PDA

View Full Version : Tales of B.S.

Dave9284
02-27-2009, 06:49 PM
It's been a while since I've been to these boards, due to work and other commitments, but I need your guys knowledge. My girlfriend knows this idiots of a guy that tries to claim to do these outrageous things to cars all while only possessing basic tools. For one he tried telling me he converted a 5th gen 5s-fe to carberateur. When I called him out on even if he had the knowledge to do it how pointless it would be on a motor designed for fuel injection. Then it somehow turning into he cut the top of the intake off and mounted 4 motorcycle carbs to each port to act as individual throttlebodies. When I asked him what horsepower that wonderful carb setup put out he said proudly 200 horses. I threw at him a good running 3s-gte puts that out bone stock.

Now his latest tale of B.S. is that he is putting a Toyota Supra motor into a 5th gen Toyota Celica. I see this not working on so many levels, from engine space to frame/body designs, and of course the whole front wheel/rear wheel drive issue. Of course with enough money and hacking anything is possible, but could this actually be done by somebody in their garage? All my knowledge says no, but I want your guys input. Help me stop this douche with a capital BAG trying to impress my girl and make celicas look bad with his dumb assdom.

MrWOT
02-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Lol, if he can, I'll be really impressed.

StormyBklyn
02-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Don't know about the carbs, but yes, I've read about Celicas with 7Ms (though I don't remember where I've read about it). I don't know abour a 2JZ, but there are a few people here that have V6's in their cars, a week or so ago someone posted about putting a supercharged V6 in. So yes, it is doable, but not the easiest thing, and not without a lot of knowledge and custom fabrication.
Oh, and to clarify, I'm by no means an expert, but I doubt it could be done with little knowledge and basic tools in someones home garage.

VikingJZ
02-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Is his name Chip Foose?

grayscale
02-27-2009, 08:09 PM
If he does, make sure you get us some pics!

Seriously, tell the guy to stfu, and keep your girl away from him, then you won't have to listen to the bs anymore.

MrWOT
02-27-2009, 08:47 PM
The 7m would work very well with carbs, so would the 3s for that matter ;)

50* valve angle, lift the ports up, use an adapter and some sidedrafts and it would scream.

VikingJZ
02-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Tell him a 4.3 GM engine would be the best engine to evAr grace a Celica.

lul

Murgatroy
02-27-2009, 08:56 PM
I knew a guy that had a 4.3L GM V6 in a 3rd Gen.

A 2JZ (Supra) is an inline 6, not a V6. It WILL NOT FIT without converting to a RWD set up and cutting the firewall. That is not including a tranny tunnel or a rear end.

As for putting the motorcycle carbs on the 5SFE, well I haven't seen that done, but I have seen them put on a 4AFE. So that is possible. A lot of work, but possible.

VikingJZ
02-27-2009, 08:58 PM
4.3's were solid engines.

I had one in my Sonoma RBE (rust bucket edition)

It was a hoss. It put out roughly 54HP.

Actually it ran alright, but it burned oil BADLY.

StormyBklyn
02-27-2009, 09:18 PM
I knew a guy that had a 4.3L GM V6 in a 3rd Gen.

A 2JZ (Supra) is an inline 6, not a V6. It WILL NOT FIT without converting to a RWD set up and cutting the firewall. That is not including a tranny tunnel or a rear end.

Didn't think the 2JZ would work, but for the life of me I can't remember where I read about the 7M. I don't remember, but it may have been into an ST185.
Again, as you all know, I'm not exactly automotive mechanically inclined, so I wouldn't be able to go into the specifics, and it was years ago that I read about it. The 7M is inline also, so whoever did it must have converted to RWD as well.

Mafix
02-27-2009, 09:30 PM
it COULD work but it would be a full tube frame car to hold it and *claimed power to the ground. so he would never be able to drive it on the street. oh and he would need a fuel cell, completely different steering design as the stock rack and pinion would never work, with that said he'd need different spindles to keep the suspension geometry right, the rear end of an alltrac (why not just use an alltrac speech here), the diff from a supra (hopefully lsd or the like), ect

MrWOT
02-27-2009, 09:49 PM
As for putting the motorcycle carbs on the 5SFE, well I haven't seen that done, but I have seen them put on a 4AFE. So that is possible. A lot of work, but possible.

Putting it together would be EASY, getting them synched would be MURDER. :runaway:

I'm waiting for someone with a Z-car to sell a matched set of DCOE 45s still :naughty:

KoreanJoey
02-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Didn't think the 2JZ would work, but for the life of me I can't remember where I read about the 7M. I don't remember, but it may have been into an ST185.
Again, as you all know, I'm not exactly automotive mechanically inclined, so I wouldn't be able to go into the specifics, and it was years ago that I read about it. The 7M is inline also, so whoever did it must have converted to RWD as well.

Never heard of a 7M BUT, if you can fit a 7M you can fit a 2JZ. AND they've jammed a 1UZ V8 into an ST185 so with enough money and a plasma cutter you can make anything fit.

Ryan
02-28-2009, 02:00 AM
^But a 2j is longer than a 1u isnt it?

Regardless, it would take a boatload of money, a lot of time, and even more know-how.

usp45
02-28-2009, 05:29 PM
It's been a while since I've been to these boards, due to work and other commitments, but I need your guys knowledge. My girlfriend knows this idiots of a guy that tries to claim to do these outrageous things to cars all while only possessing basic tools. For one he tried telling me he converted a 5th gen 5s-fe to carberateur. When I called him out on even if he had the knowledge to do it how pointless it would be on a motor designed for fuel injection. Then it somehow turning into he cut the top of the intake off and mounted 4 motorcycle carbs to each port to act as individual throttlebodies. When I asked him what horsepower that wonderful carb setup put out he said proudly 200 horses. I threw at him a good running 3s-gte puts that out bone stock.

Now his latest tale of B.S. is that he is putting a Toyota Supra motor into a 5th gen Toyota Celica. I see this not working on so many levels, from engine space to frame/body designs, and of course the whole front wheel/rear wheel drive issue. Of course with enough money and hacking anything is possible, but could this actually be done by somebody in their garage? All my knowledge says no, but I want your guys input. Help me stop this douche with a capital BAG trying to impress my girl and make celicas look bad with his dumb assdom.

just call him out in front of your girl. Say "show me" and if your girl continues to beleive the web of lies without proof... I'd say let him have her. Pathalogical liars come and go. It's pretty standard stuff.

KoreanJoey
03-02-2009, 05:23 PM
^But a 2j is longer than a 1u isnt it?

Regardless, it would take a boatload of money, a lot of time, and even more know-how.

Yeah but not longer than a 7M.

mr2trd3
03-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Sounds like you're insecure. If you're worried that your GF might jump ship because of his 2JZ BS, I'd suggest you find yourself a new GF.

Terracar
03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
ROFLMAO

Guy needs a clue... severely.

5s with 200hp with just a carb setup oh damn sign me up for one. Shit that means I could get roughly 270 - 300 out of a 3sgte with a carb setup? Damn I am all out of JB Weld too, now how am I going to fab up my plenums?

2jz - so much would need to be done - firewall, steering rack, etc. the v6 you here about in celicas are transverse (FWD) not RWD.

Just remember...

Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

-Terracar

Dave9284
03-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Well I finally got to see this tard in person. I wasn't feeling insecure about my girl she knows he's full of it. They work together so thats why he's able to talk to her. It just irritates me when someone tried to throw b.s. around like that. She knows enough about cars to know he is full of it. Especially when he is making the Celica community look stupid.

Rather than argue with him about these "projects" he's doing which involve things like I mentioned in my original post and tons of other crap that i can't fathom how he thinks anyone would belive, I just threw some crap at him I knew was b.s. and called him out. It was hilarious when i brought up how he should import a 2009 Celica All-trac and he bit the bait and said he's already working on getting one. The best one was when I asked him why doesn't he get a set of underdrive pullies for the ABS on his turbo. After a few seconds he managed to come up with he has them on back order. When I let him know the car doesn't exist and those things are in no way related to eachother he started stuttering and made up an excuse to high tail it outta there. I may not know the most about cars but I know what I'm talking about and I don't like some asshat trying to put moves on my girl even when it don't work. On a side note an All-trac that he claimed to be his daily driver was nothing more than an ST with an all trac emblem on the back.

METDeath
03-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Did you spot his unpainted mirrors or door handles first? Or maybe the fact that it was a coupe?

mr2trd3
03-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Meh...pissing contest for children. I remember when I was a ricer kid in high school like everyone else. When it came to Jap engine and chassis codes, no one had anything on me. I memorized all the mid-late 80s, 90s, and early 00s. Gran Turismo was my Bible. LOL...haha. Bench racing and stat shittin' FTMFW.