PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get parts for underbody and bumper?

MCcelica
04-20-2009, 03:59 AM
K, so little back story.

Friday we got a bunch of real slushy snow. Had to make a trip from Ft. Collins to Denver area. Slow going but what's normally an hour drive was like an hour and a half. Anyways, slushy snow got stuck real solid onto the wheel well. Since it was real heavy it sorta pulled the plastic down.

I get to my hotel and try to back into my parking spot and I can't go backwards. Figured maybe I was losing traction on the snow so I went forward and backed up faster. Now I didn't know this at the time, but the tire was grabbing onto the snow/slush/ice cake that was on my wheel well when it was going backwards and binding up the tire. Well when I backed up faster it snapped off all the pins and sent my wheel well liner flying out into the middle of the parking lot. *smacks forehead*

To compound this, the underbody plastic wasn't in that great of shape to begin with when I got the car, but it was survivable. But now it's not. The passenger side wheel well liner is what shot out the front of the car, the driver side liner is also almost not existant, and the front plastic undercover is also in some pretty rugged shape. So long story short with all of that is, today on my trip home with dry roads, I periodically had to pull over and tuck that front undercover up again to stop it from dragging on the roadway. *smacks forehead again*

When I got the car I kinda patched all that stuff, as well as a couple of things with the front bumper to where they were survivable. But now it's all busticated. I was planning on replacing the entire front bumper/facia/lip when I had the $ and time to do it, but with my deployment rapidly approaching, I can't do much right away, so it'll have to wait till I get back. So basically I'm redoing the front end, and just wanted to know if anyone knew of a place where I can source those parts. I'd prefer to stay brand new if at all possible.

Any ideas?

MCcelica

bzdweezy
04-20-2009, 04:20 AM
1sttoyotaparts.com has fender liner for about $55

MCcelica
04-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Oh yeah. This is for my 7th gen btw.

Thx weezy. I don't know how I always forget to check there. Will do tomorrow.

KoreanJoey
04-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Cause you don't click on my sig is why.