PDA

View Full Version : So my ST...

Freshnicity
04-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Is the biggest pain in the world.

I leave it for 4 days without driving while im out of town, come back, its got a radiator leak, how? who knows.

I buy it a brand new radiator for $75 from ebay, i get it about 6 days later, i put it in yesterday, car runs great, drove it to my gfs, no issues.

I go outside this morning to pull it accorss the street so i can wash it, and hey, guess what, flat tire. Yay.

IT...NEVER...ENDS.

I own the ST from hell. ahfuahdfjahd. So pissed. Now i got to drop another $20-25 to get it a tire, just so i can have a car till i can pay the GT's fee's.

...i hate cars.

/end rant.

andy
04-03-2009, 09:59 PM
hahahha, sometimes it just piles on, usually for me things break when i buy something else for the damn thing.

zmile06
04-03-2009, 11:26 PM
I replaced an engine on my ST, biggest pain was replacing the wheel bearing i think 2 or 3 times on the passenger side. I still don't know why it has gone bad so much. I think it's finally fixed right though.

bloodMoney
04-03-2009, 11:44 PM
You probably over-torqued it. Its either that, or they were pressed in crooked.

mar_phi6
04-03-2009, 11:46 PM
its better than a car payment i use to hate my st but i like fixing it so far nothing failed me yet

zmile06
04-03-2009, 11:59 PM
I look at it this way i've replaced almost everything on my celica ST, it's pretty much brand new now except for the interior.

KM
04-04-2009, 12:48 AM
I look at it this way i've replaced almost everything on my celica ST, it's pretty much brand new now except for the interior.

You might as well disassemble the interior then and fix any imperfections.
I turned my grey interior to black for about $50 and a few days of paint drying time.

vndk2r
04-04-2009, 04:26 AM
Is the biggest pain in the world.

I leave it for 4 days without driving while im out of town, come back, its got a radiator leak, how? who knows.

I buy it a brand new radiator for $75 from ebay, i get it about 6 days later, i put it in yesterday, car runs great, drove it to my gfs, no issues.

I go outside this morning to pull it accorss the street so i can wash it, and hey, guess what, flat tire. Yay.

IT...NEVER...ENDS.

I own the ST from hell. ahfuahdfjahd. So pissed. Now i got to drop another $20-25 to get it a tire, just so i can have a car till i can pay the GT's fee's.

...i hate cars.

/end rant.

dont feel too bad, but i feel your pain. My ST needs clutch, rack, both drive axles, power steering pump and all 4 struts, not to mention the accident that i rear ended a 06' forerunner. front bumper needs to change (which i already bought, the RC one), the hood and the cf piece between them.

Freshnicity
04-04-2009, 04:29 AM
well im selling mine lol

$250 takes it.

grayscale
04-04-2009, 05:03 AM
So post it up in the selling forum.:bigthumbu

Freshnicity
04-04-2009, 05:07 AM
So post it up in the selling forum.:bigthumbu

Man after pics, and the list of whats wrong with it.

No one will buy lol

I was just ranting on how much it hates me

grayscale
04-04-2009, 05:08 AM
You never know, some one might want it for a parts car at that price.

Freshnicity
04-04-2009, 05:10 AM
eh ill post it after I register the GT.

We'll see

85gtsblackman
04-04-2009, 05:53 AM
i had the worst st ever, ask clayton.

Murgatroy
04-04-2009, 04:29 PM
And I have the best ST ever.

david in germany
04-04-2009, 07:21 PM
And I have the best ST ever.
Besides mine.

Cavanagh
04-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Nah I had the best, and so far I feel that zmile06 has the worst

Freshnicity
04-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Yeah well this zone, has seen it all.

Im pretty sure the previous owner hated this car.

And im pretty sure the car is taking it out on me.

She doesnt know that soon, she will be a junkie

jgraf87
04-06-2009, 01:30 AM
a little info on the car?

do you still have it?
is it man. or auto?
if auto, how is the trans.?

the reason i'm asking is because i have been fighting with my st for about three months now and i'm kinda thinking i'm about to lose.i recently changed out the rack. (pita). then i noticed the driverside axle needed to changed. after replacing that i started to hear a knocking sound as i make a right turn. when i turn left it goes away.
replaced the ball joints due to ripped boots and almost no more grease. noise still there. replaced both struts both axles replaced the ball joints replaced the brakes while i was at it. the noise is still there. so for the last three months i have been spending money on this pos and nothing is getting better then to say that i have new parts. i called a friend of mine over who is a mech. for lexus and toyota and he drove it around for a little bit trying to figure out what might be wrong. so conclusion is that he strongly feels their is something really wrong with the diff. it was so bad that we raised the front and put it in drive and as we turned the wheel from left to right i thought my car was going to just fall apart. so now i need a trans or i have to possibly get rid of it. and i'd rathere not do that if i dont have to.

Freshnicity
04-06-2009, 02:15 AM
its a 92 Toyota Celica ST, 5spd manual.

My transmission grinds in second gear if you put it in to fast, i can shift without grinding it, but it has a bad synchro.

So yeah, theres that info

jgraf87
04-06-2009, 03:00 AM
well that sucks. thanks for the info. i'm still not sure what to do with it. i've thought of a few different things i can do but haven't made a decision yet.

Freshnicity
04-06-2009, 03:12 AM
Just buy my car and fix it up lol.

mar_phi6
04-06-2009, 04:02 AM
dont give up seems like everyone jjust throwing away metal

Freshnicity
04-06-2009, 04:07 AM
This car is not really repairable, by me anyway.

It needs so much work, and i just cant afford to keep it anymore. Its more trouble then its worth atm, its going to be gone as soon as the GT is registered and really to roll.

I dont WANT to get rid of it, but, its just how things are, if i had more money, i'd bring it back to life, but right now, its just not worth it.

jgraf87
04-06-2009, 04:42 AM
i've spent almost all my money on trying to get my car back on the road. and what makes it harder to decide what to do with it is im moving around may 18

zmile06
04-06-2009, 07:08 AM
it's pointless to buy a car and ditch it when it has problems. The next car won't be much better off unless you spend a lot more money, or find a GREAT deal. I will admit i probable should of junked my celica a year ago, but it being my first car i love it too much.

I have replaced everything from the engine to the trunk lid. The only thing that makes me feel it was worth the countless money i've spent on it's pretty freaking reliable. I've seen car in the junkyard in better shape then my celica at one point. The only thing that would get me to junk my celica right now is if the quarter panels rusted again... I had that fixed before i painted it, if that rust again i might junk it if i can't fix it for 50 bucks.