PDA

View Full Version : HOOR STORY! = What to do with what i learned!

tekstep01
04-25-2009, 09:47 AM
I got my car impounded!
f%&* the LAPD, heres what went down.....
i First had to go to the DMV, and renew my license
(it exp.1 week, on my birthday, before i got pulled over=Reason they towed rather than ticket)
got a two day pass to drive it (not smogged!=NO REGiSTRATION in CA!=Reason i got pulled over to begin with!{no tags})
then went to the police department with the title,proof of insurance,my new paper licence,my state id,the notice of storage(impound). had to talk to a detective at the auto desk, and get the car released.
thank god i didnt get a 30 day hold!
then i had to go to the Black and White towing place, pay 246.80 got my receipt.
went to the auction yard, waited while they used a forklift to shuffle my car to me.
then in the middle of an actual auto auction(Too true to be made up!), i had two of the B&W tow guys help me push-start the bitch!
(my bat. was dead!)
And as im trying to leave, driving really, really, slow through the crowd of buyers at the auction. the announcer dude goes "THERE GOES ANOTHER SATISFIED CUSTOMER!"
i get a block away and notice immediatly all my gas is gone!
the car is stalling, and as i pull up to the pump at chevron it dies.
(now i know for a fact you all think this is my fault... but wait! I GOT PULLED OVER LEAVING A GAS STATION AFTER PUTTING 10$ in IT!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: not even 20 feet out of the LOT! and as i was doing so i reset my odometer to zero, so 36 miles on it was a stunner! :wtf:

SO I LEARNED:
if they are towing your car infront of you, get these items out of your car!:
registration, proof of insurance, and all important.. the detachable faceplate.
and of course anything else you might value (like you car!?! :lolhittin )
(someone stole my hood-pins, fire extinguisher, and my tools. and some how little wayne ended up in the deck, :ohyeah: {forgot the face to the radio, wonder how the whole thing didnt get ripped too!}
now i think the sub-box + the 1,000 watt amp didnt end up missing because it was bolted in.
BOLT IN YOUR sub BOX. MOUNT YOUR AMP & Capacitor.
and ask the cops what they think you have to do...
call the yard and ask too, i got two different stories! and would have wasted the whole day if i ran off with no head first thing..
and most importantly bring the title if you have it.
and if its not in your name, id imagine bringing said person as well.
dont forgett your credit card... and always keep 400 in the bank!

LOS ANGLES IS a Hell of A PLACE TO GET YOUR CAR TOWED! LEEME TELL YAH!
ANY OTHER TIPS IN HANDLE"N TE PIGS OUT THERE? :bigthumbu

METDeath
04-25-2009, 12:44 PM
ANY OTHER TIPS IN HANDLE"N TE PIGS OUT THERE? :bigthumbu

Yes, don't live in Cali.

Just my .02.

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful place, and my favorite sushi joint is in La Jolla (just north of Sand Diego). However, due to CARB and crazy laws and traffic, I couldn't live there.

85gtsblackman
04-25-2009, 02:34 PM
yah ill visit, i think va is better :ohyeah:

usp45
04-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Impound lots are the devil yo. I'm honestly surprised more of there employees don't get murdered! They literaly rob people... Legaly. WTF! The people should revolt.

tuner4life
04-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Cops will fuck you over whenever they can, especially out there. I always make sure my shit's straight so it they search for an excuse to be an asshole you can tell them to fo.

Hope everything gets straightened out soon. :(

VikingJZ
04-25-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm surprised in a large city like that that you weren't just given a ticket.

Out here they'd have just let you off if it were that soon after telling you that you need to go take care of it. Maybe a ticket at worst if he was a dick.

But in that case, if you knew you had an expired license, you best be sure to be on your best behavior for the public servant.

Hope it gets taken care of!

No more rappers in y0 dash.

tekstep01
04-30-2009, 03:08 AM
and i got pulled over, AGAIN!... cept they didnt give me a ticket.

Grot
04-30-2009, 03:15 AM
why u get pulled over this time?

Freshnicity
04-30-2009, 03:58 AM
Move to Sac then fambino.

you got some bad luck yo.

tuner4life
04-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Why did you get pulled over again?!?!?!?

I'd move for realz.

Fox 21 Alpha
05-01-2009, 05:57 AM
Why did you get pulled over again?!?!?!?

Maybe if you'd drive like a normal person and not redline every gear going to the grocery store hahaha

david in germany
05-01-2009, 08:03 PM
I think you could have avoided most of this if you got temp plates BEFORE you drove it....

tekstep01
05-05-2009, 07:47 AM
well i love my car and its LOUD! also it has stickers.... the cops love to FUCK WITH ME!!! im the local "Fast and the Furious Dude!"
today i got pulled over AGAIN! just to have the cops LOOK @ MY CAR!!!! TODAY!....
(the whole time im thinking in the back of the cop car in cuffs OH SHIT!)
but they came back let me out and said "Nice Car! Uh whats it putting out in HP?"
almost made me laugh... i said bout 140 rite now... not as much as you think!

the last time they pulled me over the same crap... NO TICKET! The last time they told me my tags were expired! but i had a temp op....this time nothing except i just LOOK FAST LOL! (cause im not really breakin the law, i am a safe driver, just not sane.)
third time in a two week period!

ryansk8
05-05-2009, 09:27 AM
I got pulled over the other night and they had cameras and everything!

It was cops! (the tv show)

they didnt do anything though, they knew my celica was too fast ghetto bird cant even keep up. lol

tekstep01
05-05-2009, 11:07 AM
I got pulled over the other night and they had cameras and everything!

It was cops! (the tv show)

they didnt do anything though, they knew my celica was too fast ghetto bird cant even keep up. lol

Thats such a typical so-cal thing; GHETTOBIRD ie; ghett-o-bird;noun meaning- 1.A Police helecopter used in persuit of wanted criminals and the occasional dumbass (see; dumptruck and metrosexual) usually spotted pulling 70 mph 360's inches above your roof. sometimes includes spotlight, and megaphone. popular los angeles legend says you can outrun the Ghettobird and win your freedom. :wtf:

tuner4life
05-05-2009, 01:12 PM
If they are just pulling you over to check your shit every week, and cant give you a legitimate reason why, I would file harrassment charges and try to get as much as you can out of them as you can. I cant believe how much they think they can just screw with people because they 'think' you are doing something wrong.

ryansk8
05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Thats such a typical so-cal thing; GHETTOBIRD ie; ghett-o-bird;noun meaning- 1.A Police helecopter used in persuit of wanted criminals and the occasional dumbass (see; dumptruck and metrosexual) usually spotted pulling 70 mph 360's inches above your roof. sometimes includes spotlight, and megaphone. popular los angeles legend says you can outrun the Ghettobird and win your freedom. :wtf:

haha yeah

never personally heard of anyone getting away from them though.

patrol cars are quite a different story, i know people that got away, granted they were on street bikes. :)

gives you hope though doesnt it lol

cops are lame.

Fox 21 Alpha
05-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Or start making lots of friends on the PD when they pull you over so you can get out next time it does go bad....

tekstep01
05-06-2009, 07:12 AM
true true lil bro... arent you working as a cop yourself? lol!

some people think having a faternal order of police sticker will stop em from pullin yah over.....

mostly though i think having "TRIBE DRIFT CLUB" on my back window in huge letters might have something to do with this... it seems to be a magnet for them.
my good homeboy's dad ran from the cops on his harley right in front of us,
And he had a good 7 second lead on em. he got away but they got his licence plate and were at his house an hour later...
i think hes going away for 5 years, scary!

but when i know i could have racked up a bunch of tickets on the last one, but still got off with a warning..... i was singing as i put my car back into order " to legit too legit to quit!