almost as long as your vovlo, if not longer, which means A LOT of wire.)

-Your trunk doesnt open like celicas with the cable, your trunk opens with an electric button, so if your battery is dead, it may be a bit more complicated than normal, imagine if your lock breaks or some shit.

-Your trunk is already small enough.

-We just upgraded your alternator power wire and your grounds.

-Everything works right now, why fuck with it if it isnt broken?

My take on it, if you want it to look cleaner in the engine bay, get some black loom, delete your trac and egr, make a battery box, get a new batter that is the correct size, detail your engine bay thoroughly.

VikingJZ
05-02-2009, 06:46 AM
I have just decided to do an engine delete.

Cleanest engine bay possible!

No...EGR and TRAC are going to be GONE

Chris
05-02-2009, 08:46 AM
I have just decided to do an engine delete.

Cleanest engine bay possible!

Crap, I was going to step into this thread and recommend that.

VikingJZ
05-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Ha...

I think I can piece together everything as long as I can make block off plates.

Ryan, as he said, can hook me up with some steel, so that's great.

Sometime within the next week or two I'm gonna start on it.

Tweak and Luni also agreed at the Dragon that my main TPS could be an issue because it isn't calibrated correctly.

However, I found this thread on Club Lexus.

It seems as if there are mixed feelings about the process. One guy said you have to set it, others said it is unnecessary but that one guy did outline the "correct" procedure.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/317167-changing-throttle-position-sensor.html

As far as the delete process, I may make my own write up with pics and stuff.

Trance4c
05-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Tweak and Luni also agreed at the Dragon that my main TPS could be an issue because it isn't calibrated correctly.

I told you that :P

grayscale
05-02-2009, 05:37 PM
It seems as if there are mixed feelings about the process. One guy said you have to set it, others said it is unnecessary but that one guy did outline the "correct" procedure.
Uh yeah, that one dude is right, the other two are a couple of clowns who think they know it all because they have a high post count. TPS is not a slap it on and go part, but you know this. :bigthumbu

VikingJZ
05-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah yeah Clay I know...lol I'm sorry I left you out of the list. I'll host next year ;)

Cannon, I kind of figured...lol. It's best to do it right though. The one big mod there has a write up that you can turn the TPS clockwise for softer shift engagement and counter clockwise to have harsher engagement and a higher shift point.

Nitro_Alltrac
05-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Like Cannon said, those two guys are idiots. There wouldn't be a TPS adjustment procedure if it was straight plug and play. I worked in part for a GM dealer for almost 10 years and TPS adjustments were something that the techs did on an almost daily basis. It's not hard but if you're going to do it, do the right way, not half ass like those two suggested.

As for the EGR delete, it's not that hard. Like the guys are saying, just make a plate. On one car that I had, a previous owner had done the delete and made the plate out of 3/8" plate steel. At least that part of the engine was almost bulletproof!

grayscale
05-02-2009, 06:46 PM
a previous owner had done the delete and made the plate out of 3/8" plate steel.
:ug3:

Nitro_Alltrac
05-03-2009, 01:27 PM
I know, there wasn't anything going to blow out of that hole.

VikingJZ
05-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Shit, some guys were cutting stuff out of coffee cans and using that along with "The Right Stuff" sealer.

Ryan
05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
I are found metals!!! I think it will work.

grayscale
05-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Yeah, you don't need anything fancy, it's not under any serious pressure, it just needs to seal. Hell you could probably fill the hole with jbweld.

VikingJZ
05-05-2009, 03:17 PM
DONE.

Still idles high, but it seems to run much smoother than before.

So....TPS

Ryan
05-05-2009, 08:08 PM
So we just spent all that time working on this thing last night, and now you are going to sell it. That makes a shitload of sense.

Nitro_Alltrac
05-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Yea, my plate was way overkill. It doesn't take much as you have found out by now. You should keep the car Aaron. It's really looking good. Get the last few running issues taken car of and you're golden.