PDA

View Full Version : speed sensor question on 3sgte

super zeek
04-09-2009, 03:43 AM
im in a middle of a swap on my celica st and noticed that my car has a gear driven speedo cable and the motor im putting in has a speed sensor do any other celicas have speed sensors in them or can anybody give me tips on how to swap the sensor out of the trans for a gear driven cable cause i have looked everywhere on the net to do it that would be great

alltracman78
04-09-2009, 03:46 PM
What trans are you replacing it with?

You might be able to pull the gear assy from your trans and install it in the new one.

super zeek
04-12-2009, 12:42 AM
im not sure what trans it has it might be the e153 cause it says tranction control on the intake manifold.

joe's gt
04-12-2009, 06:58 AM
Are you putting in a 2nd or 3rd gen 3sgte? 3rd gen came with electric speed sensor I believe and very late model jdm 2nd gens came with one as well. When I did my swap, my 2nd gen was a late 93, maybe early 94 and had an electric speedo sensor.

What are you doing for your tranny? Converting the awd, using the stock n/a tranny, or e153 from camry/solara/mr2?

Whichever tranny you get hopefully will come with the speedo cable. Otherwise you could pull one from a junkyard or go to the dealer.

super zeek
04-13-2009, 12:52 AM
thats what i think it is to cause i just got an mr2 clip which i regret doing cause of hard to find parts, but i think it has the e153 trans cause it said traction control on the intake manifold

joe's gt
04-13-2009, 03:44 AM
Yup, got to get a cable from the junker or the dealer, as well as modifying the shift linkage. Bunch of stuff about it in the Forced Induction forum stickies.