PDA

View Full Version : How do I find out what size my turbo is

buffalohunter7321
03-28-2009, 02:07 AM
The stock turbo is in the rear of the car and a brite shinny new one is on the motor. This is on my 4th gen 3sgte alltrac. I need to get another downcomer pipe for it. There is some kind of pipe on it but is only about 12" long, and has no connection or what so ever means, to put another pipe to it, unless you weld it on! Does all downcommer pipes fit all 3sgte engine's? I'am asumming it would go by what turbo is on the car. Just got this car and have no knowlege what so ever of what to do! Need help on getting my alltrac on the road. Thanks...buffalohunter7321

RedRkt01
03-28-2009, 07:14 PM
bump

Rick89GTS
03-31-2009, 04:38 AM
Sounds like you may be missing part of the stock elbow or downpipe.
Downpipes are gen-specific and not interchangeable without modifications.

Does teh turbo have "CT26" cast into it?
How many bolts on the exhaust side? That will help us identify it.

If you can, post some pics, it'll make it easier to assist you.

Shadowlife25
03-31-2009, 04:44 AM
^^ Agreed, a picture would be invaluable in helping us see exactly what you mean.

You have a 1st gen 3SGTE in your 4th gen AllTrac. That engine has a single entry CT26 turbine stock.

Also, PLEASE update your information. We have no year and model listing for your car. This makes for unnecessary questions and having to answer them repeatedly.

Thanks.

T-spoon
04-01-2009, 07:33 PM
^^ Agreed, a picture would be invaluable in helping us see exactly what you mean.

You have a 1st gen 3SGTE in your 4th gen AllTrac. That engine has a single entry CT26 turbine stock.

Also, PLEASE update your information. We have no year and model listing for your car. This makes for unnecessary questions and having to answer them repeatedly.

Thanks.

Again, just to reinforce what Shadow is saying, we're ASSUMING you have a 1st gen 3sgte since that's what came in the car, but really, need more info since that could have changed.

buffalohunter7321
04-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I am no good at this computer stuff. I reliy on my wife to post the pic's. She has done it on here befor but can not remember how she did it. So if some one could explain on how to post pic's for her to post them, she will try and do it again for me. Now back to the turbo. It has six bolts on the exhaust side, there is no casting marks of any kind on it. I don't think that the stock down pipe would have a brite shine to it, would it? What is on this car has a shine to it, but discolored fron heat.

Rick89GTS
04-02-2009, 08:23 PM
I already posted several times, step-by-step, how to post pics.
Check some of your other threads for the details and most sites have a self -help "How To Post Pics" section.

The 165 came 4 bolts on the turbo; sounds like you have the 2nd Gen turbo or possibly the entire 2nd Gen 3SGTE motor from the 185. If your DP is shiny and is one piece, it's probably an aftermarket. The 165 DP is cast iron and rusty, lol. Did you get those pics I sent you?