PDA

View Full Version : Back on the road...kinda

20v Blacktop ST
03-12-2009, 03:33 PM
So I wound up selling the Emanage, just didn't need it right now. Running the blacktop head on the silvertop block with a 5-spd LSD tranny and threw in a .8mm TRD headgasket. Couldn't drive it for a while due to a leak at the rear water inlet caused by a creased gasket, which I flattened and used sealant to close off. Also the VVT Solenoid on the front of the head got bent during the swap, so I had to wait on a new one. Now that I'm driving it, the exhaust sounds deeper than before which is much appreciated. But as always theres a down side. The water pump on the new block is dead, and I can't use my old one off the blacktop so now I have to wait for a new one and who knows how long that'll take to find. I can still drive it short distances, about 10 miles before I worry about the temp, so I not totally SOL for the time being. The wheel on the pump sounds like a damn supercharger when I hit wide open throttle, and the radiator got pretty hot(about blinded me when I released the pressure on the cap).

90CelicaST
03-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Why can't you use your old pump? The pump itself is the same throughout the 4AG, it's just the back half that is different(according to members on MR2OC). 16100-19245 is the part number for a silvertop pump.

Glad to see an update though :D

20v Blacktop ST
03-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Because the timing belt tension is a spring on the silvertop block and a piston style tensioner on the blacktop block. It interferes when mounting the blacktop pump onto a silvertop block, I already tried back when I had the engine out, it sucks. Thanks for the part # but I already have all that info, it's actually sourcing out a new one that gets tough. I go through Cabe Toyota in Long Beach for that kind of stuff, hopefully they have one in stock, otherwise it's gonna be a long wait.

90CelicaST
03-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Ah, that sucks man. Hope you can get a new one soon.

20v Blacktop ST
03-16-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm being told over on club4ag.com that with very little grind work on the housing it'll fit. So I guess I'll find out whenever I can find somewhere to swap the pump out, moved to my inlaws and I can't do it there due to their driveway being at an incline. How incredibly arduous, F me in the goat ass.