PDA

View Full Version : I got in a wreck this morning = (

CarolinaJr.
04-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Driving to school, real fogy out. There are a lot of people who park on the street so they walk across to school i slow down for one. Then i start going again, the dude in front of me passes the cross walk then slams on his breaks. No one was in front of him or anything. I was like two car lenths back. I was going like 10 mph and was looking into the other lane at the person coming around him because they were half way in my lane. I ran into the back of him. Messed up my bumper a lil, i need a new one. One of my head lights wont close aslo. So he sits in the middle of the road for 5 min. I got out and asked him to move to a parking lot. He un buckled and all and starts cusin me out so i went back to my car. The paramedics got there and went to him. He starts screaming MY BACK MY BACK somthings wrong. :wtf: so they put him on a strecher and all there is not a dent or anything on his car. The cop saw a lil paint on there and whiped it off with his had. So .... The cop told me it was stupid and that there is nothing wrong with the guy. Also that i was not in trouble and not getting a ticket but i was going to hear from the guy i hit. Anyone have a front bumper for sale?

grayscale
04-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Well, at least it sounds like the cop will write his report in your favor.

Trance4c
04-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Ugh.. that sucks man. Sorry to hear it!

I hate with people do that crap from a small tap, saw it happen to my brother when in high school. Our insurance went nuts no him due to his age and the mechical bills. From what I recall, his was at least 10mph as well and there wasn't even any paint swap. People are shameless... good luck!

CarolinaJr.
04-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Yeah people like that get under my skin. And im hopin i dont have to go to court or somthing. Now im just thinking about what i can do to fix it. Maybe ill get the carlos front bumper lol

vip09
04-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Might as well go with the CS/RC bumper! If I remember correctly, mine was $197 or so from my Toyota dealership. Can't go wrong with the JDM sexiness!

Hope you get it all fixed up man!

k.beaty
04-21-2009, 04:12 PM
sorry to hear that man! how's the CELICA Hood trim piece :lolhittin

Freshnicity
04-21-2009, 05:18 PM
That sucks bro. Hope it all works out.

Dealing with the same situation right now, think i might be getting sued.

Dont think that will happen to you though.

Fix teh car!. And yes, RC bumper ftw.

CarolinaJr.
04-21-2009, 07:34 PM
JDM hood trim got a very small crack on it in the corner have to point it out to see it. The made me shead a tear. If anyone knows anywhere to look for the bumper let me know. Ill look into the dealership. I turned my headlights on also. The one on that side will not close. It still works but it just stays open.

Slider
04-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Something might be blocking it most likely. I would place my bets on the middle trim piece being pushed back on that side and/or the metal bar that the trim piece screws into being pushed back also.

CarolinaJr.
04-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah i looked at it. the trim is pushed back stopping the light.

Nitro_Alltrac
04-22-2009, 01:52 AM
Sorry to hear about the accident. That sucks that the dude pulled that crap. Pinheads everywhere.

rizin
04-22-2009, 02:57 AM
Sorry about the car man. I guess if I ever rearend someone I will just punch my self in the face. Then tell the cops they went into a rage and hit me in the face when they pull something like that.

CarolinaJr.
04-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah, it really sucks. I'm thinking ill be alright. I have not heard for anyone yet.

CarolinaJr.
07-25-2009, 11:02 PM
I started fixing everything from the wreck today. I got the lights, bumper, fender, and bumper cover off. I have a lot of pics, ill post. It may help if someone needs to get the there crash bar off, (witch is a pain in the ass if it is bent like mine was).

Nitro_Alltrac
07-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Glad to hear things have started. The crash bar can be a bitch to get loose even if it isn't bent. The bolt rusts up pretty gootd.

CarolinaJr.
07-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Yeah, they really were a mess. Rusted, bent, wore out. I;m getting new ones with the new crash bar.

broderp
07-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Not be negative here, but have you heard at all from the othe driver? Sounds like he was being an ass, BUT you never can tell.

If someone rear ended me even at 10mph I would need to go to the hospital. I have a3 ruptured disk that loosly support my spinal cord (waitning on surgery). the slighted twist or jar can really be painfull. So you can't base personal injury always by the amount of damage to a car.
When I wrecked my celica a few weeks ago, adrenalin kept me going for about 45 minutes, but after that I was feeling really sick,and my back hurt so bad the next day I missed a few days of work because of it. I was in pain for over a week after. Granted I was going around 15-20mph when I hit the car in front of me, but I was also facing forward and my back was not twisted. It would have been much worse for me had I been not looking or my upper torso was turned looking out the window or whatever.

BACK to topic..THE CAR..

Look for the bright side of this, think of it as an opportunity to do those upgrades or fix those little things you have been putting off. Do you have full coverage insurance?

taibones
07-26-2009, 02:39 PM
did you find a bumper if not i can get you a stocker pretty cheap along with headlight assembly or any other front end part you may need

CarolinaJr.
07-26-2009, 03:26 PM
I understand that broderp. Sorry about your back man. The guy never said anything but did file a claim. And tailbones, i'm going to the junk yard tomorrow to find a new crash bar and some other small bend parts from the wreck. If i cannot find something there i'll let you know what i need. Thank you. I do have full coverage but, i am not using it. I want to fix it myself to learn more about my celi. Also save some money.

Nate84
07-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Hey if you're ever in the rva area and are still in need of parts hit me up and we can go to two yards around town that always have a celica or two.

CarolinaJr.
07-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Alright cool, thanks. There is one part i missed today. I might run to another yard to pick it up i need it fixed today so i can go back to va.