PDA

View Full Version : anyone with a wideband or wideband experience...help

lalojamesliz
04-05-2009, 01:59 AM
i installed my autometer wideband guage today. wow :eek: now i see why use up gas so fast. when i take off from a stop with only boosting around 3-4 mabey 5 psi my wideband guage was showing in the 10's but when just cruising its around high 14's. when i accelerate and start boosting low while im cruising it stays in the 14's :wtf: is this normal

joe's gt
04-05-2009, 03:00 AM
Sounds normal to me. Someone with more tuning experience should chime in though. When cruising that's right around where you want to be for maximum fuel economy because that is the stochiometric ratio where all of the fuel burns completely.

As for seeing afrs in the 10's upon sudden, harsh acceleration, I believe that is the acceleration enrichment in the ecu compensating for the sudden increase in air so you don't end up running lean and detonating.

From the descriptions you gave, your engine and ecu sound like they are performing as expected fuel mixture wise.

Kastigir
04-05-2009, 05:10 AM
Seems about right. Turbo cars usually run pig rich because it's safer that way.

lalojamesliz
04-05-2009, 02:57 PM
thanks guys :bigthumbu i found someone to tune my all-trac last night, heard nothing but great things about him. im hoping when he tunes my all-trac, this running really rich crap stops

vip09
04-05-2009, 03:53 PM
What engine management are you using?

lalojamesliz
04-05-2009, 09:49 PM
stock :(

Shadowlife25
04-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Then what exactly are you going to "tune" with?

joe's gt
04-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Tuning to mask problems isn't a very good idea. If your running the stock ecu, and your running rich (which by your description sounds like the ecu is acting totally normal and not running rich) then you should find out what's causing it to run rich and not try to tune around the problem.

lalojamesliz
04-06-2009, 03:20 PM
i thought you can have the stock ecu tuned to not run rich like it does? what needs to be figured out joe's gt if its normal for the stock ecu to run rich? oh well, time to start saving for the aftermarket ecu.

ChrisD
04-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Yes it's normal for the stock ecu to run rich. Your description sounds about normal. There are a few things you can do to "tune" the stock ecu, but they mostly involve tricking it into thinking less air is going in the engine...the downside is that it also adjusts the timing maps for increased ignition advance, which you don't really want.

lalojamesliz
04-06-2009, 10:09 PM
oh, did not know that. i thought you can change a few things that can help it run better. oh well