PDA

View Full Version : peeps with 1mz knowledge (help is needed)

usp45
04-16-2009, 05:57 AM
My work buddy has a mk1 v6 auto solara, and he wants to add a little fun to drive. First thing I told him, was he has the wrong car if he wants fun. But he was persistant so I want to help him pick out some safe modifications (DD).

I wanted to know what can be safely done to a healthy stage 0 1mzfe. Before he talked to me he wanted the trd 1mz sc. I told him that tha are undersized and to rare/expensive. I see alot more of the 5vz trd sc's. I was wondering what it takes to use one on a 1mz. Obviously it can be done, I just don't know if it bolts on or needs custom brackets or what?

So assuming it can be made to work, what efi upgrades will be needed to maintain a safe afr. just bigger injectors maybe like a 250lb/h fuel pump?

If a fmic is used can a bigger sc pulley be used to increase boost, without overloading the stock pistons and rods?

Or if he goes a different route what would it take to run the 1mz on a 3mz ecu?

85gtsblackman
04-16-2009, 08:02 AM
ill catch hell for doing this but....

www.toyotanation.com

pretty much 75% of the board owns a camry/solora

burnyd
04-16-2009, 02:48 PM
or solaraguy.com.... yes guy is the compound word there so solara drivers like myself do not feel ghey.

simply put s/c for that caris really too expensive imho, and not really the best route to go as a single turbo isbest and mostefficient.

honestly he should not waste his time his stock car is only putting down near 135whp... as the auto tranny really sucks for power.... the 5 speed v6 cars put down 175-180ishwhp... tell him to sell his car and get a 5 speed v6.

usp45
04-17-2009, 08:36 AM
ill catch hell for doing this but....

www.toyotanation.com

pretty much 75% of the board owns a camry/solora

LOL, thats funny shit blackman. So in other words I shouldn't be associated with solora owners :laugh:

usp45
04-17-2009, 08:42 AM
simply put s/c for that caris really too expensive imho, and not really the best route to go as a single turbo isbest and mostefficient.

honestly he should not waste his time his stock car is only putting down near 135whp... as the auto tranny really sucks for power.... the 5 speed v6 cars put down 175-180ishwhp... tell him to sell his car and get a 5 speed v6.

Yup that was pretty much my first thoughts on the subject too. I guess, I'll just have to break it to him he bought the girly auto edition and is skrood.

I didn't know the drivetrain loss on those auto-trans is so effing massive!

85gtsblackman
04-17-2009, 08:59 AM
i drove a manual 94 rolla with a 7afe, my rolla has a slushbox

night and day differnce