PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Frankenstine has done it again TWO cheap Swaps... sticky too come yeeass?

tekstep01
02-25-2009, 07:02 PM
First off, 3sfe's cheap, widely available? yes... 3sfe block, -W- 3sge head...
needed mods: cooling.... more of let me tell you bout that.... nothing major though!
Second off... JDM 3sge 2.0 ran on usdm 1.0 comp... :wtf: some mods yes.. difficulty...uh like a 3-4.... on scale of 10.....
:bowdown: ***(WARNING THIS SWAP MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU OWN A TOYOTA)*** :bowdown:
im perfecting the recipe yeas (its got a stalling issue; no cold start injector) but its my daily driver so you wanna test.... i do burnouts in front your house... big post to come! saturday im droppin piks and info.... get at me if you need info asapppiii! :pron:
until them keep it cool! -Tek

Shadowlife25
02-25-2009, 07:09 PM
You crazy Romanian! :D

Looking forward to your presentation.

andy
02-25-2009, 07:40 PM
wut? lawl. sounds like a balling plan dawg. get some pics up.

tekstep01
02-25-2009, 11:46 PM
teaser added my new mo-mo! pik above! bow down! those who said it wouldnt run on a 1.0 comp! it does! ah but you must know this... its like a real racing motorcar...

Fox 21 Alpha
02-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Nice, glad to see your doing ever more crazy ass shit, but hey atleast its for the better. A Ford Excursion tried to eat the 83 on the highway, so now the whole right side is chewed up. I'm going backwards it seems damnit lol

tekstep01
02-26-2009, 02:39 AM
Nice, glad to see your doing ever more crazy ass shit, but hey atleast its for the better. A Ford Excursion tried to eat the 83 on the highway, so now the whole right side is chewed up. I'm going backwards it seems damnit lol

DAMN MY FIRST CAR???? AHHHHHH, its supposed to be in a musem by now!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
not so much!~ lol! :lolhittin :lolhittin :ohyeah:

love to my brother!
hey who ever let him use the garage in pittsburgh THANKYOU!.. you have the same courtesy here in cali too... any time in the hood!
boards with down-A$$ people work! :ohyeah:

Freshnicity
02-26-2009, 04:59 AM
DAMN MY FIRST CAR???? AHHHHHH, its supposed to be in a musem by now!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
not so much!~ lol! :lolhittin :lolhittin :ohyeah:

love to my brother!
hey who ever let him use the garage in pittsburgh THANKYOU!.. you have the same courtesy here in cali too... any time in the hood!
boards with down-A$$ people work! :ohyeah:

Pics damnit!

tekstep01
02-27-2009, 06:29 PM
heres the youtube so you can see it running.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JbODyWmCfs

alright im seeing some flaws in the recipe....
to properly run the second gen 3sge im gonna have to add a cold start sys!
me personaly id leave it out BUT,
when you get off a freeway, the new motor dies on idle.... until it reaches 100*f........ oh yeah the second gen runs COLD! Cold compared to my first gen..... thats why im thinking alot of first gen owners should look into that additional cooling outlet on the back of the block!

anywho much love to yah celica bretheren! :bigthumbu

T-spoon
02-27-2009, 11:42 PM
This thread baffles me. Carry on sir. :)

tekstep01
02-28-2009, 11:14 PM
heres some more vid.....
3SGE gen 2 on First gen comp......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ont0dWtSZdc

look drunk guys!

RedRkt01
03-09-2009, 08:28 PM
I can't remember why you are using the old electronics with the newer engine.......can yo uclear that up for me? I knew at one point, but don't anymore. Goog job buy the way.

tekstep01
04-22-2009, 03:12 AM
b-cuz i wanted to save money! DUH!

Grot
04-22-2009, 03:26 AM
So... You wanna do some work on my 162? :bigthumbu

tekstep01
04-23-2009, 05:38 PM
id love to, but at the moment im doing a 84 toyo pickup with a 22r, for my friends dad...
and im about to rip all the wiring that isnt connected in my celi....to simplify my life....

but i think your kiddin anyway!
anywho, i made a new wiring harness for the JDM 3SGE, using my old FE harness and ECU, because it supports the electronic idle control, and has the same type of plugs....
the only thing is it doesnt support the knock sensor... so to tune my fuel maps im gonna go with AEM, and im making my own knock sensor light using the one that came on the long block.....

THE 3sge/FE still is running strong... no oil leaks, no coolant loss... i replaced the temp sensor and it seems to be running "business As Usual"
the only thing is it idles way high... probably because i have a short ram...
when it gets to N.O.T. (temp) and i set the idle it runs at 750-800... but cold...1200
whats up with that?

ciento44
04-23-2009, 05:49 PM
THE 3sge/FE still is running strong... no oil leaks, no coolant loss... i replaced the temp sensor and it seems to be running "business As Usual"
the only thing is it idles way high... probably because i have a short ram...
when it gets to N.O.T. (temp) and i set the idle it runs at 750-800... but cold...1200
whats up with that?

This is perfectly normal.

tekstep01
04-25-2009, 05:17 AM
word!

Grot
04-25-2009, 05:19 AM
yea mine did that too

1300-1400 cold, 600-700 NOT

Fox 21 Alpha
04-25-2009, 05:34 AM
Firefighter my ass. Should go be a crazy ass mechanic up on the hill rolling out all kinds of weird shit.

tekstep01
04-25-2009, 08:39 AM
*Actually I Am!

Fox 21 Alpha
04-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Haha actually this is true, you do live on a hill, and do crazy shit with cars. All you need now is a freaky lab coat, you already have the evilish laugh

tekstep01
04-25-2009, 05:56 PM
muah ha ha ha! bring me that turbo clip immediatly, igor! we must swap to gain power for my monster! MY CREATION! MUUUUAHH HA HA HA!

squall leonhart
05-01-2009, 02:17 AM
ok, just a ? on the fe block with ge head...what cooling mods need to be done? i have a good 3sfe sitting in my 87 gt, and would like to use the bottom end in a gts in need of bottom end rebuild.

thanks for any info!

tekstep01
05-01-2009, 03:39 AM
connect the drain plug to to a t in the heater inlet..... that does it.... it runs much cooler visibly on the stock gauge and on my aftermarket....
and an aftermarket oil cooler will keep the oil thicker, get one off of a 5sfe, you need the water pipe too......

squall leonhart
05-01-2009, 05:04 AM
this may sound stupid, but since i haven't seen both blocks to know...why is this needed? are the water/oil jackets in the blocks different?

CriScO
05-01-2009, 06:59 PM
this may sound stupid, but since i haven't seen both blocks to know...why is this needed? are the water/oil jackets in the blocks different?
Nope. You run into some more extreme differences with the blocks built for the GTE, but the block castings for the GE/FE heads are the same.

This is my memory we're dealing with, so I could be off, but that's how I remember it. I'm actually pulling my GE before June, if I get a chance I'll pull the head.

BTW, excellent name. My favorite FF character by far. :bigthumbu

tekstep01
05-05-2009, 08:04 AM
ha ha yup hes right!, no differences in the blocks except this:
FE: Low compression pistons (indented tops), different crankshaft balance 6 lug flywheel. 4-1 header
GE: High compression pistions (flat with valve cuts) More balanced crank (high RPMS!) crank oil injectors 8 lug flywheel that has same 8mm/1.25 bolts as the fe 6 lug. 4-2-1- header
GE(gen 2.) HIGH compression pistons (same as 3sgte) Turbo crankshaft (balanced and weighted) -w- Oil injectors. Extra cooling outlet. Oil cooler attached to block.
8 bolt flywheel with GTE style 10mm/1.25Thick Bolts! 4-1 header.
5SFE: .2 liters bigger pistons/stroke? (NEEDS CONVERSION HEAD GASKET!)
ALMOST TWIN TO GE GEN 2......except flywheel....... 4-1 header!
QUESTION WHAT BOLT PATTERN FLYWHEEL?
THE FE_GE BLOCK to HEAD PAttern ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AT LEAST 87-89... same HG, and BOLTS...

squall leonhart
05-09-2009, 09:30 PM
well, that's what i had always thought, so still...why the need for increased cooling mods needs when it's a lower compression block anyway?

i can understand wanting to have an oil cooler since the GE block has one, but is it necessary? i think there is something i missed somewhere. it would probably make sense if i had a 3sge to look at. ie, if there is something extra on the GE head that is used on the 3sge block that the 3sfe block doesn't have (perhaps for the oil cooler, and i'm just missing where you said that. haha)

tekstep01
05-10-2009, 07:16 AM
3 series blocks are nitrous for over-heating in cly # 3! (something to do with the flow of water... and if you ever opened one up its always #3 you benchmark by if the block is gonna be re-buildible.... plus it (fe block) lacks the crank oil injector, so keeping temps down benefits when putting a couple extra ponies through ye old fuel economy block....
keeps them rings from burning, and remember by adding the extral cooling outlet you bring a tad more flow through the jacket... keeps # 3 in shape longer.
see the 3sge thread under NA MOTORS.......

CollapsedNut
07-11-2009, 06:50 AM
The hell? Ive read over this 3 times and cant understand this guy lol! Are you saying your using a gen 2 ge with the gen 1 computer or are you saying your using the ge with the fe computer?

tekstep01
07-11-2009, 07:32 AM
right as this is typed im using a 3sge jdm 2.0 running the usdm 1.0 comp...
ive used a 3sfe with age head,
a 5sfe with a ge head,
then a usdm 3sge with no tvis,
an now a jdm 2.0 again.
ALL ON THE SAME COMP/ HARNESS.. with minor modification per block... (plugs)
the newest one im using the avis vsv, and an mr-2 fuel pressure VSV.....
sometimes it stalls for no reason, thats the only bug though.......
so i think im doing pretty goooooood!
i like this new block, cause its completely stock, and it hauls ass!

CollapsedNut
07-11-2009, 05:09 PM
This man scares me! I NEED AN ADULT!!!

Mafix
07-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi Adult Here!

tekstep01
07-11-2009, 05:53 PM
adults? whaaa? wheres all the . . . . Females at? lol!

Mafix
07-11-2009, 05:56 PM
just to clarify the f and g blocks are no where near the same.

tekstep01
07-11-2009, 06:43 PM
to be more specific....
actually, in the crankshaft/pistons ect. yes you are correct.

but the "block" is the same exactly. all 3 series motors 87-94 use the same cast.

the heads are all interchangable, the only real diffrence in the cast, is 89' and up they added a knock sensor port, and i think some extra ribbing for strength.

word. G!
tis I 3series rookie masta!

now in the case of the 5sFE, i had to machine that one, and use a conversion gasket.

i can tell you this because i got a FE, GE, And second gen GE block rite here in front of me...
im stripping the second gen for toysport, so they can convert it to a GTE...

CollapsedNut
02-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Is this crazy guy still around? Im still kinda scared of him...

tekstep01
02-07-2010, 05:14 AM
whazzzzup need any help wit a ST-162 huh huh huh????
_-LOL!
yeah im still here, and still moddin my celica. although its not street legal now....

CollapsedNut
02-07-2010, 07:27 AM
OMG RUN AWWWWAAAYYY!
Have you ever ran 5sfe cams on the 3sfe head?