PDA

View Full Version : Where wud i get a gud set of sparkplugs and wires?

C€lica
03-10-2009, 06:40 PM
I hav a 94 2.0i jap import .where wud i get sum gud sparkplugs and leads? Need help. Car keeps chuggin, losin and gainin power, tis car just bought a week ago had not bein drivn in 2 years and had a brokn drivers window taped up wit a black bag. Wud d rain getn in d window hav anyting 2 do wit it? Help me im stumped

Luni
03-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Rain in the window wouldnt affect the way your car runs.

Is your car a turbo or not? You should be able to get a good set of wires from a local toyota dealership, but the plugs Id recommend depend if youre turbo or not.

C€lica
03-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Wel shes not a turbo lad!

H8PVMNT
03-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Nipponsendo Iridium from Toyota and a set of stock Toyota wires with a stock Toyota cap and rotor.

I tried the Nology hotwires and silver plugs and they are cool and look nice but my milage just droped from 32 mpg to 25 mpg after running them for about 25K miles. They were good while they lasted but I've heard they don't last very long so I assume that's why my milage just dropped off... I should have gone with Toyota...

grayscale
03-12-2009, 12:17 AM
A local Toyota dealership would have the best parts for ya, but they're a bit spendy.
Do you have any car parts stores near ya? Prices would be a bit better but not as good quality some times.
Did the car happen to have any old gas in it when you started it up the first time? That might be a bit of the problem there.

C€lica
03-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Wud tat be a problem? Startn it wit old gas .im goin in to the local garage tomorrow and il let ye know how i get on . Sound

C€lica
03-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Cant get d plugs out there is a rubber ring around the plug cant get the socket down on the plug. Is there rubber yokes around the end of the plug leads tat didnt cum out wit leads??? Help

Shadowlife25
03-15-2009, 03:30 AM
The rubber ring is most likely from the socket used to remove them. Slide the plug socket back over the plug in question and see if it comes out properly.

Galcobar
03-15-2009, 07:17 AM
C€lica, are you attempting to replicate some sort of accent in print? It's rather offputting.

As to your issue, the spark plug wires can sometimes lose the rubber seal off the end of the rigid end of the wire. Or to put it another way, the end of the wire which connects to the spark plug ends in a plastic tube with a round piece of rubber, about a centimetre high, at the tip. If it comes off and is stuck in the tube, then the wires really could use replacing.

I used a long paper clip with a bent tip to fish the rubber seal out of the tube when this happened to me. It is easiest to use a very long, thin screwdriver to push the edge of the seal away from the side of the tube and then slip the wire down and in.

C€lica
03-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Got the rubber tube off the end of the lead out. I tought of a good idea was to put superglue on the end of the lead and to pop it down in towards the rubber tube, poped it in waited for half an hour and they came out very easy. I got new plugs and wires and am in the process of doin it now.

PittsburghCeli
03-20-2009, 08:32 PM
http://www.pulstar.com/

I just came across these plasma pulse plugs today. $25/plug but they are eco friendly. lol

Shadowlife25
03-20-2009, 09:40 PM
The result: The improved combustion efficiency burns fuel sooner and more effectively, which equals improved mpg, less CO2 based emissions, and better overall drivability. Even the green get greener! For example, in this EPA US06 fuel consumption lab test, even the icon of fuel economy and eco-friendliness- the Toyota Prius- saw notable improvements in mpg.

^^WTF? Do not want.

C€lica
03-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Plugs and wires are in it revs up nice in nuterl, but when i pop it in gear and go it shakes and spluters. Could the seal be gone on the head?