PDA

View Full Version : how much would you pay

poprock5sfe
03-25-2009, 11:56 AM
so i was wondering how much people would pay to have there blocks hot tanked, crank turned, fly wheel turned and lightened, any damaged to the block fixed??

any help would be good,i am paying 550 to get all that done. If this is a good price i would like to no.

tuner4life
03-25-2009, 12:22 PM
that doesn't seem too awfuly bad, but I have never had this done so I really dont know for sure.

mr2trd3
03-25-2009, 01:09 PM
If this is being done on a 5SFE, I'd like to know why you want all that done. If you need an engine replacement, the 5S is a dime a dozen. You can probably find a used 5SFE for less than $550. Hell, for that price, you could probably pick up a used Gen2 3SGE.

Murgatroy
03-25-2009, 01:13 PM
It has been a few years since I have had any machine work done, but that sounds reasonable.

andy
03-25-2009, 04:50 PM
sounds good to me, prob most of the cost was in the damage repair.

poprock5sfe
03-26-2009, 02:36 AM
thanks for the info every one. it is not a 5s, its a 4 g. but you may all no c pincy, he is building a 5s, he will be taking his block in for his rebuild at the same place, and be having close to the same thing done to his 5s. I keep trying to get him to pull the motor on his celica. His 5s will be one fast car when its done, and i have respect for his build , but we have a grudge match going on, feel free to harass him about getting his motor out, cause i know all you celica lovers would hate to see a 4g rip on one :). thanks again every one for the info.

CPincy
03-26-2009, 03:28 AM
btw he means 4g63 dick sucking motor

Grot
03-26-2009, 03:39 AM
arent those HORRIBLY unreliable?

My vote is for the 5s

joe's gt
03-26-2009, 06:00 AM
btw he means 4g63 dick sucking motor

If this is true there is absolutely no point in doing what your doing for that motor. That expense would only be necessary for a project build or equivalent.

CPincy
03-26-2009, 03:42 PM
arent those HORRIBLY unreliable?

for the most part yes

If this is true there is absolutely no point in doing what your doing for that motor. That expense would only be necessary for a project build or equivalent.

And his dsm is a project build so its justified

Freshnicity
03-26-2009, 03:50 PM
5sfte ftw son!.

CPincy if you lose im flying out Ohio and kicking your ass!!!...no offense..

poprock5sfe
03-26-2009, 04:02 PM
its getting fully rebuilt, manly rods, pistons, heads getting redone, ported, gt35, ms, 850 injectors, high flow fuel pump, stage 2 or 3 clutch.

This is why we need to work on your car c pincy.

and i do like the celica, it makes people pee them self at 140mph :duh:

poprock5sfe
03-26-2009, 04:06 PM
5sfte ftw son!.

CPincy if you lose im flying out Ohio and kicking your ass!!!...no offense..

c pincys crazy, and he knows how to drive, if he ever gets the car done that is.

I guess its ok cause he does not want to work in the cold, but i say fuc! the cold, love your car, c pincy :wtf: pull the damn motor :) i will help

CPincy
03-26-2009, 09:02 PM
c pincys crazy, and he knows how to drive, if he ever gets the car done that is.

I guess its ok cause he does not want to work in the cold, but i say fuc! the cold, love your car, c pincy :wtf: pull the damn motor :) i will help

well hey i worked on it a little bit...i pulled the turbo off that counts?

haha come over sometime and help me push it back in the garage and i'll get the engine hoist from work since its finally starting to warm up

vip09
03-27-2009, 03:54 AM
I just got my stuff back from the machine shop.

It cost $440 total for:

Head tanked
Head resurfaced
Block tanked
Block decked
Block bored and honed
Crank polished
Rotating assembly balanced

poprock5sfe
03-27-2009, 04:50 AM
well hey i worked on it a little bit...i pulled the turbo off that counts?

haha come over sometime and help me push it back in the garage and i'll get the engine hoist from work since its finally starting to warm up

i pulled the damn turbo off!!! :ohyeah:

damn that's a good price