PDA

View Full Version : Turbo rebuild

J.F. Allen
03-18-2005, 03:27 AM
My turbo has a leak on the compressor side of the unit, as a result I was looking for solutions on ebay (seem to be doing that more and more these days.) Anyway found this item (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7961485789&fromMakeTrack=true) Do you guys reckon its worth it, or better off sourcing a good second hand unit.

Just found this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7962155395&category=33742&sspagename=WDVW) seems ok.

Cheers
Jordan

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
03-18-2005, 09:40 PM
toymods.org.au check it
guy there is selling an disassembled and cleaned ct26 for $200 disassembled, or $250 assembled. Worth it imho.

I have mine up for sale as well.

Fraggle
03-19-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm just changing my ct26 out for a ct20b and the found the gasket on the exhaust side was cracked - so even if you get a second hand unit you may find you need to replace some seals.

My gasket is gonna cost me $88 alone... the ct20b cost me $750.

I'll sell my ct26 for $150 bucks... but I'm in Melbourne. It's done 95,000kms and still works well. I will check for any shaft play after I've changed out the turbo see if that price is reasonable. It's a twin entry... is that what your looking for?

Toyo pro in East keilor Melbourne, where I bought my ct20b, had 6 ct26's for sale! Surely they let one go cheap!

If you've got a spare $1000 high-flow the bitch! If you can change the turbo out yourself I'd put in a second hand unit... very cheap way to get the car working again since you can pick up ct26 so cheaply.

Those seal sets on ebay look kinda expensive for no turbo. But given how much I'm gonna pay for one gasket I can see why.

Quite a of info on this site about turbo change over and so forth... try the search function - I found heaps of stuff that way.

J.F. Allen
03-23-2005, 02:59 AM
I've messaged that chap on Toymods and waiting for a reply. If it's no deal then depending on the condition of yours I might verywell be interested.

Cheers
Jordan