PDA

View Full Version : mr2 lsd tranny what do i need?

02bluerolla
04-07-2009, 11:11 PM
hey guys I have 2nd gen swap on my 95 celica, i was wondering what do i need to put in the mr2 lsd tranny. I heard I needed different axels is this corrrect? and what clutch and pressure plate do i use? thanks

joe's gt
04-08-2009, 12:34 AM
mr2 inners and all trac outers for axles.

I have a SPEC clutch and love it. Depending on how much power your planning on and how your going to be driving it you are gonna have to decide between a puck clutch or a street disc.

As for application, I am not really sure on that. I assume the all-trac and mr2 turbo clutches are the same considering they are almost the same transmission, but I don't know for sure on that, so wait for someone else's opinion on that.

burnyd
04-08-2009, 12:55 AM
^^ Alltrac/mr2/solara v6 clutches all the same.....

bluerolla if you look at the stickies there are detailed information there as far as conversion parts for this swap.... if you still have everything left over from your st185 swap in that car from the awd tranns the more the better because you will atleast need the Shifter linkage from the top of the transmission.... the hardest part in your situation is going to be able to find MR2 LSD Inners axles......

02bluerolla
04-08-2009, 01:23 AM
what the difference between inner axles and regular axels..... sorry about he dump question ......
I have found the left side axle at a local store, specifically for the lsd tranny

02bluerolla
04-08-2009, 01:35 AM
^^ Alltrac/mr2/solara v6 clutches all the same.....

bluerolla if you look at the stickies there are detailed information there as far as conversion parts for this swap.... if you still have everything left over from your st185 swap in that car from the awd tranns the more the better because you will atleast need the Shifter linkage from the top of the transmission.... the hardest part in your situation is going to be able to find MR2 LSD Inners axles......

really? that would great, where are the stickies, sorry am not really good with computers lol

joe's gt
04-08-2009, 06:08 AM
stickies are in the forced induction forum.

The all trac inners are shorter because of the transfer case. Also, I don't think they work with LSD. You need the mr2 inner lsd axles because the passenger one has a carrier bearing with a bracket that bolts to the block.

I don't know all the differences between the two.

Bottom line: you NEED the mr2 LSD inners and the all trac outers

Carolina91GT-S
04-08-2009, 12:17 PM
The axles are really assemblies of more than one part. The "inner" axles get inserted into the XMSN and are about 6" long. The "outer" axles bolt to the inner axles with allen head bolts (6 I think, maybe 8) at the round part of the axle that would be the largest diameter portion. Basically the hybrid axle is an MR2 "inner" so it mates to the XMSN and the Alltrac "outer" so it mates to your hub. Easier than it sounds.

Warning....be sure to torque these bolts properly when fabricating your hybrid axles. I drove the 500 mile clutch break in period and checked these bolts, all of them were hand tight or looser, some were backed out 1/8"

BoostedBlueToyotas
04-20-2009, 01:31 AM
Posted in your other thread. Also (its probably in the sticky) I believe that the outer
axles are used by a lot of other cars (namely camrys). It the passenger side inner that
is special