PDA

View Full Version : 2000 celica gts vs my 92 gt

a_mounty
04-13-2009, 10:27 PM
ok well on another forum (toledotuners) there is a kid with a 2000 gts 6 spd.
we were at a meet and he said he wanted to see what my celi could do.
well after some highway cruising i decided to give him a go expecting him to whomp my ass.

my car is completely bone stock and his car is stock except for a flywheel and clutch (dont ask which one cuz i dont know).

well we were going 50-60 ish and i was in 4th when he started to race so i got on it and started to pull on him. well after me pulling a car if not more on him he backed off.....

now i cant say i had the driver mod becuase all i did was left it in 4th and pushed the tall skinny one...

shouldnt he had beaten me? :wtf:

burnyd
04-13-2009, 10:37 PM
yes

mr2trd3
04-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Umm...yea, street racing is gay, especially when it's between two stock Celica's. LOL.

Numbers don't lie. Based on the specs, he should have waxed you. Easily.

a_mounty
04-13-2009, 11:00 PM
that is what i thought.... it had me so confused.

he did however have the fat bitch passenger mod :shrug:

that could have had an effect but i wouldnt have thought it would have went anything like that.

ya street racing is gay between two stock celi's

i only do that when there is no one around and or it is safe to do so.

88st165
04-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Maybe it wasnt really a gts?

Racing a bone stock car isnt all that bad. I mean, you have to know where you stand in some cases. Just like dynoing a stock car, sometimes you just need a baseline. For example, when my red 165 was bone stock I raced my buddy's bone stock 96 a4. He beat me but just barely, so my first mod was gutting the stock primary cat and that made it fast enough to beat him pretty easily.

polish dude
04-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Umm...yea, street racing is gay, especially when it's between two stock Celica's. LOL.

Numbers don't lie. Based on the specs, he should have waxed you. Easily.

i think it was posible. 5th gen gt probobly has as much tq as the 7th gen gts. so at lower rpm the gt might have a chance especially if the gts was at lower rpm than the gt.

H8PVMNT
04-14-2009, 07:40 AM
I've been really suprised at what the 5SFE will do in the mid-rpm range. They don't have it all out, but at part throttle and in the normal driving RPM range they are really quite exceptional compared to most NA 4 cyl.

EDIT: OK so they kind of suck but I like the bottom end for around town anyway and I wouldn't get caught dead in a Honda... :)

mr2trd3
04-14-2009, 04:52 PM
I guess you guys have not been in a car with a real sporty engine. Believe me, the 5th Gen Celica GT/GT-S is as slow as a turtle and the 5SFE is nothing to write home about. Anywhere above 4000 rpm and all you're getting is noise.

The 5SFE has 145 ftlb of torque compared to the 130 ftlb of the 2ZZGE. Even though the 5SFE has more low-end and streetable grunt, the additional weight and anemic engine of the 5th Gen makes it impossible for it to stand a chance against the 7th Gen GT-S. A fair race may only be possible if the 7th Gen GT-S was automatic OR had 250lb+ of the "the fat bitch passenger mod" (LOLROFLCOPTER!) and was in overdrive gear at 50-60mph while the 5th Gen GT is in the proper gear for optimum acceleration.

I have been in an automatic 7th Gen GT-S with four passenger while ramping onto the freeway. Boy was I disappointed. LOL. It felt like being in a mid 80s 4-banger Honda.

a_mounty
04-14-2009, 10:01 PM
ya i usually shift at about 4500 since that is about all it has... i tried taking it above 5k once and did not like that at all. all that happened what i felt a gigantic loss of power. so from then on i shift well before 5k.

i have been in quite a few "sporty engined" car and even a few "race cars"
and the 5s really has nothing on them. but i do agree the gearing makes it nice for not having to downshift when passing a car. but nothing for top end speed.

i guess if i want a true race i would have to race him from a dig without the fat bitch passenger mod.

but even so i was still suprised on how easy it was.
altho when i have 1 or god forbid two other people in my car it gets rather sloooooower...... lol

85gtsblackman
04-15-2009, 07:31 AM
ive beaten a few cars that i wasnt supposted to with my "truck engined" celica

musta been a friday car

a_mounty
04-15-2009, 03:19 PM
ive beaten a few cars that i wasnt supposted to with my "truck engined" celica

musta been a friday car

care to elaborate?

burnyd
04-15-2009, 05:25 PM
I guess you guys have not been in a car with a real sporty engine. Believe me, the 5th Gen Celica GT/GT-S is as slow as a turtle and the 5SFE is nothing to write home about. Anywhere above 4000 rpm and all you're getting is noise.

The 5SFE has 145 ftlb of torque compared to the 130 ftlb of the 2ZZGE. Even though the 5SFE has more low-end and streetable grunt, the additional weight and anemic engine of the 5th Gen makes it impossible for it to stand a chance against the 7th Gen GT-S. A fair race may only be possible if the 7th Gen GT-S was automatic OR had 250lb+ of the "the fat bitch passenger mod" (LOLROFLCOPTER!) and was in overdrive gear at 50-60mph while the 5th Gen GT is in the proper gear for optimum acceleration.

I have been in an automatic 7th Gen GT-S with four passenger while ramping onto the freeway. Boy was I disappointed. LOL. It felt like being in a mid 80s 4-banger Honda.

+9000000000000000000000000000000000000000

H8PVMNT
04-15-2009, 06:14 PM
I don't have an grand delusions about the 5S being a fast engine, I just mean compared to other "economy" NA 4 bangers it's got a ton of usable bottom end "street drivability" which is really rare for that type of platform.

I would love to be able to put an engine with similar charateristics into a Toyota 4x4 pickup. The 5S would wheel way better than the 22re in stock trim. There is just way more grunt down in the low rpm range.

That being said I know it's not the characteristics most people want in a street/sport type car so I understand what you guys mean. My wife is shopping for a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 and just looking at the hp and acceleration numbers makes me realize what a lame duck my Celica really is... :laugh:

mr2trd3
04-15-2009, 07:34 PM
DO NOT buy a Mitsu. Coming from a Toyota background, you have become comfortable with a reliable car. Any Mitsu will turn you bitter dealing with engine and transmission failure. Mark my words. If your wife wants a GT car, why not look at a Supra (MKIII or MKIV)? There's really nothing great about the 3000GT VR4 unless she likes how it looks and wants to drive around a 2 ton pig. Sure that car has some mad grunt in a straight line with power that will hit like a sledge hammer. However, like its sibling, the DSM, this car is only good for one or two ghetto 10 second passes.

a_mounty
04-15-2009, 07:49 PM
one of my local friends just picked up a decent 3000 and for it wieghing 4k lbs its really not that bad of a vehicle.
has twin boostorz, 4wd and 4ws
with some mods one can save a bunch of weight. the hood weighs like 75 lbs.....

burnyd
04-15-2009, 09:37 PM
I don't have an grand delusions about the 5S being a fast engine, I just mean compared to other "economy" NA 4 bangers it's got a ton of usable bottom end "street drivability" which is really rare for that type of platform.

I would love to be able to put an engine with similar charateristics into a Toyota 4x4 pickup. The 5S would wheel way better than the 22re in stock trim. There is just way more grunt down in the low rpm range.

That being said I know it's not the characteristics most people want in a street/sport type car so I understand what you guys mean. My wife is shopping for a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 and just looking at the hp and acceleration numbers makes me realize what a lame duck my Celica really is... :laugh:

you have a car with a 4cly camry motor lol.... theres a ton of economical honda motors that are 5x if not 10x better... do not have the low end power but sure do make up for it with the top end and the potential..... 5sfe is simply nothing more than a economy motor.

burnyd
04-15-2009, 09:38 PM
one of my local friends just picked up a decent 3000 and for it wieghing 4k lbs its really not that bad of a vehicle.
has twin boostorz, 4wd and 4ws
with some mods one can save a bunch of weight. the hood weighs like 75 lbs.....

sure, but the maintence on those cars is just simply rediculous... I am not talking about getting the dealer to do anything I am referring to small things like ball joints at 300 a piece....... also trying to do any mechanical work on that car is not easy. In general its just not a good car due to the weight and avaibility of parts.

a_mounty
04-15-2009, 11:06 PM
ekk eff that.
ill stick with my celi lol

mitsu's are generally expensive arent they?

burnyd
04-15-2009, 11:15 PM
ekk eff that.
ill stick with my celi lol

mitsu's are generally expensive arent they?

no just vr-4's with the avaibility of parts.

H8PVMNT
04-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah I've been trying to talk her into a Supra or even another Celica of some kind. The 3000GT has way to many doodads and to much technology in my opinion but that's what she's stuck on. I'm hoping a screamin' deal on a Celica to cheap to pass up changes her mind. Is the Eclipse worth a hoot or should it be avoided too?

And on the Honda engines:

Yeah I know friggin' Hondas are way way better and you can actually build them, but everybody has a Honda, I guess that's why I drive a Celica instead. I've just always had a thing for the 5th Gen styling. I'm happy with a good looking, good handling slow ass car. Maybe when I have all my crap paid off I'll start shopping for a Supra to take out on the weekends or even do a decent engine swap in the Celica but now all I need is a good all weather work/daily driver car so I'm happy with the GT-S, dog turd 5SFE and all.

a_mounty
04-16-2009, 12:07 AM
holy random topic thread batman.... lol

honda's everyone has them.
ill gladly take my stock celi that beats a stock civic anyday.

H8PVMNT
04-16-2009, 01:27 AM
holy random topic thread batman.... lol

I know, this has to stop... Maybe we can start a "why I think old Celicas are nicer than newer/faster/better cars" thread somewhere else.

Thanks for the input on the 3000GT though. I need some more ammunition to talk her into another Celica! :)

Grot
04-16-2009, 01:31 AM
just tell her the cars she likes are gay and she had her chance and that she no longer gets to choose.

That should solve that problem... may create a few others tho.

H8PVMNT
04-16-2009, 01:48 AM
just tell her the cars she likes are gay and she had her chance and that she no longer gets to choose.

That should solve that problem... may create a few others tho.

Your right it's time I put my foot down! :laugh:

METDeath
04-16-2009, 02:01 AM
Eclipse? Only if you like your crank to walk...

grayscale
04-16-2009, 02:32 AM
the additional weight...of the 5th Gen...against the 7th Gen GT-S.
Rofl. Do you have any idea what each of those cars weighs?

mr2trd3
04-16-2009, 05:34 AM
Rofl. Do you have any idea what each of those cars weighs?

Sure, I (plus Google) can help you out because you probably lack searching skills.

5th Gen Celica GT: 2750-2920lbs (depending on year, with the older models being lighter)

5th Gen Celica GT-S: 2900+lbs

5th Gen Celica All-trac: ~3300lbs

7th Gen Celica GT-S: 2500-2550lbs

Simple, given that a stock 7th Gen GT-S will outpace a stock All-trac should be enough to convince you that the 7th Gen GT-S is no slouch. The NA 5th Gen Celica really is no comparison of the 7th Gen GT-S no matter how you look at it.

H8PVMNT
04-16-2009, 06:47 AM
Sure, I (plus Google) can help you out because you probably lack searching skills.

5th Gen Celica GT: 2750-2920lbs (depending on year, with the older models being lighter)

Simple, given that a stock 7th Gen GT-S will outpace a stock All-trac should be enough to convince you that the 7th Gen GT-S is no slouch. The NA 5th Gen Celica really is no comparison of the 7th Gen GT-S no matter how you look at it.

Wow! I never knew those 7th Gens were so light!

Makes me want to take off my hood, fenders, doors, hatch, headliner, carpet, passenger seat, rear seat, shifter knob, exhaust... and leave my spare tire and jack at home! Picture that! I'd be hillbilly pimp and ready to race! Yeehaw!! :bigthumbu

85gtsblackman
04-16-2009, 08:41 AM

imo: there are a few things wrong with this

A: 22re makes more torque than a 5s, ive beaten a 5th gen gt with a 5speed from a stop and held it at bay, this was up to 100mph, but i think i have better gearing due to a 3.90 rear gear

B: they already made a engine with similar chariteristics but it was by far more supperior than the 22re or the 5s, they were the 2rzfe and the 3rzfe, which was kinda like a ka24de but better

C: a 5s is not as durable as a 22re, see how long a 5s last with rod knock vs a 22re with rod knock, yes ive had both cases

this is just imo

grayscale
04-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Doh! try again smart ass.
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/1990-to-1993-toyota-celica-8.htm

5th gen hatch- 2646+
5thgen coupe- 2447+
5thgen vert- 2844+

No one is arguing that a 5th gen is faster or comparable. You need to loose the argumentative attitude. :bigthumbu

mr2trd3
04-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Doh! try again smart ass.
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/1990-to-1993-toyota-celica-8.htm

5th gen hatch- 2646+
5thgen coupe- 2447+
5thgen vert- 2844+

No one is arguing that a 5th gen is faster or comparable. You need to loose the argumentative attitude. :bigthumbu

As a senior member of CT, you do not even know the weights of these cars? LOL.

Those numbers you provided (from an obviously unreliable source) are way off. The numbers I pulled are from Celica-specific forums and sites. Notice how your source doesn't even specify the model and trim?

Sorry to break it to you, "Celica master", but the only lightweight 5th Gen model is the ST coupe (~2500lbs) and this car, by the way, has an even weaker engine than the 5SFE.

You must be one blind fool to believe that a 5th Gen GT/GT-S hatch weighs 2650lbs and a coupe version weighs 2450lb. At the weights you provided (paired with the 5SFE), the 5th Gen should easily break into the low 16 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Guess what? The 5th Gen Celica GT/GT-S does the 1/4 mile in 17.5 seconds. :eek: For comparison sake, a 1996 Acura Integra LS (140hp engine) weighs 2650lbs and crosses the 1/4 mile in 16.0 seconds. See the difference in weight now?

You don't have to believe me, the 5th Gen (GT/GT-S models) is a pretty heavy pig.

H8PVMNT
04-16-2009, 02:59 PM
imo: there are a few things wrong with this

A: 22re makes more torque than a 5s, ive beaten a 5th gen gt with a 5speed from a stop and held it at bay, this was up to 100mph, but i think i have better gearing due to a 3.90 rear gear

B: they already made a engine with similar chariteristics but it was by far more supperior than the 22re or the 5s, they were the 2rzfe and the 3rzfe, which was kinda like a ka24de but better

C: a 5s is not as durable as a 22re, see how long a 5s last with rod knock vs a 22re with rod knock, yes ive had both cases

this is just imo

You are right! I just happen to be swaping a 3RZFE in my '94 pickup. They are amazing and have way more usable touque than the 5s and the 22re put together. :bigthumbu

I wasn't really dogging on the 22re overall, just that the 5s feels more drivable to me. It might just be because it's in a car though.

I've always thought the 22re didn't have squat for pull untill you got above 3500 rpms in stock form but I've have them in 4x4 trucks, not in Celicas, so I would imagine they can move a car down the road way better than a 4x4 pickup with a winch, tools, 500 lbs of extra steel welded onto it and 35 inch tires... I have to admit that even with all that if you re gear your axles properly the 22re still gets 18-20 mpg and goes 80 down the freeway so I guess I shouldn't be down on it.

I've never got any better than 150K out of a 22re though, but that's probably because I'm using them in rock crawling and snow wneeling applications where I tip them over and they get starved for oil at high rpms so I can't fault the engine. I have ran the 22re with a rod knock for about a year, so you have a point there. I haven't ran a 5s long enough to get a rod knock.

celica9303
04-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey Nathan. If your taking about Austin with the black or dark blue(never actually sEen it) gts he is also a member here but not on very often that I know of. If you want a real run for you money let's go 5th Gen to 5th Gen ?
You'll win cuz my cars the pig out of the two...........I'm gonna make a CaL out on tt also

85gtsblackman
04-16-2009, 08:28 PM
You are right! I just happen to be swaping a 3RZFE in my '94 pickup

i demand a write up so i can do this later on, or if i sell my subie soon

22re still gets 18-20 mpg and goes 80 down the freeway so I guess I shouldn't be down on it.

whats really strange is alot of ppl with a 22re even 2wd only get 22ish mpg

i got 32 on my way back from the dragon cruising at 75mph the whole time

my last truck got 25 mixed driving but it was carbbed

Murgatroy
04-17-2009, 04:50 AM
Chaos happens to weigh in at 2300lbs, with me in her. This is from a CAT Truck scale. This was about 8 years ago while she was in bone stock trim. I forget how much fuel she had, so even if we assume it is empty, that is still a nice weight.

grayscale
04-17-2009, 05:36 AM

Those numbers you provided (from an obviously unreliable source) are way off. The numbers I pulled are from Celica-specific forums and sites. Notice how your source doesn't even specify the model and trim?

Sorry to break it to you, "Celica master", but the only lightweight 5th Gen model is the ST coupe (~2500lbs) and this car, by the way, has an even weaker engine than the 5SFE.

You must be one blind fool to believe that a 5th Gen GT/GT-S hatch weighs 2650lbs and a coupe version weighs 2450lb. At the weights you provided (paired with the 5SFE), the 5th Gen should easily break into the low 16 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Guess what? The 5th Gen Celica GT/GT-S does the 1/4 mile in 17.5 seconds. :eek: For comparison sake, a 1996 Acura Integra LS (140hp engine) weighs 2650lbs and crosses the 1/4 mile in 16.0 seconds. See the difference in weight now?

You don't have to believe me, the 5th Gen (GT/GT-S models) is a pretty heavy pig.
Actually I do know the weights. For shits and giggles I went and weighed my '92 GTS today for you. Minor weight reduction, to the tune of maybe 85lbs, full tank of gas with about 2.5 miles driven, a full size spare, and myself, weighed in at 2820lbs. My GTS is fully loaded, leather, Sys10 and all. Unfortunately, the numbers you provided are from unreliable sources. The ones I provided come from a car reviewer that gets their info from the manufacturer as all other ones do such as caranddriver and motortrend, and so on, considered reliable sources. And now I've given you real life proof.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, I am a "Celica Master" here, so enjoy your week off from our fair community.

celica91gts
04-17-2009, 05:50 AM

how does the 5th gen gt weigh more then the 5th gen gt-s in any year?

a_mounty
04-18-2009, 02:09 PM
dang i thought this shiz was locked..... :popcorn:

T-spoon
04-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Nope, it's not locked, the idiot is just taking a little vacation. In order to start posting the sort of things he does on a celica technical forum, he's going to have to be right more often, or at least lose the 'tude. Lots of 5th gens and 6th gens with 5SFEs ARE in the low 16s btw... and some auto 7th gen GT-S are also.. My stock 90 Alltrac handled an auto 7gen from stop to high speeds so.. yeah... bench racing ftl, especially if using incorrect information and assumptions.

wizzards581
04-21-2009, 02:11 AM
wow... my friend has a 99 celica GT w/ 5sfe 5spd, cold air intake, headers, exhaust... it was hard for him to pass my wifes 03 matrix XR w/ auto 1zzfe... and we are talking 6sd 2zzge here? we all know wats the truth. post vids.

T-spoon
04-21-2009, 03:34 AM
wow... my friend has a 99 celica GT w/ 5sfe 5spd, cold air intake, headers, exhaust... it was hard for him to pass my wifes 03 matrix XR w/ auto 1zzfe... and we are talking 6sd 2zzge here? we all know wats the truth. post vids.

Um, I raced a friend's Matrix 1zz many times in my 6gen... even once when I had a bent valve.. Something wrong if a 99 GT 5spd has trouble.

When you're bench racing, you have to remember not every driver is equal, nor is every car equal, even if they started pretty much that way from the factory. Any car that isn't brand new can be a variety of performance levels under what it started with, the longer you go, the more likely that is. 1ZZs are revier than a 5sfe, but they have NOTHING on the 5s torque. My MRS could only get itself moving with the 1zz because it didn't weigh a lot. Matrix are considerably heavier.

ciento44
04-28-2009, 08:43 PM

Hey guess what? I broke into the low 16s, VERY HIGH 15s on my stock 5th gen celica!

<EDIT>

Hrmmm./... after reading the rest of this, i feel bad for bringing this back up.

mr2trd3
04-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey guess what? I broke into the low 16s, VERY HIGH 15s on my stock 5th gen celica!

<EDIT>

Hrmmm./... after reading the rest of this, i feel bad for bringing this back up.

I'm not going to say that you're lying, but I find it extremely difficult to believe that your stock 5th Gen can do the 1/4 mile at nearly the same pace as the Celica Alltrac (read: stock Celica Alltrac does 1/4 mile in 15.2 seconds). If the additional 70HP, 60 lbft of torque, and 4WD traction accounts for only 0.8 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile, my logic must be flawed.

I bet if Vip drove your stock 5th Gen down the strip, he'd break 12's.

grayscale
04-28-2009, 11:05 PM
He had about 600-700lbs on the stock trac, makes a big difference.;)

mr2trd3
04-29-2009, 01:54 PM
He had about 600-700lbs on the stock trac, makes a big difference.;)

Wow. I cannot you people are arguing that a stock 5SFE-powered 5th Gen CAN be bracketed in the same class as the Alltrac. Am I completely delusional or are some of you CT guys the sons of Vip09?

Cool beans, I never knew I had such a fast race car. Woot woot. Claim what you will, but no one will believe you, even the newbs on CT know better :):):)

T-spoon
04-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Wow. I cannot you people are arguing that a stock 5SFE-powered 5th Gen CAN be bracketed in the same class as the Alltrac. Am I completely delusional or are some of you CT guys the sons of Vip09?

Cool beans, I never knew I had such a fast race car. Woot woot. Claim what you will, but no one will believe you, even the newbs on CT know better :):):)

Stock alltracs are not particularly fast. Neither are stock MR2s. Most people will not go low 16s and high 15s in a 5s celica, but some will. If you're going to suggest that every car of the same type will run exactly the same times, and that the average is the fastest any of them will go at any altitude in any weather with any driver on any tires, then pretty much nothing else you say in this forum is going to hold any water whatsoever.

You see yourself as a big fish in a little pond here, but what you really are is a doofus splashing around in a kiddie pool by yourself while the grownups chuckle politely nearby at their barbeque. Get with the program or just get. Your attitude is garbage and your knowlege is only slightly better.

mr2trd3
04-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Stock alltracs are not particularly fast. Neither are stock MR2s. Most people will not go low 16s and high 15s in a 5s celica, but some will. If you're going to suggest that every car of the same type will run exactly the same times, and that the average is the fastest any of them will go at any altitude in any weather with any driver on any tires, then pretty much nothing else you say in this forum is going to hold any water whatsoever.

You see yourself as a big fish in a little pond here, but what you really are is a doofus splashing around in a kiddie pool by yourself while the grownups chuckle politely nearby at their barbeque. Get with the program or just get. Your attitude is garbage and your knowlege is only slightly better.

Nothing can be said to prove to you that it is IMPOSSIBLE to do a sub-16 seconds 1/4 mile pass in a stock 5S-powered 5th Gen Celica. No matter the given altitude, weather, (not tires because the poster claimed stock car, drag radials would obviously negate that claim), etc.

Some of you are simply impossible. Like Vip09 impossible.

Let's just agree to disagree.

KoreanJoey
04-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Let's just agree to disagree.

K so STFU.

Trance4c
04-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Claim what you will, but no one will believe you, even the newbs on CT know better :):):)

Dude, seriously.. you are all over the board I look today, wtf?

Yes, as I hope the noobs will take the information we provide as your 'internet searched' weights are laughable. The weights provided for the spec and gen by the mods are much more accurate.

Your searching the internets for answers to one up people here shows your ignorance and child-like manner. The people posting have had much more experience.

I'll agree to disagree with you because your a dumbass. Dumbass.

The GT and GTS are weighted different as most GTS's are more equipped ='s more weight. A non-electric window, non-electric mirror GT would be nearly identical to an ST of the same trim line, the only difference would be any weight from the engine and related assembly.

Have you read any of our stickeys regarding this fact? That are LOADS more trim levels in the Celica family then even the ones being discussed.

An who brought up comparison of a 7th gen GTS? Obviously, those are not the same weight and power out-put. The 7th gen GTS, specifically the 00-01 versions, were made to be the best that they could be for what they are. Its of no reference to a 5th gen of any trim level.

Zip it up little guy. The OP did ask, wasn't he suppose to beat him? an as you saw everyone said yes. Anything else you would care to rehash?

mr2trd3
04-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Dude, seriously.. you are all over the board I look today, wtf?

Well, this is the thread that started my questions...

go figure.

I'll agree to disagree with you because your a dumbass. Dumbass.

Okay...and you drive a Fast and Furious wanabe looking Celica. Whoopdeedoo!

Zip it up little guy. The OP did ask, wasn't he suppose to beat him? an as you saw everyone said yes. Anything else you would care to rehash?

Um...wasn't rehashing. Someone chimed in with a ridiculous claim. Just putting in my 2 cents. Why are you asshurt?

ps. lose the tacky body kit/wing/paint/etc....

Trance4c
04-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Well, this is the thread that started my questions...

go figure.

Okay...and you drive a Fast and Furious wanabe looking Celica. Whoopdeedoo!

Um...wasn't rehashing. Someone chimed in with a ridiculous claim. Just putting in my 2 cents. Why are you asshurt?

ps. lose the tacky body kit/wing/paint/etc....

awww.. look at that! He thinks I haven't heard any of that before!!

OMG NOOOOOOSSS Not the bodykit!!

:laugh:

Here fishy fishy

a_mounty
04-30-2009, 12:52 AM
dang this shiz is still floating round here?

lololol

celica9303
04-30-2009, 04:20 AM
Yep......,pok what your thread turned into ........0when you gonna be in T-town next?

wizzards581
05-01-2009, 06:40 AM
have another re-run and post video...

partyball
05-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Must be the insult of the week. A guy at work apparently called the 7th gen a fast and the furious wannabe lol.

awww.. look at that! He thinks I haven't heard any of that before!!

OMG NOOOOOOSSS Not the bodykit!!

:laugh:

Here fishy fishy

a_mounty
05-03-2009, 03:03 PM
have another re-run and post video...

i might have to do that.....

and im in t town everyday now.
specially now that the sign shop is up and running....

celica9303
05-03-2009, 07:02 PM
i might have to do that.....

and im in t town everyday now.
specially now that the sign shop is up and running....

Very cool. We should both run him at the same time lol

a_mounty
05-04-2009, 04:35 AM
that could be fun....

you beat up on him first then i beat up on him then i beat up on you :d

importrcr13
05-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I've owned both. here's how it would go, from off the line until about 3rd gear you would be ahead, then after about 50-60mph he would pull ahead for the win. I think the celica 7th gen has A LOT more top end

I'd like to see a vid though :)

celica9303
05-05-2009, 05:00 AM
It would be fun. I was thinking more on the lines of a 3 lane battle where I beat up on both of you with the top down .....well maybe my car is having shifting issues

vip09
05-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Well I'll put the PowerFC back in my 7th gen and we will get a 3way going!

a_mounty
05-06-2009, 11:31 PM
well it was kinda of a roll from 50ish and i was slowly pulling on him the whole time :shrug:

its a celica trans of course its gonna have shifting issues. mine doesnt like third... TT- boostangs is the same way.....

i get everyone on the 1-2 shift........