PDA

View Full Version : Rally Graphics

bomkey_noy23
03-05-2009, 02:38 AM
Anyone know where i might be able to get my hands on some graphics from the older rally cars to make it look like one, i really have no clue where to start looking, looking for maybe the castrol style graphics, or even the oikos style graphics

Shadowlife25
03-05-2009, 03:05 AM
There is a vinyl company that does repro rally graphics. I think the name is actually Rally Graphics. Not sure though.

bomkey_noy23
03-05-2009, 03:21 AM
thanks, im checkin it out right now. used to have my old celica, smashed it, want to get a all trac turbo now, i miss it so much, that car even just being FWD was so much fun.

bomkey_noy23
03-05-2009, 07:12 AM
i looked it up on google, didnt find a whole lot. i found a place called rally graphix, but they make the graphics for the new teams, i just sent some emails to the local sign co. cause i know they do graphics on cars, see if maybe they want to do a full body wrap maybe or something, who knows, the other possibility i was thinking is maybe just have it all painted on, then it would look 20X better i would think.

celica91gts
03-05-2009, 08:16 AM
didn't a member on here have rally graphics on his car? his car was gunmetal colored with a purple interior. and hes got the headlights that everyone wants but costs a fortune.... someone will remember it now.

Cavanagh
03-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Yea, cant recall his name, but he was from Australia.

90CelicaST
03-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Yea, cant recall his name, but he was from Australia.
His name is Mook and he's from the UK
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30908

bomkey_noy23
03-06-2009, 07:14 AM
ah, ill have to ask, i checked with the local sign co, about a full body wrap and also if i had painted the car white, if i just got the graphics, full wrap they said $3000 and just the graphics they said roughly $1000 and it would only cost me around a grand to paint the car white. or maybe ill get lucky and find a buy one thats in good white condition.

Shadowlife25
03-06-2009, 08:50 AM
So is there gonna be some go with that show? Plans?

bomkey_noy23
03-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Like i said, i used to own a celica, it was a 5FSE, so, as for the 3S-GTE motor, i haven't totally looked into what i can do for upgrades to everything for the motor, i was debating creating another post, just wondering maybe if you guys could give me a quick run-down on some mods that are gonna help these cars out, bigger turbo's etc, i was thinking maybe a conversion to a T3/T4 turbo with supporting fuel system mods, i dont know forsure what i will have to do for ignition, maybe you guys know an aftermarket ECU that would make it more simple or maybe just something like using the MSD BTM and a Piggy back Fuel system, i have a general idea, but really looking for 350 HP maybe, not big, but not stock obviously, being as an alltrac is awd, doesnt take as much power for em to move, there is a video on google of a 550 HP AllTrac smoking a 1050 HP supra, could possibly be because the guy in the supra might not know how to drive, but i figure it puts out a good image to me that the awd helps out alot for acceleration

bomkey_noy23
03-09-2009, 08:32 AM
oh, and while im on the topic, anyone know where to get (what i believe to be the JDM version) turbo front bumper, i found an alltrac near me, its needs work, its a craigslist post, http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1057193202.html thats the post, but it has the uglier bumper, im looking for the style front bumper like 90celicast has on his car.

update: my bad, spoke to soon saying i couldnt find one, found one, but they want 477 dollars for the bumper and parts to install it. anyone know anywhere cheaper?

Shadowlife25
03-09-2009, 12:14 PM
That isn't an AllTrac or GT4 bumper. It only came on the RC edition or the Carlos Sainz edition. Also you will need all the bumper brackets and reinforcement bar. Look at about $700 in parts before paint. So probably 1k after all is said and done.

As to your questions on an upgrade path, read the stickies, you'll find more than enough to keep you busy. ;)

90CelicaST
03-09-2009, 05:29 PM
That isn't an AllTrac or GT4 bumper. It only came on the RC edition or the Carlos Sainz edition. Also you will need all the bumper brackets and reinforcement bar. Look at about $700 in parts before paint.
Hahahahaha. Really? I think not. All you NEED is the bumper cover and the aluminum bumper. That's it. Total cost ~$400 before paint.

Wicked Toys
03-10-2009, 01:50 AM
http://www.skewer.co.uk/

Shadowlife25
03-10-2009, 04:45 AM
Hahahahaha. Really? I think not. All you NEED is the bumper cover and the aluminum bumper. That's it. Total cost ~$400 before paint.

No. You would be incorrect. Parts cost was just over $600 for all the parts that should be used. You can get by with less. I was quoting a COMPLETE front bumper conversion though. Point being, either way it is still closer to a grand after paint.
Thanks.

Shadowlife25
03-10-2009, 04:47 AM
http://www.skewer.co.uk/

Thanks for the link! I believe they also have an E-Bay storefront that list the rally graphics kit from time to time.

bomkey_noy23
03-10-2009, 05:06 AM
thanks for the info, i had no idea, i just knew it was a more rare style of bumper, ill be sure to read the stickies, but yeah, also, that website has the exact graphics i want, thanx for those too. I dont know if anyone looked at that car or not, but lol, it needs lots of work, new fenders, bumper, etc. needs work.

Ryan
03-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Ehh, it wont be too hard to make that car nice again. I mean, it will take some time, and some money, but its nothing that somebody that has some know how couldnt handle. Once you get the parts, take a weekend and do it. Make sure you have plenty of PB blaster handy for the stubborn bolts.