PDA

View Full Version : ATS Racing drag challenge questions

ATSAaron
04-10-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm considering doing a drag challenge for Celicas. We did this for MR2's running ATS turbo kits last year and had a ton of fun. Basically we paid out $$$ to the QUICKEST verified ET run on an ATS TD06 kit between April and October of 2008.

I'm thinking a CT27 class that pays $300. I'm trying to decide how to try and level the playing field between FWD and AWD cars. The FWD cars certainly have the advantage in weight, but the AWD cars have the advantage in traction.

How do you guys feel about a .3-.5 second penalty towards the AWD cars?

Or how about drag radials allowed on FWD cars, but AWD cars have to run a street tire of minimum 200 treadwear?

Thanks,

Aaron

CPincy
04-10-2009, 12:48 AM
I think this is a neat idea!

i prolly wont be able to participate though because my ct-27 blew a oil seal out and my motor is now out of the car for a build...

Trance4c
04-10-2009, 02:32 PM
I like the idea! I think we should pass this on to the alltrac.net and 6gc board too!

The FWD / AWD is an interesting issue. Not sure if a penalty or different rubber is the best solution but there does have to be a solution.

If its a penalty, I think .5 is too big, .3 might be acceptable.

+1 for bookmark, lets see how much interest ATS gets!

Lonestag
04-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Though I'm a NA guy, I think this competition would be amazing.
Count me in as an eager spectator.

CPincy
04-11-2009, 03:21 AM
personally i dont think there should be any time penalty..i think the FWD should be allowed to use drag slicks where as the AWD can only use normal tires